Author Topic: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report  (Read 159268 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 05:45:08 pm »
Ah okay, I missed that part of your post - read too quickly, my bad. We made 40k a "master" mod now, which means it gets its own folder for saves. When you first run the game with the new mod version, this 40k folder is created in your user folder, and any saves you have should be moved to there.

Offline Chapter Master Girlyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 06:40:54 pm »
Just curious, if I want to ask questions about how some mechanics work (only one I have in mind right now is flamer burn damage per turn) do I ask here?

Also, with the mod having it's own drop down page, can it still run all the mods in the standard folder? One that comes to mind is psi-attacks requiring line of sight and how much that helps the balance of this mod. 

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. Still new to forums in general.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 07:41:51 pm »
It's better to keep this thread for bugs only, general questions would be better asked on the main thread for the mod. Part of the point of making 40k a 'master' mod was that the mods in standard could not be applied to 40k, as many are incompatible or won't function when applied to 40k. For example, I think we have some psionic items in addition to what UFO has, so those won't be limited to LOS if you turn on the mod in standard. You'd have to make a separate mod for the same functionality when applied to 40k.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 07:57:50 pm »
Oh ok thanks for the info about posting.

Unrelated question, is there anything I can do to help with the UFOpaedia entries? Some of them are not so clear. I have no experience in modding xcom but my English is pretty good and I think I could help with some writing. Plus I love 40k and would do research if you required (even if this mod isn't very canon i.e. female space marines).

Lastly, I've been doing this a lot in all my posts so I think I have to ask. I ask more questions(like this 8) ) after my response. Is that inappropriate? Should I just bring all these questions into general instead of ending my posts like this?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 08:10:07 pm »
I'll answer in the main thread so we don't clutter up bugreports so much.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2018, 06:36:06 pm »
Hello!
Having this really strange problem. My game is crashing because of equipping a certain soldier with armor.

Attached will be the save.

The steps to replicate the crash:

• Go to base called "Africa"

• Go to equip craft.

• Equip soldier named "Peliel Crixus" with Centurion armor.

• If you move this soldier to top of list order, the game will crash. If the soldier is anywhere else on the list, go to inventory and  get to Peliel. When you get Peliel's part of list, game should also crash. Not sure why. I've tried a few other soldiers and they do not crash the game with centurion. Peliel does not seem to crash game in other armor.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »
Thanks for the report, this is a case of a missing resource file for the inventory images, we'll fix it in the next version. In the meantime if you're okay with the soldier looking a bit different in the inventory images, open up the mod file Ruleset/layered-armors_40k.rul and find the line
Code: [Select]
  - typeSingle: 1__2__M0_FACE
    fileSingle: Resources/LAYER/CM0.gif
and change the CM0.gif to CM1.gif or any other number 2-5.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2018, 07:50:21 pm »
Thanks!

It's working fine now.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2018, 01:56:09 am »
Was using the assault cannon on terminator seargent armor and it has reduced accuracy where other 2handed weapons do not have reduced accuracy while wearing  it. Is there a reason for this? I think this is because of the lightning claws as as the regular terminator armor is fine. Storm bolter works fine though, even though that is a 2 handed weapon as well. Is this an intended feature?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2018, 03:22:02 am »
Most likely - storm bolter is in essence an automatic pistol for a marine in terminator armor, while an assault cannon is a massive support weapon, equivalent more to the vanilla autocannon for an x-com soldier.

As for how 2-handed penalties work, there is a default reduction in accuracy for using a 2-handed weapon in the off hand, any exception to this is explicitly defined in order to display a weapon like a 2-handed item but have no penalty. It doesn't matter what the item in the off hand is, it just matters that it exists.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2018, 07:05:09 pm »
Was using the assault cannon on terminator seargent armor and it has reduced accuracy where other 2handed weapons do not have reduced accuracy while wearing  it. Is there a reason for this? I think this is because of the lightning claws as as the regular terminator armor is fine. Storm bolter works fine though, even though that is a 2 handed weapon as well. Is this an intended feature?

My mistake again, next release , Assault cannon will have no 2 handed penalty even thought will mark 2 handed like stormbolter

i Can confirme since chaos assault cannon don´t have the issue, was resolved time ago, i must haved missed it
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:07:38 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2019, 09:33:06 pm »
Hi again

So my 40K setup works but there are some problems, the aliens e.g. the chaos marines etc are just called floaters and some weapons have vanilla descriptions, the vehicles are called Skyranger etc, how to fix?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:57:46 pm by Thunderwing280 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2019, 10:01:20 pm »
We only support the en-US language setting - you're using en-UK. Go to options and change the language to "English (US)".

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2019, 10:04:57 pm »
We only support the en-US language setting - you're using en-UK. Go to options and change the language to "English (US)".
Ok thank you for the help.

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2019, 12:31:14 pm »
I have this terrible issue where I can't sell anything while my stores are full.