Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51283 times)

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1b Anarchic Anachronism)
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2023, 02:59:55 pm »
Hello !

Is this mod compatible with the current last 2.8 version of OXF ?

Thanks

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2023, 03:31:13 am »
I am using it with this mod - there are some string mismatches sometimes but I did not encounter anything gamebreaking

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2023, 04:19:36 am »
I'm also still using it and as stated above me, no real major issues otherwise encountered.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2023, 05:13:18 pm »
I tried 2.8 and I completed a few missions with no problems. Unless Solarius changes the way mission logic works or reworks major already existing parts you will get problems, otherwise mod should run fine. There WILL be bugs at some point and I am aware that he's made some of my weapons redundant (We do balance the guns differently so there's also that, they won't be the same BUT they will be the same weapon conceptually). I will be changing the version number but I have not done any further testing.

About the (possibly) last update
I've rarely got time as of late but I CAN fix specific issues if you guys point them out, but no new content will be coming out soon There's still a big zombie/chryssalid themed content I want to release but its unfinished:

The main content is a second choice for the end of one of the story arcs that culminates in a mini boss battle:
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE SYNDICATE ARC (I guess?)
Spoiler:
- The syndicate/Mutant plotline gets resolved in an alternate way by... not resolving it in exchange of letting a certain group of scientists see how far they can take mutants and zombies, the council will HATE you but you get new tools for dispatching them plus new ways of dealing with chryssalids

- It goes awry (or maybe that was the plan all along !) and now theres even stronger variants of zombie running amok (This changes EVERY single mission with zombies to have a higher chance if not always a chance for these things to spawn, theyre not just buffed zombies they have different specializations like runners, radioactive goo zombies, SUPER infectors, gas zombie and more...

- Later on you have another choice when you detect an abandoned space station filled with strange crimson chryssalids that lead to you teaming up briefly with MIB and MAGMA to erradicate a small outbreak of these extremely dangerous creatures. (They're BIG, they shoot ACID, some lay eggs! LOTS OF THEM!) If you helped the mad scientists earlier, your newly acquired tools will help you fight these ferocious creatures

- The final mission of this story arc has you fighting both of the new "Tempered" zombies and the crimson chryssalid variants in a space lab installation with MIB/MAGMA troops providing support

- The new chryssalids and some of the zombies share this semi regeneration feature that can only be stopped with fire, they cannot suffer fatal wounds unless you're using tracite or its next tier equivalent promethium (infernite, idk what it'll be called)

-Incendiary weaponry will do extra damage, but not stop the regeneration completely
-Tracite and better weaponry will do extra damage, stop the regeneration and also stop some of their special abilities from working (The Brood Mother's egg laying ability for example, as this will sterilize her)

I have the scripting portion done, and most of the assets are actually done as well its just writing the story, lore, and missions themselves, most of the enemies have some unique scripted abilities that were not previously possible so thats fun too!
If anyone gets sick of waiting I will just release all the art assets and everything I have if they wish  to finish or even make the missions themselves, the aliens and maps are already done I believe I will finish this fight myself, my will to work has returned  8)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 05:15:25 pm by 8mono »

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2023, 10:38:04 pm »
Heyo mono - you probably already know this, but I figured I'd post anyhow. I happened to grab the master branch from your github the other day, and noticed the nanorifle and haunted hotel mission are both missing some important tags. Notably proper descriptions, but also the nanorifle needs to have it's research dependencies fixed. Currently it shows up as STR_Nanorifle (along with it's ammunition) in the buy menu at the very start of a new campaign. I got confused bumbling around thinking the haunted hotel was something from the ghost-themed 2.7 XCF update, and spent like two hours trying to figure out why it was showing up as STR_HAUNTED_HOTEL (etc) a few months into my new 2.8 run.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2023, 11:57:39 pm »
Heyo mono - you probably already know this, but I figured I'd post anyhow. I happened to grab the master branch from your github the other day, and noticed the nanorifle and haunted hotel mission are both missing some important tags. Notably proper descriptions, but also the nanorifle needs to have it's research dependencies fixed. Currently it shows up as STR_Nanorifle (along with it's ammunition) in the buy menu at the very start of a new campaign. I got confused bumbling around thinking the haunted hotel was something from the ghost-themed 2.7 XCF update, and spent like two hours trying to figure out why it was showing up as STR_HAUNTED_HOTEL (etc) a few months into my new 2.8 run.

I forgot to take down that version, it's not meant to  be out for "normal" use it's more of a testing version, a proper one is being worked on so you'll have to stick with the one on mod.io, I need to polish some things for the new update I'll be pushing out soon so I can sync it with the one on github

Offline sirmik

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2023, 09:43:10 pm »

Does anyone know how this works with version 3.0?

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2023, 04:02:33 am »
Still works for me in 3.0.

Offline Aelhis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2023, 01:35:03 am »
Hey I know this works with 3.0 but my question is more is it not outdated now and might break new things added by Solarius? Also 8Mono anything we can do to help you with the modding?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 03:03:42 am by Aelhis »

Offline varajo411

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2023, 08:11:47 pm »
I love this submod as it adds more spice to the game. Here is some things to fix

- standard green muton showup strange with body missing just arms and legs.

- STR_muton_berserker_corpse and STR_muton_heavy_corpse need fixing in the item list so STR _ is not visible. 

- Motorbike shows up in game as a car when I am playing.

- The impact vest from berserker is empty in manefacturing menu in the list of categories

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2023, 12:11:39 pm »
By the way if anyone wants to use some of the "new" and new assets I've kitbashed/made or take parts of the mod or modify it you're more than welcome, I do not currently have the time to properly maintain this mod at the moment but I will be looking to fix some of the more egregious errors people  have been finding

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2023, 12:22:48 pm »
I love this submod as it adds more spice to the game. Here is some things to fix

- standard green muton showup strange with body missing just arms and legs.

For this go to XComFilesArsenalAdditions-master\Resources\Races_Compilation\MutonRace and delete MUTON.png if it exists, if not make sure no regular muton (the green ones) spritesheet is there

- Motorbike shows up in game as a car when I am playing.

This requires me to make actual vehicle graphics I believe, I do not know how to work with these sprites or if I can re-use the ones already ingame for bikes.

and lastly these two:

- STR_muton_berserker_corpse and STR_muton_heavy_corpse need fixing in the item list so STR _ is not visible. 

- The impact vest from berserker is empty in manefacturing menu in the list of categories

I'll make sure to fix that in the next update

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1c Anarchic Anachronism)
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2023, 12:07:34 pm »
hi  :)
0.8.1c
*Scripting:
Fixed shields not properly taking damage resistances that werent kinetic or incendiary, they will now properly attenuate damage and receive the proper damage as well as also have their durability reduced by the affected damage.
- Old shields when hit with 50 kinetic if they had 20 armor would properly send the damage to be calculated against your soldier as 30 but would reduce their durability by the full 50
- Old shields when hit with 100 plasma  if they had 20 armor would check damage type and if there were no plasma damage reductions it'd treat it as 0 therefore nullifying the damage
- New shields when hit with 50 kinetic still send the 30 damage to your soldiers armor but will now properly take off 30 durability instead of 50
- New shields when hit with 100 plasma if they had 20 armor will now check damage resistance, default to 100 if none is found and will continue the normal path of damage instead of nullifying it
Shields had their armor values slightly buffed:
- 10 for Riot (was 8 )
- 12 for Combat (was 10 )
- 14 for Alloy (was 12 )
- 20 for Assault (was 15 )
- 18 for Stormtrooper (was 15 )
Reduced amount of debug logs in some scripts
*Sprites:
Fixed malformed Muton sprites
*Strings:
Added missing strings for Muton Berserker and Heavy strings
*Manufacturing:
Added missing category for Impact Vest
*Commendations:
Fixed FG42 commendations
*Research:
Fixed self referencing BOps Smart Auto Shotty Tritanium ammo reqs
*Other:
Removed github patch (deprecated)

Still checking out some of the missing categories and will keep adding them in the next update

Offline YolosaurusRex

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2023, 03:32:54 pm »
Hello!
First of all, thank you for this mod :).

Secondly, when I tried activating it, I got a bunch of errors on load (see attached picture). I only have this mod & XCOM files enabled.
Did I do something wrong?

Also...I don't know how to un-enable it in order to get back into the game itself xD. How do I do that?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2023, 03:38:59 pm »
Also...I don't know how to un-enable it in order to get back into the game itself xD. How do I do that?

delete or move the mod in the filesystem

or edit options.cfg manually