aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION][OXCE+] Survivorz  (Read 16744 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION][OXCE+] Survivorz
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 03:39:09 am »
Met my first mech, completely wrecked my squad, linac battle rifle may as well be a nerf gun. This mod does not fuck around.

Good, working as intended.  The mechs are going to be the first hurdle to overcome and more tech will be available once you bring back a sample - it's not all in the mod yet though, the graphics for new content are slow going.

Edit: Speaking of the availability of tech to counter your mechanical challenges, I've released a new version! Here's a little teaser of the tools available in this version, but not that you won't necessarily get all of them in your campaign.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 06:20:01 pm »
New release time! I've continued work on overhauling the UI palettes to give a completely new feel for the interface; the geoscape and associated menus now have the same look as the main menu.  Try it out, let me know what you think!

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 11:55:26 am »
The first screenshot looks glitchy. Is it intended? :D

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »
I think its still experimental?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 03:49:11 pm »
It's an intended effect, I've been playing with partially transparent backgrounds in some screens to capture the effect of a holographic display.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 04:11:20 pm »
It's an intended effect, I've been playing with partially transparent backgrounds in some screens to capture the effect of a holographic display.
I think this do not look good because of lack of contrast between foreground and background panels. One way to fix this I think is use `ShaderDraw` function with custom bliter that will mix some colors from background to made them darken and leave foreground unchanged.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »
I'd rather not do engine edits just for the UI in this mod - if the consensus is that it doesn't look good, I have backup backgrounds without the transparency.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 11:40:17 pm »
Hi ohartenstein23!

Your mod looks very interesting, but I have a little problem with the installation. Any help?

New release time! I've continued work on overhauling the UI palettes to give a completely new feel for the interface; the geoscape and associated menus now have the same look as the main menu.  Try it out, let me know what you think!

By the way, I liked the hologram effect, but I think that maaaybe looks a little blurish.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 12:31:31 am »
Glad you're interested in trying the mod out! Can you tell me a little more about when the crash occurs and what your file structure looks like when you installed the mod? It should just be extracting the mod to your user/mods folder, then changing the "master" mod to Survivorz.

Edit: Just noticed from your image that you're using the 23 February version of OXCE+ - that doesn't have the support for custom palettes, which my interfaces require.  Upgrading to the latest version of OXCE+ should fix your problem.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:39:54 am by ohartenstein23 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 02:16:44 am »

Edit: Just noticed from your image that you're using the 23 February version of OXCE+ - that doesn't have the support for custom palettes, which my interfaces require.  Upgrading to the latest version of OXCE+ should fix your problem.

Yes, it worked. Thank you! Keep up with this awesome project, seems promising.  ;D
I hope to see new crafts soon.  :)

Offline Somedudesbutonly1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 06:13:54 am »
Has this been abandoned or? I know life, or heck, other projectsmight get in the way of making this mod so I’m just making sure. Don’t want you to be the second programmer of a mod I like to be offended by me.  :P

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 03:15:03 pm »
Don't worry, it's not abandoned, it just takes a long time to make a real update since I'm doing all the graphical resources from scratch. I've also been busy with other projects around here and real life stuff, this hasn't been a priority recently. I'm glad you like it even at such an early state!

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 10:20:01 pm »
You need to fix the text. It needs all of the important readability elements to be on the lines that show. Example, the uppercase E, you can read it easily if you can see all of its horizontal lines without any vertical lines. But when the bottom horizontal line is obscured, it looks like an F.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 03:00:54 pm »
If you look at the sample interface, that "E" you're referring to is on the menu behind the currently active one, so it does not need to be completely visible and in fact I wouldn't want it to be.  The important feedback here is that this isn't completely clear that there's a screen behind the active one, and I'll be looking into how to improve this idea.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2018, 08:46:56 pm »
If you look at the sample interface, that "E" you're referring to is on the menu behind the currently active one, so it does not need to be completely visible and in fact I wouldn't want it to be.  The important feedback here is that this isn't completely clear that there's a screen behind the active one, and I'll be looking into how to improve this idea.
Ah, I see that now.

Perhaps if you align the text to be better covered by the lines, it'll look less like it's in front.

I tried to play the mod but it wouldn't show up in the mod list after installation. I managed to make it show up and apparently run fine after making a small change to the metadata file:
Code: [Select]
name: "Survivorz"
version: 0.5.2
author: "ohartenstein23"
description: "Survive! Shoot your way out, build a robot army, or become the farmlord!"
id: survivorz
#loadResources:
#  - UFO
#isMaster: true
I'm not sure what effect this had on the game, but I thought you might want to know. I am running OXCE+ version 4.0.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 09:32:27 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »