aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 446089 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2020, 09:21:54 pm »
Consider that now he is. :)

Well, I need some details too... how should it work?

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 01, 2020, 09:39:11 pm »
Well, I need some details too... how should it work?

First, would like to know the default time and cost. How is the transfer price and time calculated?
Options (transferBaseTime:  1.0) and (transferBaseCost: 1.0) must manage divider \ factor of default values.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 01, 2020, 10:19:30 pm »
First, would like to know the default time and cost. How is the transfer price and time calculated?

It's based on distance.
Maximum distance is 102.4 (for example between north pole and south pole).

Transfer cost is:
- distance*1 for items
- distance*5 for personnel
- distance*25 for craft

Transfer time is: 6 + distance/10... so anywhere between 6 and 16 hours.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 01, 2020, 10:36:20 pm »
Can use a multiplier of the default values. Working with integers, it seems, will not work.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 02, 2020, 02:37:17 pm »
Meridian, I'm sorry to bother you, but there is one more thing. If soldierDiaries (soldierDiaries: false) is disabled, can the "DIARY" and "STATISTICS" buttons be disabled? And what's the point in them, with statistics disabled?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 02, 2020, 02:51:29 pm »
Meridian, I'm sorry to bother you, but there is one more thing. If soldierDiaries (soldierDiaries: false) is disabled, can the "DIARY" and "STATISTICS" buttons be disabled? And what's the point in them, with statistics disabled?

I will disable the Diary.

In Statistics, I will only hide the fields that depend on the Diary.

PS: if you load a save, which does contain soldier diaries, they will also not be visible
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 02:59:42 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 02, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »
Thanks.
It is sometimes interesting to play without statistics. In a retro style, might say.

Ideally, if the statistics were disabled, the counter of the stunned remained, like the counter of the killed. But I already wrote about it.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 03, 2020, 12:27:47 pm »
Is there a quick way, while maintaining the inability to use alien artifacts, to allow them to be loaded onto the ship?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 03, 2020, 12:33:59 pm »
Is there a quick way, while maintaining the inability to use alien artifacts, to allow them to be loaded onto the ship?

no

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 05, 2020, 06:22:17 am »
Encountering some issues modding OXCE (on android). Dunno if I did something wrong or what.

Coelacanth/Gauss
Changed the gauss cannon ammo to do explosive damage and reduced power to 50.
But in DamageAlter I tweaked all the stats including ToTile to do 3 times what it would normally do (and turned randomHealth, randomWound, randomStun off). And added ResistType: 4 and FixRadius: 3.

The idea here is a shot so powerful it causes a small explosion and concentrated damage. But by using 50 Power it visually displays a small explosion to match its size. By doing x3 stats it should effectively leverage on everything as if it was 150 damage (then 120, 90 adjacent).

But...
Then noticed in Ship Terror Mission the shots are Not damaging the regular steel walls that a Sonic Pulser will blow open (even at Power 50 and ToTile 1.5). With several shots, so its not just crap damage rolls.

And on a different ammo type (Gas Cannon AP) that I did the same thing to it Is Not displaying in the Ufopaedia that it does (ResistType: 1) Armor Piercing, it still lists High Explosive there.

Has ResistType and ToTile been turned off?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 05, 2020, 11:26:03 am »
Can't say anything without seeing the full runnable mod.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 06, 2020, 03:56:51 am »
Can't say anything without seeing the full runnable mod.

As noted the hwp gauss doesn't seem to do much damage. Two hits to the coral shale only damaged the urchins on it. I forget the mcd armor of the shale pieces but it should be getting hit vs 75.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 06, 2020, 10:19:59 am »
As noted the hwp gauss doesn't seem to do much damage. Two hits to the coral shale only damaged the urchins on it. I forget the mcd armor of the shale pieces but it should be getting hit vs 75.

You have 56 syntax errors there.
Sample attached as screenshot.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 06, 2020, 10:13:14 pm »
Question about panic, berserk and losing morale as aliens. I know what OXCE long time ago has changed algorithm about how aliens lose moral, it's in patch (release) notes. That's fine. I'm accepting the rules. According the last, enemy morale drops slow in large groups. But I've found strange thing what confuse me - playing TWoTS on experienced I almost not encountered any panics from missions what have big USOs (large or very large) and vise versa - on superhuman when I kills a lot of enemies they start panic or even surrender. So why this happened? How it working - on % of remain live aliens on map in compare with 100% of them when mission starts or it's fixed number not depending on %, so low difficulty has less enemies on map at beginning and chance of panic significantly lowers? Could it be affected but mod .rul files with (or) errors in it? How difficulty works? Thank for answers in advance.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 06, 2020, 10:52:35 pm »
Idea is simple, if enemy loose 1% of its units it should not make panic. Even its is 100 units (of 10000).
You can image this as if there is lot of units then each morale loose is multiplied by 0.01, if there is only 10 units then its multiplied by 1