aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304673 times)

niculinux

Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2019, 01:44:30 pm »
The pieces from this pack which I liked are already included.
Gotit, i don't lose any hope to see a couple more tracks; for bith geoscape and battlescape mode. Over and out  :)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2019, 10:38:28 pm »
just 1quick & sudden idea - that *Professor Moriarty´s   "sniper rifle",  from Sherlock Holmes, (mostly from thet 1986 -tv-series, today´s time.s already older tv-show.. )

the powerful air gun with extended barrel, a silenced air rifle

https://www.google.com/search?q=professor+moriarty%C2%B4s+sniper+rifle

https://www.google.com/search?q=professor+moriarty%C2%B4s+sniper+rifle&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi41Kz97ZjgAhWCPFAKHdkEDgoQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1440&bih=745

In "The Empty House", Holmes states that Moriarty had commissioned a powerful air gun with extended barrel, a silenced air rifle that fired revolver bullets from a blind German mechanic surnamed von Herder, which was used by Moriarty's employee/acolyte Colonel Moran. It closely resembled a cane, allowing for easy concealment, was capable of firing revolver bullets at long range, and made very little noise when fired, making it ideal for sniping.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:35:21 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2019, 11:12:59 pm »
just 1quick & sudden idea - that *Professor Moriarty´s   "sniper rifle,  from Sherlock Holmes, (mostly from the, today already older,  1986 -tv-series )

How is it different from other sniper rifles?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2019, 10:35:32 pm »
the powerful air gun with extended barrel, a silenced air rifle

https://www.google.com/search?q=professor+moriarty%C2%B4s+sniper+rifle

https://www.google.com/search?q=professor+moriarty%C2%B4s+sniper+rifle&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi41Kz97ZjgAhWCPFAKHdkEDgoQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1440&bih=745

In "The Empty House", Holmes states that Moriarty had commissioned a powerful air gun with extended barrel, a silenced air rifle that fired revolver bullets from a blind German mechanic surnamed von Herder, which was used by Moriarty's employee/acolyte Colonel Moran. It closely resembled a cane, allowing for easy concealment, was capable of firing revolver bullets at long range, and made very little noise when fired, making it ideal for sniping.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2019, 10:55:29 pm »
Hmmm... In Piratez it would probably work underwater... :o

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2019, 08:22:20 am »
I have an odd desire to battle Inklings from Splatoon. They'll even have their Splattershots, which now inflict Acid damage. Even have a Bootypedia entry for them.

Interrogation
"These diminutive humanoids were brought to Earth by the Stellar Empire, as low ranking servants and warriors. However, one day, they discovered the gift of music, which caused them to turn on the Star Gods. They now attempt to acclimate to Earth culture, spreading their music and trendy fashion sense. They arm themselves largely with the Splattershot, a weapon of their own design, though finding an Inkling with surplus Plasma weaponry from their time with the Stellar Empire is not unheard of."

Autopsy
"The Inkling is a semi-gelatinous being, having no bones and few vital organs. Its body is made of some sort of strange multicolored goop that is immensely toxic to all living things. It could theoretically assume any form it wants but only exhibits two in battle, a squid form for rapid movement, and a humanoid form for the use of weaponry. The goop comprising it's body could be harvested for all sorts of purposes, such as ammunition for their Splattershot weapons.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:13:09 am by LytaRyta »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:14 pm »
Personally, I'd like more ways to mess with your slave soldiers, specially now you can get them from the start. I feel that there's not much point to use them atm other than avoiding large costs with soldier ranks. Right now the very best thing you can get out of using slave soldiers is the testudo armor, which is amazing, but mostly a late game kind of thing, and the extra psi strenght isn't that substantial. While you can mess with gals to turn them into repentia and whatnot, maybe you could use zombie juice to turn slave soldiers into zombie troopers, pump them full of chems and engineered biomass to turn them into massive musclebound monsters (possibly using the brute sprite), turn them into strong psi wizards that literally explode upon death, etc.

Would be cool to recruit slave beastmen, too, if just to watch their brains explode the second a star god looks at them funny.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:06:29 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2019, 11:41:50 am »

niculinux

« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2019, 06:10:59 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a94mNfmZ1gc

A sling may be a good idea; basically a bow with less range and concussion damage!

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2019, 12:32:25 am »
another idea ~~ (thermo)nuclear, /respectively fussion reactor -

- big one, for whole base..

-small enought, (very) mobile, - for ships, tanks, vehicles,

!!! -- or even thats biggest, top-tier power-armor!  !!!
!!!

( -~~> https://cdr.cz/clanek/americka-armada-chce-male-mobilni-jaderne-reaktory-prepravi-je-obri-letoun-c-17  hehe

it seems all my ideas are based on such webzines articles, from,/about technics, sciencies, /technologiies.. ;P :d  lôl  )
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:34:27 am by LytaRyta »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2019, 01:49:08 am »
Those look like they have crawled  right out of T'leth.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6630.0;attach=40369;image

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2019, 11:14:57 pm »
..and what about give to Gals the motorbike? (motorcycle)?,
as such light "vehicle's

heh, it is such "hard~rockish, alike ^Lisbeth Salander'

motorbike ~ ligh, such Kawasaki,
or amybe heavy Harley~Davidson..

niculinux

« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2019, 08:45:09 pm »
If everybody agree; some sprites may be lent from the 40k mod, for instance here, in the second screenshot, the first brown one from the right on the ground i think is a really nice one, may be used for a laslock musket?(a more economics version of jack's self-loading laser rifle, but with 5 shots 32 damage - less than the laslock pistol - but with wider range; although it resembles me a b.a.r. ).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:58:49 pm by niculinux »

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:59 am »
Some weapon ideas I had.

Lucky Star (bounty prize, likely from Zaxx)
1x2, Wt 6/9
Snap, 27% TUs, 77% accuracy

Star Clip (1x1), 7 rounds, 14 Piercing damage
Star Gold Clip (1x1), 7 rounds, 20 Piercing damage (requires research, Gemcraft, and Alchemy?)

Inflicts 0-1000% of the ammo's listed damage.

"The weapon of choice for high stakes gamblers, who, not coincidentally, are among the only people capable of affording it. Despite firing low powered ammunition, it has been known to kill Power Armored soldiers in a single hit."

Splattershot (Pilfered from enemies)
2x2, Wt 8/12
Snap, 25% TUs, 75% accuracy
Aimed, 55% TUs, 110% accuracy
Auto (x5), 50% TUs, 45% accuracy

Ink Tank (1x2), 20 rounds, 50 poison damage
Venom Ink Tank (1x2), 20 rounds, 85 poison damage (must be researched)
Hypervenom Ink Tank (1x2), 20 rounds, 140 poison damage (needs more research than the Venom Ink Tank)

"This weapon was built by (and is used almost exclusively by) the Inkling race, it fires highly toxic blobs of ink at enemies. Inflicts massive damage against unprotected flesh, but has difficulty penetrating armor (Enemy armor is 150% of its normal strength against this weapon), and is completely useless against tanks or other robotic life forms.

Pack Laser (Built and researched by the Pirates, early energy weapon)
1x3, Wt 20/50/25
Snap, 30% TUs, 72% accuracy
Aimed, 65% TUs, 105% accuracy

Pack Laser Backpack (2x3), 255 rounds, 48 Laser damage
Pack Laser Battery (1x2), 25 rounds, 48 laser damage (requires Laser Weapon Batteries)

"We know how those fancy laser weapons are built, but not how to build them ourselves. We figured we would change that. The Pack Laser employs minimal use of exotic components, although this does come at the cost of making the gun large and quite bulky. The biggest hurdle (and namesake of the weapon), was figuring out how to power it. All attempts at developing a battery for this weapon have failed, so instead, we effectively made a Small Ship Engine into a backpack and hooked the Pack Laser up to it. It weighs a ton, but on the bright side, you don't have to worry about carrying spare ammunition."