aliens

Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSIGMA  (Read 103827 times)

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSIGMA
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2022, 07:16:55 pm »
Good evening.

I found a song from Darktide that I think could serve as Battlescape music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5gPRWYC-As&t=112s&ab_channel=SolAstravir

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2022, 07:22:38 pm »
the latest Updates are really FUN, got a Eldar Seer in my Arbites squad, the new Space Hulk maps are really fun
using my own "updates" have penitent's that made to all the way to Judge LOL + I give my Arbites and ING Troopers (from GSC missions) personal shield+bionics

Fletchette gun is still a beast...I had mission when I put down CSM with it (using keler ammo), and the combi: Eldar mirrorswod/big choppa +  Fletchette gun is like WOW..plasma gun, boltpistol, inferno gun...no no Fllechette gun is the best single hand weapon by far

off course early in the game it was the L. Autostubber that I used a lot, which opens the question...now based on what we saw from Darktide...what we dont have in 40k + Rosigma is: mastercrafted stubber pistol (OK we have the GSC Autostubber and the Fletchette gun) and a dual wielding Stun rod and Ogryn Grenadier Gauntlet and a Krieg type assault shotgun...any plans for those? 

Also after the Eldar expansion (still in the game did not get to have them) any plans for Dark Eldar? Tau? Joakerro (LOL would love some digi weapons) or more Nids? because Chaos is now quite lustrous so are the Orcs and Eldar and GSC (ok Magos or big Papa patriach are missing) so those factions are missing...or the work goes in direction to add more Guardsman regiment? (Catachan could be easy) or  finish the Deathwatch and maybe do Mechanicus?

Offline DevFried

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2022, 05:48:44 am »

Saw damage display like this on Beagle's stream of this addon, is it some kind of mod or an option?

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2022, 01:31:41 pm »
That is one of Filips extra mods, you can download it on the discord in the #other-mods channel (along with other essential mods, such as the Sentinel Honk ability).

Working on the next small update that will fix some bugs (ammo for the lascutter) + rosigmafy the eldar statlines and give their transport more soldier slots + even more new maps.

Next big update will probably have the Nurgle tank, some GSC hybrids etc. Other potential avenues of expansion is the Eldar roster (2 easily added aspect warrior types, like Rangers), more necromudna style gangs, GSC Hybrids/player path etc. Some people have been working on some Mechanicus stuff, but such sprites are quite difficult to make (weapons we have some sprites made for, and could potentially show up in the trade depot earlier than any Mechanicus update).

Bulletdesigner has mentioned the Dark Eldar as a potential future focus before. The Dark Eldar snakebros are an easy addition.

Then we have more Chaos god flavored cults and traitor guard (Slaanesh, Nurgle).

we are currently a bit swamped with other work though, so it might be a while before we tackle something huge.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2022, 06:06:01 pm »
Dear Leftair, 

that's all sounds great, if you have other commitments then no worries...we still make more progress then the others!

and yes start with the easy ones (adding new weapons, creating new characters based on existing ones) then try to create completely new things like Mechanicus or Tau or etc.

never less, the most important thig is...that even the mod is expanding its always balanced ...something X-com files can only dream

Offline GrooveCrusader

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2022, 01:21:21 pm »
Hello! Long time lurker here, really enjoying the mod and the addon, its really fantastic and discovering and learning how all the new added mechanics in it is a ton of fun, as well as how less strong troops can be assisted with Heavy weapons equipment, the imperial guard have certainly been done justice in this mod along with the sisters of battle, great stuff! ;D

Anyways I've wanted to ask a few question, dunno if this is the exact right place to ask em but I tend to play ALOT OF Imperial Guard, and most of the time I tend to get somewhat lost and confused with the tech tree and what needs to be unlocked for certain techs etc. Do bare with me for I'm likely going to sound like an outright caveman with how silly some of these questions might sound.

For starters, what tech unlocks manstopper bullets for the stubber weapons specifically? They are immensely useful for dealing with the surprise Chaos Marine or heavily armored enemy and I don't really recall what tech is needed to be able to purchase them, same with Longlas's and the more powerful stuff, I think you had to get the mid-tier regiments researched but I sometimes don't get em till I research something else?

Secondly how do you get the other types of Psykers such as biomancers and the mind control ones? The one that uses thunderclap is excellent for capturing dudes but I'd like to play around with the other types. Also what is the vox flak armour supposed to do? Do you need to research airstrikes to properly use it? Also can the Mind control Psykers mind probe enemies so I know what rank they are?

Third, what are some good ways to make more money other than performing well in missions? I'm aware of the outpost plasma generators and they certainly help, though I still often make the mistake of not making a 2nd base sooner to manage multiple missions at once (since its quite expensive along with getting all the needed manpower and supplies to properly kick-start it) and It really bites me in the arse whenever my slow Chimera's are returning from a mission only for a mission with a whooping -1000 score penalty to rear its ugly head in the picture. Is it better to have the Valkyrie just act as an interceptor along with one of your starting ones or am I simply missing something very obvious?  ???
I can often pull through a tough month though not getting the -1000 score would be better haha.

Cheers! And keep up the excellent work!

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2022, 03:18:34 pm »
So I managed to form the Eldar alliance, well since I am with my units already around 90+ shooting accuracy, I have Inq Stormtroopers, Assassins, Arbitors, etc all armed with mastercrafted Plasmas, Meltas, Bolters or Graviton guns...they come too late and are with 40 TU and Accuracy of 45 and strength 20 useless BUT on the second hand the Eldar seer comes with really good stats /when capturing one and turning it/ also the Eldar crafts are slow and weak...all of the Eldars should get the similar treatment as the captured Seer and should cost more therefore...

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2022, 01:12:16 pm »
1.09D November 2022 update is now out, see the patch notes in the second post on the first page / on the download page in the mod.io.
Some fixes for reported bugs, balancing and map updates. Eldar stats are now more in line with ROSIGMA (buffed).

GrooveCrusader:

- Economy: You probably have tons of captured loot and corpses you can sell. Only a few things from each craft is required to build your own craft/research things, and you´ll probably have adamantium and promethium in excess by the late game (or even early with a few good landed missions). Doing well in the early months will also rake in a few million extra from score. Space Hulks can be quite the cash cow too.
I´d also recommend having a fast deployment craft in addition to your slow Chimera. The CAS Valkyrie is very good, as is the Tauros (air transported). Other factions get drop pods (and later Thunderhawks) for this purpose.

- Stub Gun AP/Man-Stopper rounds you can get as Guard and Arbites by researching Adamantium (so pre mid-tier).
Kraken Penetrator Rounds for autoguns is locked behind Ceramite (a tier higher than midtier), Rotor cannons also get AP Kraken rounds after researching well, the Rotor cannon tech. Then you find them as a manufacturing project.
Heavy stubbers get master crafted ammo after researching Mid-tier Mastercrafting. This research topic is available after researching mid-tier.

- Psykers: Have you tried swapping armor in the unit/craft Ui screen? (Abhuman guard strat is limited to biomancers at first).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 01:41:32 pm by Leflair »

Offline GrooveCrusader

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2022, 08:10:41 pm »

GrooveCrusader:

- Economy: You probably have tons of captured loot and corpses you can sell. Only a few things from each craft is required to build your own craft/research things, and you´ll probably have adamantium and promethium in excess by the late game (or even early with a few good landed missions). Doing well in the early months will also rake in a few million extra from score. Space Hulks can be quite the cash cow too.
I´d also recommend having a fast deployment craft in addition to your slow Chimera. The CAS Valkyrie is very good, as is the Tauros (air transported). Other factions get drop pods (and later Thunderhawks) for this purpose.

- Stub Gun AP/Man-Stopper rounds you can get as Guard and Arbites by researching Adamantium (so pre mid-tier).
Kraken Penetrator Rounds for autoguns is locked behind Ceramite (a tier higher than midtier), Rotor cannons also get AP Kraken rounds after researching well, the Rotor cannon tech. Then you find them as a manufacturing project.
Heavy stubbers get master crafted ammo after researching Mid-tier Mastercrafting. This research topic is available after researching mid-tier.

- Psykers: Have you tried swapping armor in the unit/craft Ui screen? (Abhuman guard strat is limited to biomancers at first).

Hello Leflair, funnily enough I actually figured out how to get man-stoppers by having a good snoop around in the in game research viewer haha.
yes I tend to be swimming in the stuff, though I didn't really consider selling adamantium and promethium due to habits developed with not selling Alloys and Elerium in vanilla and other mods  ;D
Too bad space hulks are my least favorite missions due to the rush towards the elevator and then towards the computer terminal, thankfully I did eventually learn how to do em somewhat more efficiently but they are certainly still quite painful to do! Though I do find it amusing that guardsmen are seemingly just as capable of entering them without any risk of exposure to the radiation (hence why you only really see terminators enter the things).

I actually discovered the Psyker thing by accident shortly after making this post funnily enough lol.

I'll certainly take a look at the CAS Valkyrie, I mostly held off from it since you are unable to fallback or retreat from a mission.

anyways while I'm asking do you happen to know how armour in this mod works exactly? I'm aware how X-COM does it though I keep hearing people mentioning or at least implying that Armour has some sort of durability stat to it for each mission? Like how Meltaguns are used to tear that armor down or how some people said that shooting something enough with lasguns will eventually start to punch through something very tough, though I could be wrong...

Either way thanks for the response, it seems I'm discovering alot of new and helpful things with each playthough, I was actually quite surprised to learn that sentinels can apparently see through smoke (could be wrong haven't tested it out yet  :))

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2022, 09:21:51 am »
Cancer is probably the least of these Guardsmens concerns ;)

The CAS valkyrie gives you 1 turn to have a look around the map before deploying, so if the spawn is shit, you can simple leave and come back.

Armor: Yes, most weapons in this mod do some preArmor damage, slowly damaging it (or quickly, with melta, hotshot etc).
Generally the best armor damaging weapons are Melta (although beams weaken with range) -> LAS -> Acid/"Rust" -> Hotshot -> Normal pew pew.
KRAK/Kraken AP rounds will do more piercing damage (ignoring % of armor).
Fire DoT will ignore armor to an extent, ~5 HP damage per turn of the unit burning. Armor does protect against flamers direct damage though.

You can repair armor using servitors or techmarines, facing the armor that is damaged (facing is important on the armor-unit itself too, damaged side needs to face the repairing unit) - then "hit" with the repair item. A wrench should appear to show the armor has been repaired (doesn´t work well on 2x2 units).

Resistances are also important, althoguh all weapons can take down all enemies - might just need something like 30-40 shots of bullets vs a Neverborn (very weak to fire/melta/LAScannons though).

Offline GrooveCrusader

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2022, 12:31:30 pm »
Cancer is probably the least of these Guardsmens concerns ;)

The CAS valkyrie gives you 1 turn to have a look around the map before deploying, so if the spawn is shit, you can simple leave and come back.

Armor: Yes, most weapons in this mod do some preArmor damage, slowly damaging it (or quickly, with melta, hotshot etc).
Generally the best armor damaging weapons are Melta (although beams weaken with range) -> LAS -> Acid/"Rust" -> Hotshot -> Normal pew pew.
KRAK/Kraken AP rounds will do more piercing damage (ignoring % of armor).
Fire DoT will ignore armor to an extent, ~5 HP damage per turn of the unit burning. Armor does protect against flamers direct damage though.

You can repair armor using servitors or techmarines, facing the armor that is damaged (facing is important on the armor-unit itself too, damaged side needs to face the repairing unit) - then "hit" with the repair item. A wrench should appear to show the armor has been repaired (doesn´t work well on 2x2 units).

Resistances are also important, althoguh all weapons can take down all enemies - might just need something like 30-40 shots of bullets vs a Neverborn (very weak to fire/melta/LAScannons though).

Haha true  ;D

Oh I didn't know it worked like the drop pod esc tier 2 vehicles the guard get, I'll be def using it now  :D

Ah I see thank you so much, you have no idea how hard it is to find any information to confirm it or find any mention of that anywhere, I always had a hunch but just having that confirmed is going to make life so much easier haha, or I could've missed some Codex Article this whole time then in which case I'm a giant idiot  ::)

The mentioning of repair was what made me start trying to find more information in depth about that too.

Either way thank you once again  ;D

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2022, 07:08:37 pm »
this will be a stupid question but, I see that the new IG Auto weapons  stats are under Ruleset IG weapons...but where are the rulesets for the new ammo ? Drum and Krak drum? Am I blind or what?

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2022, 07:33:54 pm »
They should be in   ...\Ruleset\BALANCE\ballistics_ammo.rul

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2022, 04:54:40 pm »
thanks a lot, for a reason I dont know...I never looked into that one folder LOL

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2022, 06:15:57 pm »
Due to weapons and ammo being split up between factions, it's usually easiest to search for the (suspected) name string in the ruleset folder, which will catch any files it is in.