Author Topic: [OXCE][TC] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.11.0  (Read 88387 times)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Graphical bugs located, holding certain weapons such as the sten(?) Shows incorrect handobs, can't show photos since I just recently wiped my phone, sorry

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Graphical bugs located, holding certain weapons such as the sten(?) Shows incorrect handobs, can't show photos since I just recently wiped my phone, sorry
Sten? Probably M3 Greasegun. ???

I'm going to take a look, Yataka!

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello to everyone!

New version of UNEXCOM available. v0.2c is alive now!

WHAT DOES THIS VERSION INCLUDE?

* All Tier I weapons as well as Tier I tanks have their unique and special sound as well as recharge sounds (this option is not available on Android at the moment), tested by Alnoaht and Marina.
* Two new armor: Bear Riot Armor, equipped with a powerful shield and sawed-off shotgun and Delta EOD Armor, a Juggernaut type armor with a built-in MG3 machine gun, fast and accurate. Obtained after researching USSR / NATO Support and Alloy Manufacturing, as alternatives to Personal Armor.
* New sprites for the XM22 Legionnaire (provided by Solarius Scorch), the M551 Sheridan, the BMD-1. Thanks for reactivating your website, Falko!
* Falcon nuclear missiles now do 500 damage to be able to damage Capital class UFOs.
* You can recover a country infiltrated by aliens after destroying all the alien bases in its territory! (this option is not available on Android at the moment)
* The SMGs and LMGs have sprayWaypoints, they are useful to clear the terrain.
* Fixed errors with some weapons that crashed the game.
*For new games, I set the Defensive base for startingBase. In my opinion, is very useful.

* ATTENTION: ERRORS FOUND. Detect a crash on a base defense mission, with Tier I and Ethereals weapons. I am working to solve it, but it would be useful if someone else had something similar happened to it, to find out its origin.

WHAT'S NEXT?

*Now I want to go straight for the new space missions. I've lost some advance due technical problems, but the next thing to to is attack the Moon! And then, Mars!
*Also, new sprites for Hovertanks and some armors for the space missions. Any suggestion is welcome!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:17:16 pm by efrenespartano »

niculinux

Cool, thanks! I hope to try 0.3 on my cellphone, don't know whether i'll be able anyways!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP][OXCE+] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2c release!
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2018, 12:49:04 pm »
Cool, thanks! I hope to try 0.3 on my cellphone, don't know whether i'll be able anyways!

It won't take so long, I promise!

Version v0.3 is coming

With some limited time because of the university, the progress to new version is slow and steady. The new Moon mission is almost complete, along space suits (taken from the great Battle for Mars and the awesome XenoOps), plus a couple of familiar dropships. Includes the Pyramids mod and, of course, the Moon terrain. Suggested by davide, made by new_civilian.

Some bad news: you aren't going to invade Mars (or anything) with the vanilla Avenger, so forget to carry 26 vengeful soldiers to Cydonia.

Some good news: you will have many, many allied troops by your side, some tanks too. I'm testing and playing around with different map sizes, but expect something bigger than vanilla.

Keep suggesting things and providing feedback! Keep endangering species, Bug Stompers!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:45:28 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
+10  ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello to everyone!

New version of UNEXCOM available. Download now v0.2d!

UPDATED TO OXCE v5.1

This is a fix update, because in 0.2c the NATO/USSR stuff was unavailable and there was many bugs related to new content. This will fix all of them. 0.3 is still baking on the oven.

*Reduced shields of Capital class UFOs to half (Battleship now has 50 and Troop Transport now has 30)
*Fixed bugs found by IgnisAbentorn, renamed AK-47 to AKM, reemplaced Makarov for Stechkin Automatic Pistol, fixed stats and fire sound.
*Changed FN FAL & M16 M203 alt fire mode from confSnap to confAimed, to avoid reaction fire with underbarrel addons.
*MG3 now has fixed 60 rounds, removed MG3 belt from store. Fixed fatal bug that made unavailable NATO/USSR stuff (Guns, armor, missiles)
*Allied NPC units now use Human weapons, vanilla weapon no longer used. 11 new countries, original codes by MKSheppard (Norway, Benelux, Denmark, Greece, Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Ukraine, Peru, Colombia, Poland)
*Updated operationType: 6 to Alien Interception missions, now Hunter Killers take off and land on their bases.

Special thanks to IgnisAbentorn, danielpembrink, garretrgang for their kind words and useful feedback at openxcom.mod.io  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:29:02 am by efrenespartano »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Tried v0.2d with no other mods and I get the following error message, see attached.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Tried v0.2d with no other mods and I get the following error message, see attached.

Thanks for the feedback, SIMON! Seems that some broken research (Alien Capital Ships when interrogating a Cerebreal Engineer) caused the crash. I'm going to fix it! :D

--- posts merged ---

Thanks for the feedback, SIMON! Seems that some broken research (Alien Capital Ships when interrogating a Cerebreal Engineer) caused the crash. I'm going to fix it! :D

Fixed! Simply replace the corresponding file within user/mods/UNEXCOM/Ruleset.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:57:39 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods

Perhaps i am doing something wrong but i tried replacing the file located in UNEXCOM\standard\xcom1\Reaserch.rul with the new one but i get an error.  I then noticed the 2 files are very different sizes ( and the new one is the smaller one), not sure if i am copying this to the wrong directory of if i am meant to know how to merge the 2 files...Sorry to sound like a idiot, but last time i was on here there was only 1 Extremely long ruleset file for everything, now its all been broken down into smaller ( and more friendly) files and i am not sure if i am doing something wrong.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP][OXCE] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2d release!
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 04:15:24 am »
Perhaps i am doing something wrong but i tried replacing the file located in UNEXCOM\standard\xcom1\Reaserch.rul with the new one but i get an error.  I then noticed the 2 files are very different sizes ( and the new one is the smaller one), not sure if i am copying this to the wrong directory of if i am meant to know how to merge the 2 files...Sorry to sound like a idiot, but last time i was on here there was only 1 Extremely long ruleset file for everything, now its all been broken down into smaller ( and more friendly) files and i am not sure if i am doing something wrong.

Whooooooah!

It's such an honor that you decided to try UNEXCOM, Luke! :') Thank you!

It's easier, comrade. You need to apply the small patch directly into the Ruleset folder in the mod folder. The file that you overwrite was the original xcom1 research.rul

You need to go inside the user folder, then into mods, then UNEXCOM and finally into Ruleset. Remplace the research_UNEXCOM.rul with the quickfix provided.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions

It is a good habit to at least try launching your mod before publishing it. Sure, mistakes happen, but it is even better habit to try if your hotfix works before posting it... (it still crashes on launch, still because of some non-existent research topics).

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
It is a good habit to at least try launching your mod before publishing it. Sure, mistakes happen, but it is even better habit to try if your hotfix works before posting it... (it still crashes on launch, still because of some non-existent research topics).

Humm, that's weird. :o It was supposed to fix a crash related with some research topics. I'm rushing to release 0.3 with all of the fixes.

Do you have any crash log at hand? To see any potential reason.

Thanks for the feedback, Dioxine! ;D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
The reason is pretty obvious, it is displayed when you try launching the game...

Also, when I fixed these and tried playing, it crashed when my first soldier died due to the lack of corpse item for combat armor.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!

New version of UNEXCOM available. Download now v0.2e!

*Fixed crash related to broken Alien research during Interrogations (Found by SIMON, thanks!)
*Fixed fatal crash related to trash code in unavailable research that made impossible to start game. Fixed crash with UN Combat Armor. (Found by Dioxine and luke83, thank you!)
*Fixed missing NATO/USSR CraftWeapons topics.

These crashes were mostly caused by the new OXCE v5.1 and its new format and some trash code left behind without notice. It's very strict now and these bugs haven't pop-up until now.

Please, update as soon as possible!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:38:20 am by efrenespartano »