aliens

Author Topic: Let's Play: WH40k  (Read 16820 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Let's Play: WH40k
« on: December 11, 2018, 04:23:41 am »
Hi everyone, I'm starting a let's play of the WH40k mod on OXCE! I'll be playing as the Imperial Guard, so there will be plenty of room for recruits - let me know if you want to briefly see your name on screen before a bolter or lasgun vaporizes it. I'll begin recording the actual series once bulletdesigner and I release a new version of the mod where both the Imperial Guard and base content are combined into a single download. I don't know how often I'll post new videos as this is the first time I'm trying recording a LP, but I promise I won't spam too much here as advertisement for this.

Recruitment video: https://youtu.be/xwdZJY1I4_8
Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkcoV_pZgGtJjYhGk25lHW93wR_cyt_It

Edit: I'm attaching the mod I use for soldier names and re-recruitment if anyone wants to have a look how it's done.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:07:00 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: WH40k
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »
The first couple episodes are up, enjoy!

I'm also looking for a volunteer to be our third Commissar, and as soon as the research finishes some ogryn recruits, speak up if you want them.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 07:40:23 pm »
I've watched the first few episodes, excited to see more!
Once you are done with this 40K campaign will you do the other factions (Space Marines etc.)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:59 pm »
Hey, Otto. I've read your 2 posts on the thread earlier.
And i've finally watched 0-3 episodes of your WH40k mod LP. Also, i kinda liked your LP and your voice in there (no offenses), it looks a cool mod. :)

For now i'm kinda excited for now on. I'll wait for more episodes from you and YT later (also, i don't have a YT account. But i don't want one this year nor the future. Don't add me to the LP if you like, i'm good).

Cheers! :D
~Feru

Glad you're enjoying the LP.

I've watched the first few episodes, excited to see more!
Once you are done with this 40K campaign will you do the other factions (Space Marines etc.)

I'm not sure at this point. Since this is my first LP, I'll have to see whether or not I enjoy making videos in the long run before I commit to another series. If I do make another 40k series, it probably won't be right away in order to let the content feel a bit more fresh again for me.

Edit: Two new videos are up! I'm going to see if I can record a few more before Christmas vacation to release next week.

More Edit: In addition to the two videos from yesterday, I've recorded two more that will be released while I'm traveling, enjoy!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 05:05:59 pm »
First new episode after Christmas is up! I'm still looking for a few more Ogryn recruits as that research should pop soon, plus there's a Commissar and a really accurate unnamed Guardsman up for grabs, granted I don't get them killed finishing the mission next episode.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 01:45:08 pm »
Uh... Otto, sir? Before i watch a new episode of your 40k LP unless i wait for a week jic i'm in a mood or not.
Have you played any 40k video games as far as i could tell instead of playing 40k mod for OXCE? :)
e.g: DOW1 or DOW2? or Chaos Gate '98?

No, I have not - I was unfamiliar with WH40k in general before playing and now working on this mod.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »
With the end of February in the campaign, my second base is almost up and running! Now it just needs equipment, a craft, and live bodies to staff it. If you're interested in splitting off from the main crew to man strike team number two, let me know!

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 08:53:38 pm »
Brave Reaver will go to whichever post she is assigned, and do her duty without question.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 01:20:23 pm »
^ That was from the training mission, silly. They got a lot of attribute improvements because they all got to make a lot of attacks against the unmoving targets.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 05:23:54 pm »
In the latest episode of this LP, I give a preview of some new script code I've been working on to model crew-served weapon emplacements. I'd like to hear your opinions on the idea, and whether or not you'd like to see this replace some of the IG's heavy weapons like the heavy bolter, mounted lascannon, and mounted autocannon. The handheld variants will probably remain but get the extra TU penalty for overweight so that they can be used by Ogryn and particularly beefy Guardsmen.

Also, once I've cleaned up the script slightly, I'll be posting a standalone mod of the turret I previewed for testing it out in "vanilla" UFO.

Edit: Here's the topic for the standalone mod.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:37:14 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 05:40:54 pm »
With the completion of the latest requisitions, the regiment can now promote some of their guardsmen to officers! We have three billets available, so let me know if you'd either like your guardsman to be promoted, or if you'd like a completely new officer to be hired. I'll hand them out on a first come, first serve basis.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 06:03:28 am »
Sweet! I nominate Bulletdesigner to be the first one

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 06:52:42 am »
bulletdesigner is already a Commissar, becoming an Imperial Guard Officer would be a demotion.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 11:01:38 am »
Yipes, forgot about that, how about Reaver?

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 08:58:11 pm »
Really!? I don't see myself as officer material. :P

But Brave Reaver does as she is told.