Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304802 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2019, 01:52:34 pm »
. As for balance, musket and flintlock pistols may become avaiable afrer havin research "Contract: merchants" (therefore should be removed from bootypedia at the start of the game) as well as the hand cannon, blunderbuss and boarding gun, avaiable after the topic "bigger guns"

That will never happen, it would be ridiculous to push these basic weapons further out.

misterx

« Reply #466 on: November 28, 2019, 03:57:03 pm »
That will never happen, it would be ridiculous to push these basic weapons further out.

Ok. I've also noticed that when ground assaulting academy vehicles, 99% of time i encunter only airbuses, rarely the ambulance one. Please may the latter may land more frequently and and for some more long time?

As for gunshots, please pay a look here:
https://it.audioblocks.com/royalty-free-audio/gunshot?search-origin=search_bar

usuful site for other sound effetcs and music. Moreover, to complete the ol' firearms family how about an ol' machinegun?

A couple of candidates here,  a 1917 vickers machine gun, or a lewis gun, i happen to prefer the latter

Attributes suggestd: buyable at black market after unlucking the merchants. Damage 36 weight 14
Rifing sound: https://it.audioblocks.com/stock-audio/machine-gun-vickers-single-shot-close-perspective-rlz8de6huvsk0wxw0er.html

Edit: after unlocking "contracts: fuso" a new weapon may become avaiable to buy at the market:the Jezail musket!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezail

litgher and less powerful (damage 35) than a flintlock one, but has more range?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 04:18:43 pm by misterx »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2019, 04:35:07 pm »
What has Fuso/Japan to do with the Jezail?

And I don't think we need another musket that won't be used any longer than the current ones.

For cheap/primitive machine guns we have the rotogun.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 04:36:43 pm by Rince Wind »

misterx

« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »
I don't know, but would  be nice if the quick dwar slots may be doubled, at least for any outfit, so tat a sword may carried along the belt, the pirate, rogue and swashbuckler one would be perfet for this. Example on an extract of the inventroy screen attached.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 28, 2019, 08:01:54 pm »
Ok. I've also noticed that when ground assaulting academy vehicles, 99% of time i encunter only airbuses, rarely the ambulance one. Please may the latter may land more frequently and and for some more long time?

Academy airbuses only show up for like the first month. I didn't even know ambulances COULD land, but since it only has a small engine there's no damage to the structure of the ship if you shoot it down. Their main purpose is to force relatively easy early game hideout defenses from what I can tell.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 28, 2019, 09:43:59 pm »
I have no idea if it's feasible, but I thought it would be nice to have a way to know directly in the tactical phase if an enemy is unknown or if it has already been dissected or if there would still be some things that an interrogation could bring for research.

I would have put that somewhere in the inventory page, the one you access when you click on the middle button on an enemy.

I'm sorry if this is too twisted a request and thanks in advance.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 28, 2019, 09:45:45 pm »
Those ambulances are also your only way to get to Dr. X.  If somehow they all miss your hideout and never do a hideout assault, you'll have to work towards getting craft weaponry to shoot them down and salvage them.

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 28, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »
I have no idea if it's feasible, but I thought it would be nice to have a way to know directly in the tactical phase if an enemy is unknown or if it has already been dissected or if there would still be some things that an interrogation could bring for research.

I would have put that somewhere in the inventory page, the one you access when you click on the middle button on an enemy.

I'm sorry if this is too twisted a request and thanks in advance.

Doesn't that exist already? If you middleclick again on the paperdoll you get the opponents stats. If you didn't research him at least once you don't get that page.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 29, 2019, 05:37:27 am »
It appears if you have researched whatever leads to the corpse, or the corpse itself.(Some corpses are on get one free lists) The live capture won't give you the click through from the paperdoll.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 29, 2019, 06:29:14 am »
You can also use this feature to find a certain robot in disguise, as its disguised form can never be researched.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2019, 03:20:46 pm »

No.

As for gunshots, please pay a look here:
https://it.audioblocks.com/royalty-free-audio/gunshot?search-origin=search_bar

usuful site for other sound effetcs and music. Moreover, to complete the ol' firearms family how about an ol' machinegun?

That site doesn't allow free DL's, you gotta subscribe and I don't subscribe to more sites than I absolutely need to.

A couple of candidates here,  a 1917 vickers machine gun, or a lewis gun, i happen to prefer the latter

Attributes suggestd: buyable at black market after unlucking the merchants. Damage 36 weight 14
Rifing sound: https://it.audioblocks.com/stock-audio/machine-gun-vickers-single-shot-close-perspective-rlz8de6huvsk0wxw0er.html

There is a light machinegun in the game already, which serves a similar role.

Edit: after unlocking "contracts: fuso" a new weapon may become avaiable to buy at the market:the Jezail musket!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezail

litgher and less powerful (damage 35) than a flintlock one, but has more range?

Not a bad idea, but it would require a whole new type of ammunition, also I don't have a sprite. That means lots of work for a weapon that has no feasible niche - what enemies would use these? Ninjas maybe? Hard to say.

misterx

« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2019, 03:26:21 pm »
No.

OK, but if we consider:

Those ambulances are also your only way to get to Dr. X.  If somehow they all miss your hideout and never do a hideout assault, you'll have to work towards getting craft weaponry to shoot them down and salvage them.

guess it is difficult than i thought to catch dr x

There is a light machinegun in the game already, which serves a similar role.

At least think about some renaming?

Not a bad idea, but it would require a whole new type of ammunition, also I don't have a sprite. That means lots of work for a weapon that has no feasible niche - what enemies would use these? Ninjas maybe? Hard to say.

Don't know if modify the current flintlock musket may be a good compromise, as for ammo just use the same flintlock balls sprite? Only a bit smaller :) yep ninjas may use these instead of regular musket
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 03:28:33 pm by misterx »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2019, 04:36:27 pm »
Don't know if modify the current flintlock musket may be a good compromise, as for ammo just use the same flintlock balls sprite? Only a bit smaller :) yep ninjas may use these instead of regular musket

Too similar would be confusing, also "modify current musket" still means "new sprite" I don't have.

misterx

« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2019, 04:48:22 pm »
Too similar would be confusing, also "modify current musket" still means "new sprite" I don't have.

Allright then...there would you go?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #479 on: November 29, 2019, 10:32:11 pm »
That's not a sprite, sprites are 32x48 max, 256 colors xcom palette.