aliens

Author Topic: [DONE] Luke83 wishlist (more armor transformations, sell price coefficients)  (Read 10554 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
More armor transformations: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6785.msg108311.html#msg108311

Sell price coefficients: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6785.msg135883.html#msg135883

Hello, 6 points i would like some feedback on:

1) - Can we have a way to force Aliens to pickup weapons if they dont have one (My Zombie problem)

2) - If i have several Factions in the ruleset, can we have the game pick X amount of factions randomly ( but perhaps with some groupings to ensure correct mix) to bring in game when "New game" is started OR am i best to create each faction as a separate ruleset and and have the player turn on which Factions he wants to fight ( obviously if the game does it, the player wont know who he is up against so this would create a different game every time)

3) - Sell Price,  Can we have adjust the Sell Price based upon difficulty level selected EG: Beginner - you sell everything at Sale price listed in ruleset * 1.4, on  Ironman mode you sell everything at price listed in Ruleset *0.4.

4) Linked to above question, can we vary the prices of items each month for both buy and sell By setting a price Range, each month the black market would change thus affecting your buy/sell prices

5) as per the below ancient post from Warboy1982, can we add a 4th group that is hostile to both Xcom and Aliens at the same time: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,280.105.html  - Note: if point 6 ever go implimeted, this could change how this group works on a mission by mission basis.

6) Could some basic diplomacy function be implemented into the game so factions can track scores ( separately to council) and either align them selves with my faction or leave my faction? also some factions would need to HATE another faction so if i align with Faction A i can never align with Faction B or vice versa. Was hoping to have a separate button in Basescape where this could be modified instead of controlling this with research.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:05:34 am by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Requests & Guidance] OXC - Factions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:40:23 pm »
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you refer to 'factions' - do you mean countries? Because as far as i can tell factions as such don't exist in the game - the only grouping along the lines you're probably thinking of that exists in the game are the three sides that exist solely in the battlescape - xcom, aliens, civilians. Which directly relates to your point 5, and iirc the groups are fixed and can't be expanded without rebuilding the engine.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:18:23 pm »
1) - Can we have a way to force Aliens to pickup weapons if they dont have one (My Zombie problem)

You can't force them, they just sometimes do it when you're not looking.
I think this is basically to limit the player's potential to lure aliens to open ground or something like that. I am sure this can be done better though...

2) - If i have several Factions in the ruleset, can we have the game pick X amount of factions randomly ( but perhaps with some groupings to ensure correct mix) to bring in game when "New game" is started OR am i best to create each faction as a separate ruleset and and have the player turn on which Factions he wants to fight ( obviously if the game does it, the player wont know who he is up against so this would create a different game every time)

Sorry, I don't get it either. Are you talking about alien races, and ways to randomize them?

3) - Sell Price,  Can we have adjust the Sell Price based upon difficulty level selected EG: Beginner - you sell everything at Sale price listed in ruleset * 1.4, on  Ironman mode you sell everything at price listed in Ruleset *0.4.

No, but perhaps such a global variation could be added.

4) Linked to above question, can we vary the prices of items each month for both buy and sell By setting a price Range, each month the black market would change thus affecting your buy/sell prices

Apoc style market is a much more complex thing. Possible with some work, I suppose - but it's not trivial.

5) as per the below ancient post from Warboy1982, can we add a 4th group that is hostile to both Xcom and Aliens at the same time: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,280.105.html  - Note: if point 6 ever go implimeted, this could change how this group works on a mission by mission basis.

Not doable without a major rewrite of everything. So, no.

6) Could some basic diplomacy function be implemented into the game so factions can track scores ( separately to council) and either align them selves with my faction or leave my faction? also some factions would need to HATE another faction so if i align with Faction A i can never align with Faction B or vice versa. Was hoping to have a separate button in Basescape where this could be modified instead of controlling this with research.

Such scenarios can be realized with clever tech tree (where alliances are researches, and they are mutually exclusive).

The_Funktasm

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 03:59:01 pm »
That fourth faction would be great for otherwise discussed "rouge XCOM" scenarios.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 05:26:45 pm »
What the hell is wrong with you?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »
1/ Not available at the moment... I can put it on todo-list.

2/ I don't understand.

3/ Not available at the moment... I can put it on todo-list.

4/ Meh, insignificant fluff... xcom is not about this. Unless you REALLY need it for a non-xcom-related total conversion, I'm not interested.

5/ A frikkin' major rework of everything... I already rejected this as not possible, see: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6498.0.html

6/ goto 5/

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 10:01:43 pm »
1/ Not available at the moment... I can put it on todo-list.

Sweet ;D

2/ I don't understand.
So i have not looked into the how the Rulesets work for these yet but i assume, you create races -> You assign races to mission types -> You set appearance ration for each race base upon months, mission type Etc Etc... So let assume i create 10 separate factions ( a faction is a completely separate army, from alien grunt to alien leadership), right now if i bring all these in the normal way into my game they will all appear at some point based upon the above mentioned appearance ratios. My suggestion is a way to limit how many is brought into each playthrough. So when you start a New game, from that 10 factions, the game discards 4 of them and only uses the other 6, so for the player, he will only ever fight that 6 factions. The next time he starts another new game, the game would pick another 6 factions ( some may of been in the game the first time round, some may be some new ones)... My goal with the Mod i am working on is to make every playthrough feel a little different from which factions you fight against to which weapons you discover in game y limiting what units you fight and what weapons you are allowed to research.

3/ Not available at the moment... I can put it on todo-list.
Sweet ;D

4/ Meh, insignificant fluff... xcom is not about this. Unless you REALLY need it for a non-xcom-related total conversion, I'm not interested.
This is not critical at this stage, if in 12 months my Mod desperately needs this to simulate Black market than i will show you my work and ask again, for now you can ignore this one.

5/ A frikkin' major rework of everything... I already rejected this as not possible, see: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6498.0.html

6/ goto 5/
A little unfortunate but i will just have to work around it. It was these question that made me think, should i switch to OpenApoc or stay with OpenXcom, i have stuck with OXC because i already have my Expanded UFO, Pyramid UFOs built and bringing in TFTD units/craft is easy to do, i hope i can still make this nice without this function, time will tell  ;).

posts merged; please don't do this

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you refer to 'factions' - do you mean countries? Because as far as i can tell factions as such don't exist in the game - the only grouping along the lines you're probably thinking of that exists in the game are the three sides that exist solely in the battlescape - xcom, aliens, civilians. Which directly relates to your point 5, and iirc the groups are fixed and can't be expanded without rebuilding the engine.

I am building a Alien Civil War Mod:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6784.0.html

The Aliens breakdown into separate FACTIONS and fight against each other, you will be one of these factions also.

Now i cant create a TRUE alien war (since there is only Humans/Aliens/Civilians) but i can script missions to simulate something along these lines. I had thought about just doing this in OpenApoc because of the Diplomacy function is built in there but i thought i would try to build it here instead so i could leverage all the work i have done over the years modding.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:10:25 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 01:59:29 pm »
I suppose that Robin could appreciate it too  ::)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:37 am »
More guidance required...

Is it possible to have different alien stats for when they are on land and when they are in the water? Also would need this for human units...

Is this possible with current build?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58:57 am »
More guidance required...

Is it possible to have different alien stats for when they are on land and when they are in the water? Also would need this for human units...

Is this possible with current build?

No, unfortunately not. You need to set separate races for underwater/land missions.
A potential solution might be applying the armour transformation feature to enemy units, not just player units... But I have no idea how viable it is code-wise.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 11:08:34 am »
i am happy to have 2 separate entries for them if required, i just need to know the game is smart enough to workout the Sectoids crashed there ships in the ocean so now they are even more crappy than usual :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 11:39:22 am »
armor transformation for aliens/civilians can be added

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 12:45:47 pm »
armor transformation for aliens/civilians can be added

Then please consider it my request... It would be very useful to me.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 11:47:56 pm »
Done.

armorTransformations now apply to:
- xcom soldiers
- aliens
- civilians
- units spawned from items (only hostile and neutral factions)
- converted units (e.g. zombies), always hostile

Does not apply to:
- xcom vehicles (HWP/SWS)
- units spawned from items (player faction)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:51:59 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 11:51:24 pm »
Fantastic.
Thank you!