aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304820 times)

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2019, 07:57:50 pm »
How about the Marsec Minilauncher from XCOM:Apocalypse? This one handed low power missile launcher used to be one of my dual wielding weapons of choice.

Sent with my ZAX 1.2

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2019, 08:30:43 pm »
We already have a few minilaunchers, for example the shoulder launcher.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2019, 10:17:21 pm »
It'd be cool to see the eurosyndicate more developed and fleshed out in the future versions. Fighting cyborg corporate agents using high tech weapons ala Syndicate and Syndicate wars would be great, and it wouldn't take that much new stuff to make it happen, since there's already a healthy dose of eurosyndicate weapons in the game. It could work as an alternate way to get your hand on eurosyndicate weapons, other than the contract.
Why even take the deal if you get markslaser just for contacts. Lock it up behind the deal.

niculinux

« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2019, 03:51:21 pm »
Piratez need a lot of things but another basic bitch firearm with slighly different stats is not one of them. Hell, some of the high end Marsec guns don’t even show in the game, despite them having code and sprites and everythign since forever.

Agree, for some more of such "realism" there is openxcom files :)

It'd be cool to see the eurosyndicate more developed and fleshed out in the future versions. Fighting cyborg corporate agents using high tech weapons ala Syndicate and Syndicate wars would be great, and it wouldn't take that much new stuff to make it happen, since there's already a healthy dose of eurosyndicate weapons in the game. It could work as an alternate way to get your hand on eurosyndicate weapons, other than the contract.

I'd tell the same for the laslock coporation, pheraphs a couple of bootypedia articles would be fine  8)

Why even take the deal if you get markslaser just for contacts. Lock it up behind the deal.

laslock marklaser may be a suitable name for a laslock musket.  :)

You're really boring, Linux.

Tha't my trademark! Jockes aside, a nice alternative sprite for the ramshackle rifle i made here, pheraps needs some modifications.

*OICW"

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective_Individual_Combat_Weapon )

I would reeeally suit very very well :)

Alternatively, as new ramshackle sprite rifle, a good idea may be to modify the Galil AR sprite on openxocm file forum  :)

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2019, 05:20:43 pm »
As much as I like ideas like the OICW and rifles with grenade launchers, I don't think there's a good way to add them to openxcom, since its essentialy one gun with two different kinds of shots, and AFAIK, there's no way to use two different kinds of ammo on the same weapon.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2019, 06:55:19 pm »
As much as I like ideas like the OICW and rifles with grenade launchers, I don't think there's a good way to add them to openxcom, since its essentialy one gun with two different kinds of shots, and AFAIK, there's no way to use two different kinds of ammo on the same weapon.

It's possible with OXCE, but kinda wonky GUI-wise and therefore it's not used in Piratez.

niculinux

« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2019, 07:07:17 pm »

Well a lookalike weapon like OICW may fine; it has a very futuristic look, and who says that it has to have a grenade launcher attached? ;)

As for suitable convoy battlescape sprites substitutes, please look here, especially the second page yummy!!!

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »
http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung&tbm=isch&q=Ninth+Gate&chips=q:ninth+gate,online_chips:engravings&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQkK3kzL7gAhUR26QKHTzeDYQQ4lYILigA&biw=320&bih=508&dpr=1.5

..definately xPiratez need (would be fitting into whole UfoXCom universe) some mystery, devil'ish,  occult,  diabolo, still smart ~~  *Ninth Gate*  theme, and such Quest...

http://fidcal.com/Ninth%20Gate/  ~~  *Ninth Gate*  theme, and i suggest exactly same  such .."Quest...,  as was Iin that movie (and Arturo~Perez~Reverte'  book, novel  ~~ search, and find 1 or few rare books, (or litographies),  which will be then needed, as necessary prerequisities, for "conjuring, invoke the "demon"
( "conjuring the Kreegan(s)" )

https://youtu.be/6HRQkXvw2I4

..also,  whole that occult things, topic w. Devil resembles me a bit ~~ yap!, Kreegans, aliens evils race, from Might&Magic^ classic old-school rpg-Serie' "Kreegans", aliens, abit aggressive, conquering race.. from very distant stars..

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:37:20 am by LytaRyta »

niculinux

« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2019, 10:07:36 pm »
I'd humbly ask; a it more of coherence: crackdowns on piratez base should be lead by enemies player he had dealt before and/or have hurt, not factions that were not encountered before, that would be nice especially for the dark ones, unless player has researhed/done something to activate their presence; and i've noticed they always are more numerous than he other attackers, as in "nightmare" difficult in real doom!!? :o

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2019, 11:30:29 pm »
I'd humbly ask; a it more of coherence: crackdowns on piratez base should be lead by enemies player he had dealt before and/or have hurt, not factions that were not encountered before, that would be nice especially for the dark ones, unless player has researhed/done something to activate their presence; and i've noticed they always are more numerous than he other attackers, as in "nightmare" difficult in real doom!!? :o

That just happens (On the first 18-24 months) with the major factions. The minors ones, like dark ones, ratman, etc, tend to be marauders, and as such, they are looking for places to plunder. I think is kind of coherent right now. Major factions should not bother with another band of outlaws, but minors are all the time trying to find a place to take advantage of it.

niculinux

« Reply #295 on: February 17, 2019, 11:16:59 am »
That just happens (On the first 18-24 months) with the major factions. The minors ones, like dark ones, ratman, etc, tend to be marauders, and as such, they are looking for places to plunder. I think is kind of coherent right now. Major factions should not bother with another band of outlaws, but minors are all the time trying to find a place to take advantage of it.

I know; but since the dark ones are not just ordinary ones - come from hell or supposedly from another dimension -  their assaults should be more rare; or at least involving some particular actions from the player. That's all :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 17, 2019, 11:20:00 am »
Why?

niculinux

« Reply #297 on: February 17, 2019, 06:35:06 pm »
Why?

Alrady noted https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5821.msg110260.html#msg110260 At least right now seems that Deep Ones are appearing as soon as Sea Transport topic is researched, i really wish im not wrong.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 17, 2019, 07:03:21 pm »
You don't care about it if you met them before, you just go out and loot and pillage. So why shouldn't others do the same?

niculinux

« Reply #299 on: February 17, 2019, 07:19:02 pm »
You don't care about it if you met them before, you just go out and loot and pillage. So why shouldn't others do the same?

BUt daark ones are just a common huma riff-raff, at least i think, they spawn from nowhere; there shoud be something special regarding them :-\