Author Topic: Let's Play: WH40k  (Read 2382 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Let's Play: WH40k
« on: December 11, 2018, 04:23:41 am »
Hi everyone, I'm starting a let's play of the WH40k mod on OXCE! I'll be playing as the Imperial Guard, so there will be plenty of room for recruits - let me know if you want to briefly see your name on screen before a bolter or lasgun vaporizes it. I'll begin recording the actual series once bulletdesigner and I release a new version of the mod where both the Imperial Guard and base content are combined into a single download. I don't know how often I'll post new videos as this is the first time I'm trying recording a LP, but I promise I won't spam too much here as advertisement for this.

Recruitment video: https://youtu.be/xwdZJY1I4_8
Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkcoV_pZgGtJjYhGk25lHW93wR_cyt_It

Edit: I'm attaching the mod I use for soldier names and re-recruitment if anyone wants to have a look how it's done.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:07:00 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: WH40k
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »
The first couple episodes are up, enjoy!

I'm also looking for a volunteer to be our third Commissar, and as soon as the research finishes some ogryn recruits, speak up if you want them.

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:34:43 am »
BEFORE I WAIT FOR MORE REPLIES - AND BEFORE OTTO OR SOMEONE DELETES MY REPLY/POST/MESSAGE ON THIS TOPIC/THREAD OR NOT
@ohartenstein23
Hey, Otto. I've read your 2 posts on the thread earlier.
And i've finally watched 0-3 episodes of your WH40k mod LP. Also, i kinda liked your LP and your voice in there (no offenses), it looks a cool mod. :)

For now i'm kinda excited for now on. I'll wait for more episodes from you and YT later (also, i don't have a YT account. But i don't want one this year nor the future. Don't add me to the LP if you like, i'm good).

Cheers! :D
~Feru
Spoiler:
NOTE:
Also, i apparently uncomfortable with adding you as a friend/buddy on OXC forums, and asking you suggestions or ideas about new codes or new things to OXCE and other things right now via forum posts, forum PMs, Tumblr, FB or others (But not Discord. I'm not interested in that right now). But keep up the good work on the LP, Otto! ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:37:42 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Thunderwing280

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 07:40:23 pm »
I've watched the first few episodes, excited to see more!
Once you are done with this 40K campaign will you do the other factions (Space Marines etc.)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:59 pm »
Hey, Otto. I've read your 2 posts on the thread earlier.
And i've finally watched 0-3 episodes of your WH40k mod LP. Also, i kinda liked your LP and your voice in there (no offenses), it looks a cool mod. :)

For now i'm kinda excited for now on. I'll wait for more episodes from you and YT later (also, i don't have a YT account. But i don't want one this year nor the future. Don't add me to the LP if you like, i'm good).

Cheers! :D
~Feru

Glad you're enjoying the LP.

I've watched the first few episodes, excited to see more!
Once you are done with this 40K campaign will you do the other factions (Space Marines etc.)

I'm not sure at this point. Since this is my first LP, I'll have to see whether or not I enjoy making videos in the long run before I commit to another series. If I do make another 40k series, it probably won't be right away in order to let the content feel a bit more fresh again for me.

Edit: Two new videos are up! I'm going to see if I can record a few more before Christmas vacation to release next week.

More Edit: In addition to the two videos from yesterday, I've recorded two more that will be released while I'm traveling, enjoy!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:20:57 am »
More Edit: In addition to the two videos from yesterday, I've recorded two more that will be released while I'm traveling, enjoy!
Okay, cool.

Good luck with your vacation and traveling this December. (Adding you on the buddies list just for the sake of my RL idiocity (NOT OXC, WC3, GAMING OR OTHER IDIOCIES I HAVE) in November to December 2018 then.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 05:05:59 pm »
First new episode after Christmas is up! I'm still looking for a few more Ogryn recruits as that research should pop soon, plus there's a Commissar and a really accurate unnamed Guardsman up for grabs, granted I don't get them killed finishing the mission next episode.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 12:10:54 pm »
@Otto (ohartenstein23)
Uh... Otto, sir? Before i watch a new episode of your 40k LP unless i wait for a week jic i'm in a mood or not.
Have you played any 40k video games as far as i could tell instead of playing 40k mod for OXCE? :)
e.g: DOW1 or DOW2? or Chaos Gate '98?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 01:45:08 pm »
Uh... Otto, sir? Before i watch a new episode of your 40k LP unless i wait for a week jic i'm in a mood or not.
Have you played any 40k video games as far as i could tell instead of playing 40k mod for OXCE? :)
e.g: DOW1 or DOW2? or Chaos Gate '98?

No, I have not - I was unfamiliar with WH40k in general before playing and now working on this mod.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 02:25:23 pm »
No, I have not - I was unfamiliar with WH40k in general before playing and now working on this mod.
Alright, cool. :)
I'll see new episodes of 40k LP next week of next month then.

edit because of new ep of 40k lp:
YEAH! NEW EPISODE THE LP! :D

And i thought the OpenXcom Extended 40k fairy was just a bedtime story.

Time to watch it now! 8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:36:44 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »
With the end of February in the campaign, my second base is almost up and running! Now it just needs equipment, a craft, and live bodies to staff it. If you're interested in splitting off from the main crew to man strike team number two, let me know!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 07:18:02 pm »
With the end of February in the campaign, my second base is almost up and running! Now it just needs equipment, a craft, and live bodies to staff it. If you're interested in splitting off from the main crew to man strike team number two, let me know!
Okay, boss! :)
I'll watch EP 13 of it later if i'm not tired for today, i know the guardies like. 8)

edit (just for a like):
Speaking of which, when first watched (but finished watching) the new episode today instead of later.
Do Ogryns get fond of using lasguns in training in the 40k mod? Not the tabletop or/along video games, movies, TVS and other versions of 40k. ???
As far as 40k and their lore goes, their big guys right? ???

Though the training (excercise) mission kinda reminds of 6 year old game Planetside 2's VR Training Facility map too :D, and oh yeah; i'm not gonna be forgetting Planetside 2 videos again anymore since i mentioned it. ;D
http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/VR_Training_Facility

btw, i liked the Heavy Stubber in this mod since it was my first time seeing the gunfire of it in the mod instead of the VG or other things. :)
https://youtu.be/KitJsLiqjTM?list=PLkcoV_pZgGtJjYhGk25lHW93wR_cyt_It&t=1694

I get fond of non-ballistic/conventional MGs and Miniguns/Chainguns (including Cannons) a lot, specially Gauss ones too. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:54:04 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 08:53:38 pm »
Brave Reaver will go to whichever post she is assigned, and do her duty without question.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 10:08:58 pm »
@Reaver/TheReaverOfDarkness
Brave Reaver will go to whichever post she is assigned, and do her duty without question.
+100

edit:
Finally episode came out today!  ;D Maybe after this, i'm gonna be getting a long shower will quick to help me stay up, and start doing something really important for me to play more of my own game (well), some vanilla with OG elements and 8 mods i might be using instead along OXCE+ Visuals; maybe OXCE+V optional or not, who cares. :-\
@Otto/ohartenstein23 (don't ignore this post please. 🤤)
Otto..... otto.....
while i was watching the new episode of the LP, i'm at 1:23 minutes away from the end of it.
I was so shocked about this. :o

That was pretty epic huh?  :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:36:01 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 01:20:23 pm »
^ That was from the training mission, silly. They got a lot of attribute improvements because they all got to make a lot of attacks against the unmoving targets.