aliens

Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51314 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8b Anarchic Anachronism)
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2022, 08:44:35 pm »
I understand this, I meant that mods are no longer compatible

OK, then it should be reported to the author of the submod (8mono?), not to SolariusScorch.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2022, 08:50:18 pm »
But it was? This is the thread for the submod, and the 'Hey' was addressed to 8mono, as I understand.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2022, 09:00:45 pm »
Hmm, yes, I guess it can be read that way too.

I read it like this (comma after SolariusScorch):
"Hey SolariusScorch, updated X-Files on GitHub and now your mod is throwing errors on launch"

Should have read it like this probably (comma after Hey)
"Hey, SolariusScorch updated X-Files on GitHub and now your mod is throwing errors on launch"

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2022, 09:37:13 am »
Hey SolariusScorch updated X-Files on GitHub and now your mod is throwing errors on launch
In the "scriptsXCFA.rul" file, replace the lines "STR_SECTOPOD_ARMOR2" with "STR_SECTOPOD_LASER_ARMOR" and "STR_SECTOPOD_ARMOR3" with "STR_SECTOPOD_PLASMA_ARMOR". That should help.
However, this change will cause the same error in those who play an older version of XCF.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2022, 01:15:59 pm »
I'm currently adding the last content to the mod, it is currently very out of date so my objectives in the next few days are as follows:
1) Update mod to make sure it works with XCF (it seemed to work some weeks ago, I'm not sure if Solarius has changed anything recently)
2) Merge the "Worskhop" content with the main branch (This is the Metalloid, Chryssalid and Zombie expansion)
3) Make sure the merge didn't break anything! (Currently I've correctly merged the two branches and the scripting part seems to be working which means the hardest part is done for this)
4) Integrate the new content into the campaign + making sure it works!

After this I'm not going to add anything else so this might be some sort of "final" official release, anything else after this will be making sure it keeps working and squashing bugs/organizing the files
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:19:36 pm by 8mono »

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2022, 12:12:00 pm »
I'm so happy this mod hasn't been abandoned!

On a really odd note, I've been running this mod on XCF 2.5 for quite some time now and haven't had any crashes, startup errors, etc. The only thing I've encountered is a single armor item had a messed up name, but that hasn't actually impacted my game as far as I can tell. I wonder if there is something odd about my setup. I will say that I haven't gotten into the late game and am playing with a few other adjacent mods, so it's entirely possible I'll encounter some game-breaking bugs later on.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2022, 11:43:32 am »
I'm currently adding the last content to the mod, it is currently very out of date so my objectives in the next few days are as follows:
1) Update mod to make sure it works with XCF (it seemed to work some weeks ago, I'm not sure if Solarius has changed anything recently)
2) Merge the "Worskhop" content with the main branch (This is the Metalloid, Chryssalid and Zombie expansion)
3) Make sure the merge didn't break anything! (Currently I've correctly merged the two branches and the scripting part seems to be working which means the hardest part is done for this)
4) Integrate the new content into the campaign + making sure it works!

After this I'm not going to add anything else so this might be some sort of "final" official release, anything else after this will be making sure it keeps working and squashing bugs/organizing the files

For the convenience of translators, please remember to move the text strings from scripts at "battle_game.flashMessage" to "extraStrings" file. And from the "objectiveComplete" in the "alienDeploymentsXCFA.rul" file.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:45:24 am by Kozinsky »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2022, 04:53:21 pm »
For the convenience of translators, please remember to move the text strings from scripts at "battle_game.flashMessage" to "extraStrings" file. And from the "objectiveComplete" in the "alienDeploymentsXCFA.rul" file.

just to know if im understanding correctly ( I uploaded two pictures below to illustrate)

the string in scripts STR_TARGET_IS_BLOODCLOT should be defined in extraStrings like this ? and the objectives something along the lines of
objectiveComplete: [STR_WAREHOUSE_OBJECTIVE_COMPLETE, 500] while the extraStrings has STR_WAREHOUSE_OBJECTIVE_COMPLETE: "WAREHOUSE RAIDED"?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:57:20 pm by 8mono »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2022, 04:56:27 pm »
I'm so happy this mod hasn't been abandoned!

On a really odd note, I've been running this mod on XCF 2.5 for quite some time now and haven't had any crashes, startup errors, etc. The only thing I've encountered is a single armor item had a messed up name, but that hasn't actually impacted my game as far as I can tell. I wonder if there is something odd about my setup. I will say that I haven't gotten into the late game and am playing with a few other adjacent mods, so it's entirely possible I'll encounter some game-breaking bugs later on.

glad to hear, from what I've seen its stuff like armor changes and script changes that will break the submod but if I catch them they're very easy to fix (most of the time)
What I can't do and the reason why I split it into two releases is having the github version work with the stable release, sometimes theres big changes to systems that won't allow it

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2022, 05:47:07 pm »
just to know if im understanding correctly ( I uploaded two pictures below to illustrate)

the string in scripts STR_TARGET_IS_BLOODCLOT should be defined in extraStrings like this ? and the objectives something along the lines of
objectiveComplete: [STR_WAREHOUSE_OBJECTIVE_COMPLETE, 500] while the extraStrings has STR_WAREHOUSE_OBJECTIVE_COMPLETE: "WAREHOUSE RAIDED"?

Yes, that's right. You have to move all the messages that are visible to the player to the "extraStrings" section.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2022, 06:07:15 pm »
Yes, that's right. You have to move all the messages that are visible to the player to the "extraStrings" section.
thank you! I'll see if theres any other stray strings lying around and move them to extraStrings

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2022, 04:45:26 am »
Any idea when we might get that update? I'm tempted to hold off playing 2.6 until this is ready. (I simply cannot live without my anti-tank rifles!)

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2022, 05:39:40 pm »
Any idea when we might get that update? I'm tempted to hold off playing 2.6 until this is ready. (I simply cannot live without my anti-tank rifles!)

Unfortunately not really since I plan to make this the last major update (And im also very busy with other stuff, expect it before the end of the year I think???) or at least have 0.9 then 1.0  buuuut I haven't found any issues with my install, im actually playing just fine if you have any major bugs please let me know because I can prioritize bug fixing for the current version if its a major crash

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2022, 08:51:16 pm »
Unfortunately not really since I plan to make this the last major update (And im also very busy with other stuff, expect it before the end of the year I think???) or at least have 0.9 then 1.0  buuuut I haven't found any issues with my install, im actually playing just fine if you have any major bugs please let me know because I can prioritize bug fixing for the current version if its a major crash
Error in the file "missionScriptXCFA.rul" in "type: CultConvoyLargeBlackLotus4" - here is a region (REGION_BLACK_LOTUS_CONVOYS_LARGE) that does not exist in the file "regionsXCFA.rul". You just forgot to specify the anchor in "regionWeights: *BlackLotusRegions".

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2022, 12:38:27 am »
Error in the file "missionScriptXCFA.rul" in "type: CultConvoyLargeBlackLotus4" - here is a region (REGION_BLACK_LOTUS_CONVOYS_LARGE) that does not exist in the file "regionsXCFA.rul". You just forgot to specify the anchor in "regionWeights: *BlackLotusRegions".

This must be pretty old  :'( you're right, I had the wrong anchor.
RegionsXCFA should not exist either at this point but I havent migrated the Madman missions to this system.

I've updated modio's and the forums file versions to include the fix now
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 01:04:42 am by 8mono »