Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 186231 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 12:09:23 pm »
Hello everyone,
 Been playing x-cpm regularly for at least 12 years.  Looking forward to see this project completed, just wish i could do more than bare basic computer programming so i could help unfortunately its not my strong point yet.

Offline AlienRape

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 09:18:21 am »
Hello.
As you can probably guess, X-Com is indeed one of my top games of all time.

Offline R

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »
Just a quick background.  I am not avid Xcom fan like most of you.  I played xcom for the first time only recently.  But I'm very interested in the development process.  Don't know why, but developing is more interesting than gaming atm.  Get easily bored.  :P I am doing some research on the xcom system and started compiling a complete (sensible) wishlist that xcom fans made across different remake websites ect.  From this wishlist ill design a possible design how a faithful xcom remake/(successor?) should look like.  (Not as if im a pro.  Just for my own amusement)

I'll be in touch.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 11:56:20 pm »
Moritz, 32, from Germany.

I've been playing the x-com games for years (don't know when I started... '95? first contact was at a friends house, he was playing a nighttime battlescape mission with a landed harvester UFO and it was absolutely creepy).
I've been writing some stuff for Project:Xenocide a while back.
In RL I'm a physician (specializing in anaesthesiology), but at heart I'm a geek of natural sciences.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:46 am »
Moritz, 32, from Germany.

I've been playing the x-com games for years (don't know when I started... '95? first contact was at a friends house, he was playing a nighttime battlescape mission with a landed harvester UFO and it was absolutely creepy).
I've been writing some stuff for Project:Xenocide a while back.
In RL I'm a physician (specializing in anaesthesiology), but at heart I'm a geek of natural sciences.
Another Project Xenocide refugee! ;) Nice to have you around.

Offline metalmouth7

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:57 am »
Hey. I'm Grant, by day an average Highschool student, by night a writer on a small indie fan game (UnrealStarcraft.) I discovered X-Com back in 2002-3, and I've always jumped back to it once all the new games I play are said and done.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:03 am »
Hello. I'm Eduardo and I hail from Chile.

X-Com has remained my fav game for almost 10 years now. I'm a certified slacker, sometimes working to make enough money and go abroad to live the life away from home for 6 months or a year.

I have limited knowledge about modding in general, from scripting to editing sound files and sprites. I have more fun modding games than actually playing them but X-Com is pretty much one of the few games I can't really mod. :'(

Glad I found this project when I was looking for mods to make my X-Com more interesting and challenging.

Offline Mark Boyd

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »
Hi.  I'm Mark and I've been an X-COM fan for about 15 years.
(Hmmm... this thread is starting to resemble an addiction recovery support group)

I'm planning on making a crazy mod for openxcom.  It looks very mod-friendly, with human-readable rules files.  And of course the code is available too.  I'd also like to help with the main branch, although I have no idea what needs doing right now.

Offline Zharik1999

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »
Hello to everyone!
My name is Vladimir, I'm high school student from Russia. I'm in love with X-com and I will try to do my best to make myself useful for OpenXcom project. And excuse me for my English :)

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:58 pm »
Hello !

My name is Joel and i'm French :)

I fallow any remake projects, open or not (Diablo - The Hell, Pionner, Freeserf, ...).
Now, Xenocide, Ufo:TTS and Cydonia Fall are dead, so don't abandon !!! OpenXcom feel really awesome, I revive my young gaming expérience.

Ufo : AI are many cool content, but i dont like gameplay in tactical. UFO : Aftermath is cool too, but too unbalanced. But RPG side is very interesting. Finnaly, UFO-ET is good game but too easy. Bman introcuce many feature like bosses, maybe a good idea for future dev on openxcom ... ?

Actually, I see for Xaunaut and maybe future X-Com 2012 :)

Bye !

Offline snozy

• Squaddie
  • Mutons everywhere!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 10:02:31 am »
Hello I came here to show my support for OpenXcom. I have a feeling the upcoming XCOM UFO Defense remakes will not be so good for me. A lot of people on the Xenonauts forum agreed after playing Alpha Xenonauts, they just couldnt play XCOM anymore because its too outdated. Well Im the opposite, I felt XCOM is still the big winner after many many many years and even after I tried out Xenonauts at my friends house. So Im here for you boys!!

So yes, I still feel XCOM is the better game, sorry Xenonauts  ::)

I have a C.C but no PayPal, and I would donate what I have left in my card for this game to contribute to its progress if there is another way to donate.

Thank you friends!!

Offline Amunak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My homepage (czech only)
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 01:30:04 am »
Well first there was this thread. Then there was this map. And I thought it would be a great idea to make similar map for our community, so I emailed the author for the source code, find out that it's terrible but I finally make it working.

By terrible I mean extremly horrible. Eventually I'll rewrite it completly, but now I'm really not in a mood to do that...

So if you're interested, add yourself to the map - it's much easier to view than reading this whole thread to find out that your neighbour loves xcom too :)

tools.amunak.net/openxcom-map/

And just by the way, I'm from czech republic, 18-year-old, playing x-com for more than 10 years and watching it being played for even longer :)

Offline Tentaculars

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 12:34:55 am »
Time to say hello :)

I am new to this community but a great fan of XCOM. I have played Terror from the Deep and Apocalypse and unfortunately not UFO: Enemy Unkown. I modded some maps for XCOM TFTD with Davishivas Map editor and i am happy to find some people who do simelar stuff.

Well thats all to say for me at the moment.

See you :)

Tentaculars

Offline chad3006

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:14 pm »
I'm Chad from TX.  Had XCom on floppy too.  Been a fan for many years -- hope to get envolved in this project.

Offline AmigaDave

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 07:05:34 am »
I am AmigaDave from Calif. and have played Xcom (UFO Enemy Unknown) on the Amiga for almost 20 years, off and on.  Believe it or not, I still have my original Amiga A1000 that I purchased used in 1987 as my first ever computer.  I learned everything I know about computers on that Amiga A1000, or the A2000 I bought to supersede it, and I am still using Amiga computers to this day, with my brand new AmigaOne X1000 that was delivered in Feb. of this year.  It is amazing that the Amiga has not completely died out yet, but I hope it never will.

I am just starting to learn C/C++ (on my Amiga of course, plus on a branch of the Amiga, called MorphOS3.1, which runs on my 1.67GHz G4 PowerBook), but the studying is going well so far and I think I will be able to learn fast.  I was forced into an early retirement 5 years ago due to a failed back surgery, which made my pain worse, instead of better.  My back condition has gotten progressively worse over time and I am hoping the insurance company will approve a 2nd back surgery to fix the mistakes made during the first surgery, but there are no guarantees in the medical profession.  I am willing to take the chance again and endure the pain of a 2nd surgery, if I have even a 5% chance for things getting better, so I can go back to a normal life.

Being retired and disabled lets me do little else than watch TV movies and play, or work on my laptop, so I might as well learn something to make my time productive.  Not sure if/when I would be able to contribute to this project, but if not, maybe the next one.  I would like to port this remake of Xcom to the Next Generation Amiga systems, if possible.