Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 101756 times)

Offline LuckyClover

• Sergeant
  • Too Lucky to die :)
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2021, 12:01:09 am »
SectoidLeader is a super cool username  ;D

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2021, 03:51:42 am »
It's everything I wanted the 2012 re-make to be. Simply the original game except with updated UI and other creature comforts.

+1 billion

Offline EyeEye

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2021, 12:21:27 pm »
Aye, Commanders) I am Anton from a country that never surrenders to Aliens))
X-com game is something I can cry about in happiness, fantasizing about Battlescape and those murky Night missions.

First heard about XCOM from a friend. We were in a military colledge back in 1996, he got access to a computer lab and poured some hours into it. Then I "played" xcom listening to his stories about the game in our free time after the night sleep call, in the cold barracks under the blanket. He wispered about shooting down UFOs, how his rookie got killed by a distant green shot from darkness and so on. I got very emotional about this game without even seeing it, partly because I was still around 14yo and badly wanted to play it. It was only 4 years later that I got my first PC (thanks, grandma!) and the first 3.5" floppies it got fed with were xcom!

Long story short, I am so happy to replay XCOM and Xenonauts every now and then. I used to play with savegames before Ironman and named them creatively. Now I just read titles of my savegames and get transported immediately into the Battlefield, in bright colors. I am so happy OpenXCom allows unlimited saves, so I got hundreds every playthrough. I remind myself how vividly scary it was when a "SCANNER REVEALED BODY" or finally in desperate need of money on Geo it was a "MIRACLE TO DISCOVER LANDING SITE 6". "THEY APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE" is a classic one)

It's great to be among the minds alike) Cheers