Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51371 times)

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.9 REDACTED)
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2022, 03:09:37 am »
No, missions don't stop one another... Unless you specifically made it so.

oh they don't stop others from spawning if there's too many? guess that only leaves bad rng as the culprit

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.9 REDACTED)
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2022, 03:13:58 pm »
Does Exalt have a new chain, compared to the base mod?
For every other cult I have the Apprehension -> safehouse -> outpost chain, but none of these spawn for Exalt. I need a brainer to unlock "Exalt Operations", and I need that to unlock the HQ, and that is where the brainer is. Did I miss something?

I think I know whats up, the brainer WILL automatically unlock operations if you were to interrogate it but the normal path is through unlocking one of the EXALT Operations prerequisite (Enforcer or Master) AND Psiclone

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8 Anarchic Anachronism)
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2022, 10:46:10 pm »
0.8 is out!

0.8 Anarchic Anachronism

Changed aiming formula for Blackops Scout Rifle and added auto firing mode (2 shots)
Added a snap shot for the NSV Machinegun
Added Accurized FN FAL
Added M-21 Rifle
Added VSSK Sniper Rifle
Added RSh-12 Revolver
Added ShAK-12 Rifle
Added M16 Beowulf
VSSK, RSH-12, M16 Beowulf and SHAK-12 can fire two type of rounds:
1) Heavier subsonic ammo designed for controlled penetration and maximum damage against soft targets
2) Lighter armor piercing ammo designed for heavily armored targets
Added milestones for attacking each manor tier and all the cult versions of that tier (They do nothing for now)
All Greater Manor assaults and above now have some of the new weapons and convoy cultists (as well as some of the appropiate cult weapons from this submod)
Greatest Manor assaults have 1 new elite cultist, theyre pretty dangerous so be careful!
Additionally all cult manors will now give Weapon Boxes (Regular, Reinforced for Normal and Greater Manors) Greatest Manors give Illegal Requisition Files for their cult
Red Dawn and Dagon Medium Convoys and Up have some of the new weapons recently added as well
Added 1 Tier 2 cultist in each of the Warehouses where they were missing(Witch, Chosen, and Sailor respectively)
Added DMR Category, Commendation (Scout) and Ufopaedia article
Fixed Sturmpistole Gas Grenade clipsize (was 0 , whoops)
Fixed missing string for clearing all Warehouse Raids
Added some TU damage to Nitro Express
Fixed missing EMP explosion effect for the Tactical Grenade Launcher
Both SKS and QBU now have firing accuracy scaling, stats adjusted to compensate
Fixed duplicate ammo box project
Now clearing all the warehouses and convoys at each tier wont give you all the leads at once, instead some are obtained at a very low chance from boxes as well as manor assaults
All Cult manors additionally have extra loot in them, which can contain Black Market leads or other items (Regardless of tier)
Cruise Liner now has destructible floor on the first and top floors, and the engines explode a bit...more
All cultists carrying Sturmpistoles now have a combat knife and have had their ammo doubled, Elite and Warehouse Boss have had it tripled instead and carry gas ammo for it as well (They literally only had 2 grenades before, now it should be 4 and 6 respectively)
Added LWP Riot Taser Overvolted Clip, made the same way the other Overvolted clips
All Overvolted clips now give more per corpse! (1 muckstar corpse = 2 Riot Taser or 3 Muckstar cannon or 5 Cyber taser overvolted clips rather than 1:1 ratio)
Adjusted H&K-51's stats
Adjusted H&K MP5K's stats and removed MPK clips altogether, HKMP5 and MP5K now use the same clips
Removed Scaling accuracy formulas for MP5K, HK51, Raging Kludge, BlackOps Executioner
Change sound for Grenade throwing and melee?
Fixed wrong death noises for some units
Adjusted Rat and Dog bites/barks to scale with 10% and 15% bravery as well as adjusted stats to compensate a bit
Removed MPK Clip
Slightly toned back damage for Laser Cannons
Fixed missing Tracite Rocket Ufopaedia entry
Removed Gilldog Gene Therapy for rats
Added Buckshot and Tritanium Buckshot for Assault Cannon
Added HP and AP ammo for MK23 Socom, Colt 45 and Desert Eagle
Added slight stun damage to Slugs
Added articles for Hollow point and Slugs
Added DMR Article
Added some more nameAsAmmo entries to the different ammo types (FMJ, AP, BS)
Added Tracite Rocket ufopaedia
Rats no longer can access Gilldog Gene therapy
Added "Buckshot" type ammo to Assault Cannon (Regular and Tritanium)
Added HP and AP ammo for Colt .45, Desert Eagle and MK23 Socom
Added DMR and Hollow point articles
Added a bit of stun to Slugs
Fixed Riot Vest requiring STR_NIGHTOPS and Colt .45/Blackops Scoped revolver buy crash
New units that show up in manors should be capturable now
Adjusted stats and nameAsAmmo for weapons
Galil ARM and RPK added
Experimenting with sprites changing based on ammo equipped/other effects
RPK Now changes (bigob,handob and floorob) if the following happen (EMPTY, RPK Clip, RPK Drum equipped)
Razor Shotgun (bigob only) when equipping Tracite infused shards
Shield sprites now change depending on their primed state or if they're broken (Bigob, Floorob AND Handobs!)
Added missing Mini Mortar Gas Shell bundle article
Added extra page to Mini Mortar's ufopaedia
Retouched some of the old sprites for Convoy cultists
Added strings to elite cultists
Added proper combat analysis and ufopaedia article to elite cultists
Added proper repair/armor extraction for Heavy Riot and Prototype Tactical Suits

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2022, 07:24:15 pm »
So much content and not enough time to play with it....
Time to i guess, post what i think of this submod, you made commendable work, but there could be some polish in certain areas.

The one thing i for sure use are the new armors in this mod, the armor staging in baseline XCOM Files is too harsh given you jump from kevlar vest, which can sometimes stop really low caliber rounds but otherwise is a pretty much just better than nothing to blast padded vests that renders shotguns and pistols almost harmless to your troops unless they roll for high damage and the next step up is outright bulletproof armor unless you are getting hit by armor piercing projectiles or high caliber rounds.

Armoured cars are great, also fits the massive gap of XCOM tank troops because it takes a long time before you get tanks and by the time you get tanks, you had to take out a cult already given that is the situation where they would be the most useful.

Optional off hand shield that isnt glued to your soldier is way better alternative to the baseline version, albeit i didnt actually found it that useful as i expected, mainly because having blackops rifle that can hit enemies halfway across the map is just way too strong to pass up and good pistols come way too late for this shield to be relevant. And enemies simply not breathing my air is plain out better option than shielding up. This off hand weapon does open up some playstyles but requires alot of TU to mine every ounce of usability (Like carrying it with shotgunner, pulling it, shielding up and brace for impact while you close the gap), but this competes with the fact that high TU troops are better used elsewhere. It also requires considerable strenght which means most likely Dawns bio upgrades so you can actually have a two handed weapon, shield, some medispray and few shells on one soldier so he is usable beyond turn 3.

So many new weapons like the anti tank rifle feel redundant by the time i can actually buy them, they would be REALLY useful against Armoured Cars of Red Dawn which happens to be the first cult for me to defeat (They have the least bullshit around them, i progress Red Dawn -> Black Lotus -> Exalt -> Church of Dagon)

I kinda laughed that i got some kind of rocket launcher, carl gustav something something for finishing the Church of Dagon, mission that got cleared with a laser tank, miniguns, rocket launchers and auto sniper rifles, kinda late ?

Gas Grenade and Gas Mines are a good gear, albeit i found it rather really inconsistent if it kills or just knocks people unconcious, but i like it over standard mines and grenades when i dont want to destroy enviroment like staircases and the blast radius is quite large.

So many weapons added by this mod could have been more accessible, here is the problem, pretty much most weapons added by this mod cannot compete with BlackOps weapons, who hit more accurately, generally have good damage, some minor armor penetration ability and mainly, excelent range, the most basic Blackops Rifle is like THE most used weapon, obscene range, accuracy and kills most humanoids in 1-2 and can even dent armored enemies.

And its quite a problem given Blackops weapons are unlocked w Military Envoy recruitment, which can be actually quite early, way more quickly before you could access these weapons. And even then, i just realized i should just stick to hunting rifle (given it has map wide range and kills most humanoids in 1-2 hits, very cheap ammo), regular shotgun (Which can shoot multitude ammo types and be pretty effective at most ranged fights, i do like flechets, kinda wish i could have buy more of them to actually use them beyond 1 mission against Red Dawns manor where it raked quite the bodycount.
And by the time i could, everyone was walking around with Blackops rifles and shotguns pretty much took a backseat outside creature/zombie hunts.

Things like AA12 are sort of overkill, the standard shotgun does the same work at beter range and i find this quite the deal when it comes to fighting creatures.  And i cannot remember if there are enemies in this mod that actually are 1) Have massive HP 2) Dont have fuckton of armor 3) Dont have some sort of reaction attack that can instantly kills your soldier
Like, if there was like a creature, that has no armor, but really high HP... then automatic shotguns would be straight up better given you could nuke it when it gets close.

But the biggest "why even use the other weapons" is the freaking MP5, yes i am not kidding, this accurate, people shredding SMG and accessible EXTREMELY early on, way before you get actual cult weapons pretty much makes most weapons redunant, before Military Envoy recruitment, the only weapons i need to round up cultist officers are hunting rifles, Mp5 and shotguns, i literally dont need anything else (Well if i skip non weapons like stun weapons, tear gas, smoke screen etc...). Like i am looking at kalashnikov and MP5 and comparing its stats, yes kalashnikov has better ammo type that will do more damage to armoured enemies, but here is a thing... there arent many enemies in the early game with armor where such difference would mean anything, just double tap them 6 times and they will be riddled with so many bullets it didnt matter that they got hit for 8 HP x 6.

Look, i guess what people encounter and how they progress will change from person to person so dont take what i say as some sort of ironclad facts. I do have actually few ideas to improve these problems.

- Make MP5 locked as a cult weapon, Dagon Cult, this gun is way too good for how early you get it and this submachineguns competes with actual assault rifles.
- Make an anti tank rifle be purchasable once you finish integoriating Red Dawn Coordinator so you have 100% chance to actually put it to use and its probably also the only time you will use it to be frank, given explosive weapons will surpass these clunky WW2 weapons because they hit for 4x times each attack. And against individuals, you will have the much more useful MAGMA cannons or simply the Blackops Rifles. Hell the Armoured Cars can actually be damaged with regular blackops sniper rifles and if you happen to get Berret Sniper Rifles, then they are in for bad time too. And by the time i get to assault Red Dawns HQ i usually just have blackops weapons and some scrounged up explosives and incendiaries to take out the armoured cars outside.
- Increase the cost of all Blackops weapons or decrease the cost of the weapons you made, looking at the list i notice that KS 23 cost whoopin 12k to buy while a Blackops Weapon costs 4500, despite Blackops shotgun being much better weapon at killing enemies KS 23 might be able to fire different ammo but by the time of Promo 2 its super likely you wont even need that.

Offline Praevasc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2022, 10:25:18 pm »
While blackops rifles are good and I use a couple of them, they aren't superior in every way. Their biggest disadvantage is that their damage doesn't benefit from skill. 30 damage isn't bad, but for many better armored humans I roll zero damage all too often. By the time I can field them, I use them for a couple of my good-but-not-great guys. The beginners get the 130-140 accuracy guns to train with otherwise they would miss all too often, the elites get guns with good damage scaling so that every hit guarantees a penetration (and often, a kill), and a few in the middle get blackops rifles to cover the rest with the quick and accurate snap shots. Tritanium ammo will improve the damage, but it comes only later, and even by then many +0.2/skill guns out-damage them (+20 extra damage for a 100 accuracy guy is better than the flat +10 for the tritanium ammo).

The mp5 sounds nice, but I found that I don't tend to use it much. Not bad stats, but at the time of the game it's common, I usually need something more specialized. Either for accuracy, or for damage. And the damage is just too low, gets often defeated by almost any armored enemy.

The only gun category I never found a use for, is the pistols equipped with stocks and scopes and other gadgets. Far too big of a speed penalty for the small accuracy gain, I'd better use a rifle if I need that accuracy or range boost.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2022, 02:52:20 am »
What's wrong?

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2022, 12:27:10 pm »
What's wrong?

Turn the lazy loading option on and this will will fix it temporarily, I've issued a more permanent fix in the github version I am very busy at the moment so I can't update the official version, its not too different anyways it has some extra fixes and thats it
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:31:16 pm by 8mono »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2022, 12:54:17 pm »
To both Mrvex and Praevasc

I haven't ignored both of your replies, but I've been extremely busy lately. I do have some plans to address some of the concerns and it was something that was part of the next versions. I want to address each point individually in a better fashion since almost all of these are actually things I want to change.

I don't like the state of stock and bipod versions of weapons at the moment either and I might need to implement them better through either smarter stats or scripting

The Mp5 is good because the aimed shot has range to it and you can double tap at close range, but unless you're playing on the easiest difficulty the armor will reduce your damage output by a lot, rifles will outrange and be able to perform much better against armored cultists, like Pravasc said you often need more specialized weapons.

To really make things super short I want to make BlackOps Weapons unlock somewhere around ALMOST Promo 3 or make a Promo 4. Money is not a constraint for me and I really dislike how at some point I just use the non black ops weapons because of flavor and fun, they definitely need to be either more expensive or unlock more progressively the same way the cult weapons do.

Auto shotguns are not an instant win, up close sure they can pretty much decimate anything if its not armored. But try using it against an armored unit or at further distances and you will struggle. They also can't use non lethal ammo and only the BoOps auto shotgun can keep using tritanium, neither the AA12 or the USAS-12 can use trit ammo. KS12M can also use some exotic ammunition thats non lethal. I've actually struggled to use the AA12 or USAS-12 outside of monster fights, and even things like spikeboars are not that straightforward since they can outrange you and have some armor. UAC Shotgun is also pretty strong, and works better against armor. What I suspect might have happened is the shotgun mechanic change I did might have given them more power than they should, I know exotic ammo like Dragonbreath and Frag-12 is still unbalanced which can add more to that power creep

These weapons are also alternatives to just using auto shotguns:
The RPK and Galil-ARM are high capacity and very manageable weapons against monsters while being lighter than machine guns like the PKM or Minimi
You can also just literally use miniguns if the PKM and other machine guns are not cutting it
M16 Beowulf/Grendel and Shak-12 (and the Rsh-12 to some extent) are more versatile and sacrifice capacity for power, use the heavier subsonic ammo against monsters or the AP against harder targets. While they do have shorter range than rifles and not that much range than shotguns they do not lose power over distance unlike shotguns.
The Kludge has better ammo capacity and its more powerful cousins are also amazing at a secondary that can stop monsters on its track if not outright kill them
VSSK is like a mix between a VSS and a Nitro Express, absolutely adequate against monsters and hard targets alike.

Against chryssalids you DO NOT want to use an auto shotgun ,let alone against uber chryssalids or the new uber chryssalid variants im making, you want the range and stopping power at a distance.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 01:07:14 pm by 8mono »

Offline Praevasc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2022, 12:42:41 pm »
I haven't ignored both of your replies, but I've been extremely busy lately.

Hey, I appreciate your work and dedication, you don't have to feel bad about being slow, you don't owe us anything ;)
BTW my point was that I liked the current balance in the weapons, and except for the pistol attachments, there is a use for basically almost any weapon. Maybe some of the earliest pistols are superfluous because they are very similar to each other, but they add flavor.

One thing comes to my mind which I almost forgot: there seems to be an inconsistency in which types of firearms are concealable. I thought the spypistol should be concealable but it isn't, yet there are some bigger ones which are concealable.

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8b Anarchic Anachronism)
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2022, 11:41:56 am »
I've been using this alongside a mod that starts the game two years earlier, and it's been a ton of fun exploring various strategies with low-tech weaponry before the big invasion. The higher-accuracy shotguns are a total game changer.

I did have one thing I noticed which may be a bug. There is a WP 7.62 extended magazine which is listed under the AKM, but which is not in fact compatible with it. (I can't remember the exact name, but it has a wider curved graphic.)

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2022, 02:01:53 pm »
I've been using this alongside a mod that starts the game two years earlier, and it's been a ton of fun exploring various strategies with low-tech weaponry before the big invasion. The higher-accuracy shotguns are a total game changer.

I did have one thing I noticed which may be a bug. There is a WP 7.62 extended magazine which is listed under the AKM, but which is not in fact compatible with it. (I can't remember the exact name, but it has a wider curved graphic.)

Glad you're enjoying it! I believe the 7.62 extended might be RPK only but I don't see why it shouldn't also work with the AKM/AK-47.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2022, 02:03:38 pm »
I will be doing some maintenance to make sure the mod is 100% compatible with the current XCF, don't expect a lot of changes since i've gotten a bit rusty at this whole modding business... maybe a few fixes here and there

Offline Bloodvoin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2022, 08:03:24 pm »
Hey SolariusScorch updated X-Files on GitHub and now your mod is throwing errors on launch

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2022, 08:18:06 pm »
Hey SolariusScorch updated X-Files on GitHub and now your mod is throwing errors on launch

X-Files is not throwing any errors.
It works fine.

Issue is with the Xcom Files Arsenal Additions submod; it's not compatible with the newest X-Files.

Offline Bloodvoin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2022, 08:38:18 pm »
X-Files is not throwing any errors.
It works fine.

Issue is with the Xcom Files Arsenal Additions submod; it's not compatible with the newest X-Files.
I understand this, I meant that mods are no longer compatible