Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.1  (Read 878 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.1
« on: November 03, 2021, 11:39:03 am »
I realized that i can endlessly add new things and endlessly postpone the release version. So let me introduce you:
 The X-Chronicles version 0.99
Welcome to the global fantasy-themed overhaul mod.
This time, the aliens did not come, instead - magic came to Earth. And along with it, strange magical creatures, sorcerers, zombies and other fantasy clichés.
Or not really?
Features:
Choose a patron country on which the gameplay will depend.
Learn magic technologies and throw away your guns.
Evolve your operatives from ordinary humans to demigods ... or monsters.
Learn powerful battle spells.
With all these bells and whistles, go down to the abode of Aliens ...
and lose outright to the horrors there.

Available languages: US English and Russian.

Download: mod.io

Changelog:
Spoiler:
V. 0.99.1
- Added new armor: crusader;
- Added some mapblocks for Archmage yard;
- Multiple bugfixes in research tree, thanks to ted_die;
- Fixed Archmage tower spawn, thanks to ted_die;
- Cleaned starting base;
V. 0.99
 - initial release.
Installation:
Copy to the mod folder, run the game and chose "Base game" X-Chronicles.
Thanks: to OpenXcom authors for a brilliant game; to Yankes and Meridian for powerful OXCE, to the other modders from whom I borrowed something.

Release status: mod is fully playable, but not really balanced.
Version 0.99 means, that i will work on it further, maybe for years, adding new stuff and redacting existing things.

Future plans:
 - more maps;
 - more undead;
 - more summons;
 - demons;
 - alchemy;
 - dwarves and elves, maybe.

If you want to help:
 - This mod desperately needs a spell check of English translation.
 - More map blocks needed for existing terrains. I will do it myself, but slowly.
 - I will be grateful for bug reports. 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:24:22 am by Nord »

Offline EleriumWard

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 04:21:07 am »
Very nice! Looking forward to playing this and seeing how much further it develops.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:23:18 am »
First patch released.
Changelog:
- Added new armor: crusader;
- Added some mapblocks for Archmage yard;
- Multiple bugfixes in research tree, thanks to ted_die;
- Fixed Archmage tower spawn, thanks to ted_die;
- Cleaned starting base;

Offline Kissaki

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.1
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 04:29:58 pm »
Well, colour me tickled. I'm trying this out as soon as I have the time.

Offline Ryln

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 11:39:59 am »
Gave this a try tonight and this is such a fun mod! Playing on beginner Ironman, I’m about 5 hours of playtime in. Really looking forward to seeing how everything progresses :).

I went with US for both patron and starting location, and just captured my first outcast mage. Now that I understand a bit more how shields work with some trial and error I’m really enjoying just how different this feels from both the base game and XCF.

No bugs so far, just straightforward fun!

One small bit of feedback: I’d love for the soldier inventory to show all three accuracy types if it isn’t too hard to do, what with how important melee and throwing accuracy are here.

Edit: Might have found a bug. I just researched Block Bow, and it’s not showing up for purchase, while in the tech tree viewer it indicates it should be now.

Edit 2: Another possible bug; when I researched Chemical Threat, it revealed the Combat Vest Hazmat armor, but it’s not for purchase and I can’t find it in the tech tree viewer.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 06:47:46 am by Ryln »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 09:47:52 am »
Edit: Might have found a bug. I just researched Block Bow, and it’s not showing up for purchase, while in the tech tree viewer it indicates it should be now.
Thanks, will check.
Edit 2: Another possible bug; when I researched Chemical Threat, it revealed the Combat Vest Hazmat armor, but it’s not for purchase and I can’t find it in the tech tree viewer.
If you buy full complect then you will be able to equip simple or hazmat.

Offline Ryln

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 10:59:26 am »
I just noticed and came to edit again to correct myself; I apparently hadn’t bothered putting more armor on people since I unlocked it. Looks like it’s working as intended, sorry about that!

I just got the new laboratory, excited to start unlocking some magic!

Edit: A possible research bug; In the Tech Tree Viewer Water Shield says it Depends On: Not Available. It looks like it’s unlocked by lots of things, but I hadn’t seen that before elsewhere and wanted to check.

I managed to shoot down my first small flying ship and even succeed at raiding it, so I’m happily researching Runewood now. I feel like I’m so very close to unlocking some magical stuff beyond runed weapons, which would be a gamechanger. I’m using the combat vest more for the hazmat mask than anything else against invaders, as in general they kill me in one hit anyways.

I did also get chitin armor, but only enough materials for three suits so far so I’m being extra careful with anyone wearing it.

Edit 2: got myself the Runewood vests and they’re incredible! I had two, lost one to a fire wand which felt thematically appropriate.

When it comes to damaged armor and repair, what determines if you get the damaged armor? Is it if the corpse survives to the end of the mission?

Edit 3: I lost due to overextending and getting a negative score several months in a row, so I’ve started a new game in eastern Europe, and Russia is my sponsor this time around. I’m off to a good start! I like how different the loadouts are. One bug: upon researching the “Contract with the Russian Army”, I’m now able to buy the UB-32M Launcher, but there’s no UFOPaedia entry for it. Same with the ammo, the 57mm C-5M rockets.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:18:45 am by Ryln »