aliens

Author Topic: [WIP] X-Chronicles version 0.5  (Read 36488 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Chronicles
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 07:11:56 pm »
Heh... by my idea it is not heavy, but in fact wooden armor. Made of salvaged enchanted wood planks.

wcho035

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 09:54:53 am »

Features:
 - National contracts: conclude agreement with USA/Russia/China for specific equipment. Only one ally allowed.

Hi, I have some questions of great curiosity in this feature of yours.  What is your strategy in enabling of this feature without needing new coding in OXCE?

Do you have a faction rating system?

How do you restrict equipment availability? Are you using special base facility to enable this feature?

Hope you can kindly answer these question of mine. Thanks.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 10:27:58 am »
Hi, I have some questions of great curiosity in this feature of yours.  What is your strategy in enabling of this feature without needing new coding in OXCE?

Do you have a faction rating system?

How do you restrict equipment availability? Are you using special base facility to enable this feature?
Researches.
One will choose one of three research, which will forbid other two. And then items and other stuff will require proper research.
Sadly, no connection between real countries is possible, so player can conclude Chinese contract and operate in Canada.
No faction-based facilities present. Yet. But can be done later. I am in a very beginning yet.

Longest part of this work is to do terrains. And most boring.
Here is new MUJUNGLE:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:29:55 am by Nord »

wcho035

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 10:58:15 am »
I see where you are going at, thanks for sharing. However, as far as I understood of the current. OXCE build, this faction choice is one way.

I did request for a proper diplomatic feature for OXCE, with a rating system and well it is too ambitious for now at this time. Thank you for the reply again.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 04:10:43 pm »
I see where you are going at, thanks for sharing. However, as far as I understood of the current. OXCE build, this faction choice is one way.

I did request for a proper diplomatic feature for OXCE, with a rating system and well it is too ambitious for now at this time. Thank you for the reply again.

In fact, ANY kind of OXCE interactions between player and countries will be great. But now it is impossible.

wcho035

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 09:54:39 pm »
Just wondering, where did you get that rad green helicopter in the first post? Did you make it yourself?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 08:57:45 am »
Just wondering, where did you get that rad green helicopter in the first post? Did you make it yourself?
Yes

wcho035

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 08:59:05 am »
Nice.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 03:08:15 pm »
Ok, because of interest from more than one man, i have uploaded mod's draft. Here it is, you can pillage use any resources if you want.
There is not a single string written. And only 1/4 of story, so you can not win. But can look what it will be.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8q9siz0byjslydh/CHR.zip/file

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 03:42:40 pm »
Ok, because of interest from more than one man, i have uploaded mod's draft. Here it is, you can pillage use any resources if you want.
There is not a single string written. And only 1/4 of story, so you can not win. But can look what it will be.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8q9siz0byjslydh/CHR.zip/file
Thanks a bunch, Nord!

Nothing better to start the morning than a hot cup of tea and a new mod to scavenge resources!

Enviado desde mi LG-M400 mediante Tapatalk

EDIT: Insectoid Race crashed. Attaching screenshot, openxcom.log says the same.

EDIT 2: I'm curious, how does the Police shield works? I notice a Stun attack, but... Does it stops bullets? Nice weapon sprites, BTW!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:59:55 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 06:29:10 pm »
Quick battles will often crash, because there are many campaign-only races. It is not bug.
In your case you can use mission type "str_terror_1".
Police shield improves defense when taking frontal hit.

wcho035

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 09:24:09 pm »
Mr Nord, thanks for the goods, really appreciate it. I hope I can return the favor one day.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 07:44:37 pm »
Hi, Nord!

I would like to employ your Mi-8 map on my mod UNEXCOM, to equip some enemy human factions. Could I use it? With credits, of course.  ;D

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 10:17:16 am »
Sure.

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2019, 06:18:36 pm »

Thank you very much!