Author Topic: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report  (Read 159332 times)

Offline MajorDerp16

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2018, 05:18:26 pm »
send me the save game i will try to recreate the bug

the only tricky part on installation is always using latest OCXE+ Installed

Here's the save, well i hope it is;

Im using the 5.1 version of OXCE, just to confirm i copy the base games data into the ufo folder for OCXE
and then just run the exe instead of the OXC exe.

If thats not right what others steps would i have todo as that may be causing the issue. 

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2018, 06:13:16 pm »
Work´s fine with me, so it´s your installation, also i have only 40k mod "on" so you have other mod´s "on" that can be creating the problem.  so disable all except 40k to check it out.

also i will link my OX40k folder( with installation correct) , so you only have to drop it on desktop and it will work
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIR1ZqeDN5Rm1RYzQ

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2018, 06:19:48 pm »
Probably caused by latest OXCE.

Crashes for me too.

I will report to Yankes... in the meantime, try downgrading to OXCE 2018-11-11 or older.

@Yankes:
- attached a save: just end turn and wait a bit (20 seconds) until few explosions happen and then crash.
- tile caching may be off, _objects[part] is nullptr, but _currentSurface[part] is not; relevant change: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/812c682e1735af955e34daf8e240c495486c4934#diff-f049c7aed8fa8d231e9cbb16b1fb511cL704

PS: @bulletdesigner: your download link in the post above seems to have more files than needed... there are some DLLs, but OXCE doesn't need any... also there is a whole "Safe" directory which is not needed; "data" directory is also not needed, it's actually discouraged. You may want to remove it, I think it will confuse people more than help.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:46:29 pm by Meridian »

Offline MajorDerp16

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2018, 07:27:33 pm »
@bulletdesigner, @Meridian

Thank you both, ill try the downgrading,

but loving the mod great fun

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2018, 08:34:50 pm »
PS: @bulletdesigner: your download link in the post above seems to have more files than needed... there are some DLLs, but OXCE doesn't need any... also there is a whole "Safe" directory which is not needed; "data" directory is also not needed, it's actually discouraged. You may want to remove it, I think it will confuse people more than help.

ho yes, i do not support my folder, only use it if you cannot install by normal way´s and you are out of options, like Todd Howard says "it just works" ::)

Offline mudael

• Sergeant
  • All is dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2018, 09:54:53 pm »
Bonjour!
Thanks a lot for the great mod!
is it intended that "new battle" mode has only 7 soldiers while equipping any craft? where it can be edited?
THanks!

UPDATE:
pressed Randmize button and get new crew. Nevermind!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:01:31 pm by mudael »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2018, 10:14:33 pm »
Hi mudael, glad you figured out working with the new battle feature, but in general it's hard to support using new battle with mods that add new soldier types, missions, and races. It's more of a debug tool than a feature you should be regularly using unless you know how it works.

Offline Chapter Master Girlyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2018, 05:02:19 pm »
Hello,
     this is my first time posting on a forum, and I wasn't sure where else I should have asked this so I'm posting here. I've been playing this mod for a few months now, and I'm just curious as to how I'm supposed to "restore fallen battle brother" or put a dead marine into a dreadnought. I've tried collecting the corpses of marines and bringing them back to the craft but I do not get the "fallen battle brother" component. As to placing marines in a dreadnought, is it even possible? I've had a dreadnought for base defense after building it, but there is no marine placed in it and I cannot figure out how to place one inside.

Sorry if this is a stupid question,
     Primarch Girlyman

Edit: Right after posting this, got back on and went after a terror mission on a new save. Game crashed right after I clicked on begin mission. Attached to this post is the log.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:08:39 pm by Chapter Master Girlyman »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2018, 05:55:11 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forums! This is the correct place to report bugs and ask questions about things that seem like bugs. The "Restore Fallen Battle Brother" feature requiring a "Fallen Corpse" was in fact a bug, we're removing it in the next version. To fix this in your version, open up the file "Ruleset/Soldiertransformation40k.rul" in a text editor, and under the requiredItems line remove the line that says "STR_FALLEN_CORPSE: 1" so that the file reads
Code: [Select]
soldierTransformation:
  - name: STR_RESURRECT_MARINE
    requires:
      - STR_LASER_CANNON
      - STR_NEW_FIGHTER_CRAFT
    cost: 850000
    requiredItems:
      STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS: 50
      STR_ELERIUM_115: 30
      STR_ALIEN_HABITAT: 1
    producedSoldierType: STR_FALLEN
    producedSoldierArmor: DREAD_ARMOR_UC
    allowsDeadSoldiers: true
    allowsLiveSoldiers: false
    needsCorpseRecovered: true
    allowedSoldierTypes:
      - STR_SOLDIER
      - STR_SOLDIER_JOAN
    transferTime: 24
    recoveryTime: 0
    lowerBoundAtMinStats: true
then save and restart your game. The dreadnought that you manufactured is treated the same as a HWP in the original game, so it cannot hold a soldier like an armor. Once you do the "Restore Fallen Battle Brother" project, you'll get your marine back but as a new soldier type that wears dreadnought armor.

As for the terror mission crash, sending us the log file isn't very helpful in general, it's best if you have a save file right before the bug happens and some instructions how to recreate the crash. This crash looks like a map script bug, one of which we fixed recently in the latest version - are you running version 012 or something earlier? Also, can you reproduce the crash and send us a save so we can see what's going on?

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2018, 04:38:52 am »
Thanks for the reply!

Will try your suggestion and edit this post when I get down to changing the ruleset.

Attached to this post is the save in question in which the game crashed before landing the terror mission. Right after loading into the game, wait for a few days and a terror mission in Budapest should show up. I've been sending the first Valkyrie on my crafts list ("SchoolBus") to this mission. After you click on the interact button to begin mission the game should crash. I wasn't sure if I had version 012 so I just downloaded it again and the crash is still happening.

Appreciate the speedy response.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2018, 06:27:17 am »
I can replicate the crash with your save and I'll work on figuring out what's causing it. It has to do with map generation but it's not consistently happening on the same map script, which means it's something randomly generating wrong, specifically for the RNG seed in your save.

Two things you can do on your end to work around it: first off, I wouldn't recommend ever using ironman in modded OXC, precisely for this reason. There are bugs, some of which will prevent ironman campaigns from progressing, which can be prevented by having backup saves and the second recommendation I'll give. You can turn off ironman mid-campaign by loading your save in a text editor, finding the line that says "ironman: true" and changing it to "ironman: false". The next thing you can do once you've turned off ironman is to go to Options>Advanced>General and turn "Save Scumming" to "Yes". This will reset the RNG seed when you reload the game, which will re-roll the terrain and map generation, meaning you can start the terror mission. You can turn it off again once the mission has started if you like.

Edit: I've found which map script the mission is using, you can replace the file in your rulesets folder with the one I'm attaching and that will also fix your crash instead of doing the RNG manipulation.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:34:24 am by ohartenstein23 »

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2018, 10:43:05 am »
Thank you for all the help ohart. My game is working great now. Will just stay off ironman for now I guess.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2018, 04:01:20 pm »
Hi,

Tried looking around for an answer to this before posting but couldn't find it. Not familiar with mods, sorry if this should be otherwise obvious. Just downloaded V013 and tried out a new save and everything working fine. Just unsure if whether or not I could still use an old save? I had a pretty decent run that I'd like to continue but I have a feeling I will not be able to continue with that save I am unable to load it when I am in the "Load Game" menu.

Interested to see how the changes to krak missile will affect gameplay and especially love that krak grenades are now a thing.

Thanks for all the work!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2018, 04:43:59 pm »
Upgrading versions shouldn't break anything unless you have an old HWP-style assault bike or dreadnought, but we've been phasing those out so you'd have to have kept it for a while. If you were using the old separate IG mod, you should turn it off when you upgrade. Your old save should work fine.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2018, 05:20:11 pm »
With your confidence I decided to look at more it myself and actually managed to fix my problem. My save file was in a folder called xcom 1 and I just moved it to an empty folder that I realized I did not create (new folder is called 40k as well). I've seen this folder before but I never messed with it as V012 was loading my saves fine. Not sure how this works but glad that you were clear on what the main problems should be so I could fix this. Sorry I'm a noob  :-[