aliens

Author Topic: TFTD  (Read 3076 times)

Offline richardhead

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
TFTD
« on: January 15, 2019, 09:22:56 am »
I'm really enjoying TFTD on OXC.  I wanted to share this alternate-beginning scenario / saved game and ask others to post some of theirs. This scenario is a slightly accelerated start. X-com starts on Jan 1st as a serious anti-alien force with 6 bases and some key techs : All gauss tech as well thermal shok launchers. Plastic armor is known but no aqua-plastics to make it until it's obtained. The Triton is replaced by Leviathan so you start with 26-man missions. This is how I always thought the game should start. Thanx OXC for allowing me to create the game I want.

Offline richardhead

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:37:36 am »
Oh  even if you don't like the accelerated start or totally OP soldiers, I recommend you try the base locations I used.  It's kind of uncanny how it works out so well. If someone was playing for the first time they might be clueless about where to build base(s). Try these easy to find and easy to remember spots.  Base1- Azore Islands.  Base2-St Lawrence Island.  Base3-Easter Island. Base4-Solomon Island.  The last 2 go in the indian ocean and the south atlantic.  If you look at Antarctica, the overlapping sonar forms a neat little flower pattern with Antarctica in the void right in the middle. hehe. Base-1 (Azores) allows your sonar to cover all of the Med while conveniently missing the Gulf of Mexico (theres never any action there until the end, hehe)