Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51263 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.5.9a The Big Boys)
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2021, 01:22:55 pm »
I have to say, your dedication is commendable. I'm torn between giving this mod a quick spin, or wait until you reach 1.0 or more to start a new (and hopefully last already) campaign with this mod enabled.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 09:19:23 pm »
Hey
Just wanted to ask how to use it? Should I unpack it into separate folder in mods folder or to xcomfiles mod folder?

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2021, 11:57:32 pm »
Hey
Just wanted to ask how to use it? Should I unpack it into separate folder in mods folder or to xcomfiles mod folder?

Unpack it in a different folder, treat it as if it was another mod, it just happens to be compatible with the xcomfiles

I have to say, your dedication is commendable. I'm torn between giving this mod a quick spin, or wait until you reach 1.0 or more to start a new (and hopefully last already) campaign with this mod enabled.

thanks! I try :), I have some ideas for the next update but I don't think I'll be updating any time soon, I'm getting a job (hopefuly) sometime this week so my time to work on this will be less, I'm not quitting! just might take longer to make additions to the mod

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2021, 12:01:38 am »
ALready figured it out by trying but thank you very much! :)

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 08:30:09 pm »
Am I correct in assuming one would have to start a new game to use this?

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 10:47:36 pm »
Am I correct in assuming one would have to start a new game to use this?

You should start a new game preferably, since a lot of the content focuses on early game, I have very few additions to the mid and late game as of now. You CAN do it, I don't think it would crash but you would miss out on A LOT of the early game content I added

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.5.9b The Big Boys)
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2021, 04:07:16 am »
Progress is going smooth  :) coming soon is Update 0.6 Another Brick in the Wall
- Introducing Cult Convoy Ambushes as well as two units for each cult the Logistics Crewmate and Logistics Officer (Red Dawn only for this release)
- These ambush missions don't have the units necessary to keep progressing the story, just the convoy progression itself, they're optional and will not give you any penalties for aborting
- Added Cult specific Ramshackle, Weapon Boxes and Reinforced Weapon boxes as well as Ammo boxes (Red Dawn done)
- Cult Operations unlocks small convoys, Logistics Crewmates unlock medium convoys, Officers unlock large convoys and large convoys unlock warehouse raids (the origin of the convoys) (subject to change, Red Dawn units done)
Every time you unlock the next tier you can research a project that will prevent any further lower tier missions from spawning (So if you do Mediums you unlock the ability to stop Smalls from spawning again)
(Small ,Medium and Large Convoys done! missing Warehouse Assault)
- New weapons:
- AA12 shotgun
- APS Machine Pistol (can use a stock)
- Mauser Full Auto (can use a stock)
- HKMP5K (Not done)
- Scoped Magnum
- BlackOps Precision Magnum (both scoped magnum and precision magnum can use bipods)

- Reward from clearing the warehouse
Spoiler:
(still debating whether to give this or a regular heavy tactical suit)
Prototype Tactical Suit, worse stats and heavier but will provide the best defense before Promo 3, and you can upgrade this suit into the regular Heavy Tactical Suit with no durathread cost, just money
You need to take down 'The Brick' without killing him to gain access to his prototype armor, otherwise it will self-destruct when you kill him, consider him a mini boss

Plus some fixes I already migrated from 0.6 to 0.5.9b since its going to take a bit more before I can finish this and I'd rather have these small fixes ready since they don't need anything

- Future: Riot/Non-Lethal/Utility Boxes which contain loot related to tear gas or riot equipment/flare ammo etc, the principle behind the cult specific boxes and these is to unbloat the existing crates which mess up the chances to get stuff you want
- Future: Add a chance to get ambushed by reinforcements during the convoys if you take your sweet time
- Future: Warehouse raids for cults (more or less like clinics for hybrids, between a safehouse/hideout and a base in terms of difficulty, but you won't find progression for story here, just extra loot/ weapons specifically)

Here's a few pictures from the missions as well as the Logistics Crewmate for Red Dawn
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:59:59 pm by 8mono »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2021, 10:36:53 am »
You should consider asking Solarius about integrating this mod into the "main one". These new missions sound a bit redundant IMO, cult houses are already very difficult before getting something better than the helicopter, and these ones sound like they'll be tougher.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2021, 11:45:25 am »
You should consider asking Solarius about integrating this mod into the "main one". These new missions sound a bit redundant IMO, cult houses are already very difficult before getting something better than the helicopter, and these ones sound like they'll be tougher.

I balanced them around them being optional and you do have some extra gear available that isn't in vanilla XCF like the Riot Vest and Tear gas (which stacks with flashbangs when you get those)
I personally believe I gave enough tools for the player to be able to fight through these missions, and from what I've playtested Small to Medium convoys are fine, Warehouses I'm not done coding them in but they're essentially the same as large Convoys with better cover and one extra special unit

The point you mention about tediousness is something I can't really deny, and again is why I made them entirely optional, they will only net you extra points and extra loot if you do them and nothing bad happens if you don't  :) they only unlock after Operations and an extra research after that, I'm not of the mindset to want to make things stupidly hard, a bit of challenge is always fun but I don't want to overdo it, if I see that it gets too hard I'll make them easier or find another way to adapt them without being overly disruptive

In any case, the missions are not yet in the mod and I'll probably release them a cult a time so I can better balance them, Red Dawn is almost done

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2021, 05:06:04 pm »
You should start a new game preferably, since a lot of the content focuses on early game, I have very few additions to the mid and late game as of now. You CAN do it, I don't think it would crash but you would miss out on A LOT of the early game content I added

Does this mod require starting a new game for sure, or would it be fine to load a save right at the start of the campaign? I keep one of the latter just in case, and it would work better IMO.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2021, 08:25:55 pm »
Does this mod require starting a new game for sure, or would it be fine to load a save right at the start of the campaign? I keep one of the latter just in case, and it would work better IMO.
As of now Im 99 percent sure you can use that save, it might be an issue later if I add events or very early changes

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.6.0 The Wall)
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2021, 11:56:01 pm »
0.6.0 is out!
0.6.0 The Wall
Notice: This might be the first update where saves might not be entirely compatible, items in question changed:
Super Illegal Requisition Files, I'd recommend you start a new campaign anyways since most content is early game

- Added Red Dawn Convoys (Small, Medium , Large) and the final Warehouse Assault unlocked after all 3 are done
- Added Scoped Magnum and BlackOps Precision Magnum (Both have a Bipod attachment option)
- Added Assault Auto-12 shotgun, lighter than the USAS-12 but a bit harder to handle
- Added Mauser Schnellfeuer, full auto capable Mauser as well as a Mauser big clip (Can use a stock)
- Added Stenchkin Automatic Pistol and a big clip for both it and the Makarov (Can use a stock)
- Added new maps for the Convoys/Warehouse missions
- Added Illegal Requisition Files for Red Dawn
- Changed AN-94's name
- Fixed typos for Stock versions of Machine Pistols
- Added Prototype Heavy Tactical Suit (Heavier and bulkier version of the Tactical Suit, slightly less defense but attainable before Promo 3)
- Added Impact Vest scripted item (50% or less damage reduction when physical attacks are closer than 5 tiles from you)
- Updated Ammo and Weapon boxes loot to have the new weapons from this submod
- Added Red Dawn Ammo, Ramshackle, Normal and Reinforced Weapon boxes

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 05:13:15 pm »
Quite fun additions, but I believe some are overlapping with the newest updates of the main mod. There's already a night-ops camo suit, and improved ammo meant for the taser IIRC.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2021, 08:49:27 pm »
Quite fun additions, but I believe some are overlapping with the newest updates of the main mod. There's already a night-ops camo suit, and improved ammo meant for the taser IIRC.

Scorch added them after I did so I need to remove them if they are redundant, Im still going through a campaign playthrough atm and planning to change and fix things I missed, they are in my list of things I want to change though, or remove altogether if they're very similar

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2021, 01:28:47 am »
An interesting addition to the mod. I have a suggestion for the general development of your mod.
How about mobile weapon platforms from xcom 2012 (S.H.I.V.).
I already said something about it in a separate thread (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9289.0.html)
In xcom 2012 S.H.I.V. is analogous to tanks, only instead of 4 cells they take 1.

In essence, it is a mini-tanks, which can be without harm to the main squad to swallow and deal damage, as well as scout the area.
The game already has everything to implement the idea. Drone scout is essentially already a S.H.I.V. All you need to do is change the armament and play with the armor settings.

In my game, I changed the shotgun to a machine gun m-60, as well as slightly increased the frontal armor. It turned out a kind of assault version of the mini tank. After I went into lasers and alloys I once again tightened the characteristics to those of the analogues.

Of course, the armor characteristics should be less than those of full-fledged tanks. Compared to full tanks, the S.H.I.V. has an order of magnitude less armor, but they can be placed in greater numbers. And they are also able to storm rooms with the squad.

Spoiler: