aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 302338 times)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #360 on: April 20, 2019, 08:05:04 pm »
what about (fully) implementing the *Critical Hit* function, into xPiratez game ?

critical hit ~~ special kind, type of attack, respectively kind of hit, ~~especially for "cold weapons", all meelee weapons, and yet more especially for all kinds of knives, and daggers,

but also for (almost all) kinds of shoot´ing (fire, RANGED weapons, too

~~ for shoot, ranged weapons ~~ lets call it *headshot", and then implement it also in exactly such way too, (if gals shoots, hits the enemy directly into (middle of the) head =: critical hit, *headshot[/u]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:11:21 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 20, 2019, 09:05:44 pm »
There is such thing already. It's called "150% damage roll".

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #362 on: April 21, 2019, 04:55:14 pm »
"150% damage roll"  ~ and how it works?

ist there any ufopedia, piratez-wiki page about it?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:29:32 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 21, 2019, 05:30:52 pm »
There is a ufopedia entry about how guns can hit and do 0 damage, or hit and do extra damage. And the ufopedia entry about hotkeys, you can see the hotkey to see the results of an attack is CTRL H. Press it, and you can see the result
=>  miss
0     no damage
hit   normal damage
HIT! crit damage

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2019, 07:26:46 pm »
Every weapon (melee, explosion, or ranged) roll the dice each time it "hits". Most of the weapons have spread of 50%-150% which means that those weapon can deal that amount of damage (if they don't have special stat boost like sniper rifles which deal even more damage with higher firing skill).

Ol'Shotgun with birdshot is supposed to deal 18 damage with each pellet. Each pellet rolls the dice if it hits and can deal from 9 to 27 damage.

I don't think "HIT!" means something especially "critical". It probably simply means that shot took large amount of HP from the target, doesn't matter if it was 50% of power, or 150%.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 21, 2019, 11:44:51 pm »
I think most guns roll 0-200%, melee is "reliable" and does 50-150%.
Some guns are the exception to this rule, like, iirc, the heavy slugthrower.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 22, 2019, 01:50:21 am »
Honestly check the details on each weapon, there are so many modes, 0-200%(1 die), 0-200(2d100), 50-150, ect. Better to be sure then assume.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2019, 04:19:21 pm »
Technically it's not d100 (since it's impossible to roll a 0 on a die), it's d101-1.

As far as HIT! - I always thought it was those hits that did wounds (regardless of whether the given enemy can actually take wounds), compared to "hit!" for health-only damage.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 23, 2019, 05:05:28 pm »
While you do have a point about the relative availability of materials, the gyro autogun is not total outclassed by the smartgun, it might not get as much damage, but it is both more accurate(65%/70% vs 60%/60%) and longer base range in both snap and auto modes(22/22 vs 20/15), as well as marginally faster to fire.

The last upgrade of the autogun does have one unique ammo and in the right hands is one of the highest accuracy multi shot snap/rapid fire style guns.

Sweet, def gonna check it out.
On the same topic of stuff-that-may-have-been-implemented-in-the-new-version-that-I-haven't-tried-yet-which-then-makes-my-suggestions-meaningless, I wish we had a very large early game troop transport option, to take full advantage of the main perk of peasants and slave soldiers from early on. Sure, we get convoys, but they're so slow that you can't really use them for any of the more time sensitive missions (like landed craft and distress signals), and the skyranger is an excelent way of getting murdersploded out of a mission (has no front door, meaning a direct shot from any area of effect weapon will turn your soldiers into gibs). The first actualy good troop transport you get is the turtle, which is locked to some codexes.

Then again, these problems are likely intended. If you're gonna use massive amounts of cheap troops, might as well risk losing lots of them if you're willing to bring loads of them at once.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2019, 05:33:12 pm »
There's the zeppelin.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2019, 09:56:54 pm »
Well most missions, even crash sites don't expire with a craft en-route, so convoys usually do fine. Most of the timed exceptions are blocked for the craft anyway. The only frequent one is the air car race.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 03, 2019, 08:50:30 am »
You can buy guns from the Death Realms Arenas, but how about fighting in them?

!Arena Battles! (Requires Contacts: Death Realms Arenas.)
"I am Mondu the Fat, Ruler of the Death Realms Arenas. My audience has expressed an interest in your pirating efforts. As such, I humbly request that you participate in my games. Win, and I will guarantee you money and infamy. Lose, and... well, let's just say that getting trashed on live television isn't exactly a good look. I have only one rule. Unless otherwise stated, outside armor and weapons are forbidden.  You will have to make do with what we provide you, which may or may not be enough..."

Some examples of possible fights.

Arena: Renegade General
"This Govt General has gone rogue, taking his entire unit with him. A classic Human Vs Human gladiator match. Place your bets now. Outside Armor=No. Outside Weapons=No.

Arena: Sectogre Orgy
"It's Pirates Vs Sectogres in this arena match. Can our beautiful babes avoid the clutches of these well endowed and horny monsters? Outside Armor=No. Outside Weapons=No.

Arena: Wild Hunt
"The Pirates are going prehistoric today. They're hunting Megascorpions in the nude like the cavewomen of old... only they didn't have Laser guns. Outside Armor=No. Outside Weapons=Yes.

Arena: Chryssalid Carnage
"The Pirates are up against the most powerful beast genetic engineering has to offer... the terrifying Chryssalid! Can they destroy it and it's zombie hordes before they get added to the army of the undead? Outside Armor=No. Outside Weapons=No.

Arena: Ultimate Challenge
"A platoon of Marsec goons has come to challenge the Pirates. Mondu has permitted them to bring in the biggest, baddest guns they have... because they're gonna need them. Outside Armor=Yes. Outside Weapons=Yes.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #372 on: May 05, 2019, 06:13:46 pm »
Great ideas, now get to work! (or wait years until I have the time to do it myself, that is) ;)

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 05, 2019, 07:58:30 pm »
Great ideas, now get to work! (or wait years until I have the time to do it myself, that is) ;)
I wouldn't even know where to start.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2019, 12:57:07 am »
Sound somewhat simple, Basically all you need is a arena map, the rest of the assets need are already in game.

somewhere around these forums should be links to the map editing tools.