26 (16%)
Grey
68 (42%)
Gold
21 (13%)
None - they are all equal.
18 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Codex Popularity Poll  (Read 109496 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Popularity Poll
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2018, 04:08:41 am »
we did have the bonny way back when, but the bonny is not the whole reason green is new player friendly. Extra "free" gals, best medic armor, bio/pestulator armor,ect

KZad Bhat

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2018, 11:21:52 am »
I think he means as the first vessel, rather than as the Codex vessel. And yes, it was about a year ago. Bonaventura and 9 gals, somewhere around E or F. The first version I played was this one, and the very next update Dioxine went back down to 6 and the Airbus. Though impressions I'd gotten was the 9 gals was a recent increase, but the Bonaventura was much further back into the history.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2018, 11:45:52 am »
Can someone explain to me which of the items provided by the choice are unique; in that you cannot elsewhere acquire the same, equivalent or better items?

I'm guessing the menace-class is unique and you only ever get the one, but are there generally better ships to be had later in the game?

What about the other items?

And can you unlock schools of VooDoo only through codex choice?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2018, 12:44:04 pm »
Can someone explain to me which of the items provided by the choice are unique; in that you cannot elsewhere acquire the same, equivalent or better items?

I'm guessing the menace-class is unique and you only ever get the one, but are there generally better ships to be had later in the game?

What about the other items?

And can you unlock schools of VooDoo only through codex choice?

That's kind of a big question.  This is a little outdated but it's still fairly accurate https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Tiny_Drill_(Piratez) 

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2018, 01:05:34 pm »
I read it already, several times over in fact, but unfortunately it all doesn't tell me much, and there are no other wiki articles (other than on vehicles) to explain it. Which of these items are useful or strong in ways that other items can not provide? For which of these items are there no substitutes outside their codex?

And are you locked into the VooDoo schools you choose with the drill, or can you get others later on?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2018, 01:29:47 pm »
Yeah the voodoo schools are based on codex choice and you're locked in once you pick one.  It's kind of hard to give any solid advice in this area since it really depends on your play style to determine the usefulness of any of the codex gear.  Like for example the red codex gives access to the blood axe which is awesome, especially in the hands of a Syn, but if you're adverse to smacking things with melee weapons then it's not going to be any use to you.  Overall though there's no bad choice, I switch which codex I use every game.

I'm not trying to be coy or anything, most of this stuff is personal preference and they're all useful in their own way.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2018, 09:03:09 pm »
I can tell you that the Red Codex gives you the highest capacity vessel from the hull you start with, as well is the most heavily armed and armored. The Gray Codex's ship is the only one of the four that can go into space, and gives you a space suit out of everything, too. Other than that, I don't know, those are the only two I've used, and I picked Red first because, well, destruction. And Metallo.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2018, 09:14:05 pm »
Are you sure about the space suit? I think gold gives those. If you already had one with grey it might have been from a warehouse mission.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2018, 10:47:39 pm »
Picked Red because RIP AND TEAR etc.

Thanks for all the advice!

KZad Bhat

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2018, 11:04:23 pm »
I thought it was gray, that's why I was picking gray the last few times.

Oh, but as I'm typing, I remember that's actually been an issue brought up! Fortuna is the only Menacing Hull vessel to go to space, and gold is the one to give space suits! That's right. And still hasn't been reconciled, and maybe Dioxine doesn't intend to. Or intends possibly to reconcile with academy inefficiency.

Offline Shrugger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2018, 10:10:17 am »
I thought Grey was wizardry and stealth?

KZad Bhat

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2018, 10:58:26 am »
It has the greatest VooDoo as well, but the Fortuna is also the only one of the Codex vessels to go into space. Although I think this game I'm going back to Red.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2018, 01:49:02 pm »
I thought it was gray, that's why I was picking gray the last few times.

Oh, but as I'm typing, I remember that's actually been an issue brought up! Fortuna is the only Menacing Hull vessel to go to space, and gold is the one to give space suits! That's right. And still hasn't been reconciled, and maybe Dioxine doesn't intend to. Or intends possibly to reconcile with academy inefficiency.

Yes the "Fortuna" can go to space and has no space suits BUT the golden codex and the space-suits kinda balance the 2 choices out.
While the fortuna has space for 13 people to go to the O-G missions, none of them have space-suits so you've 13 capsule-troopers stuck to the in-built nitro-gun and med-pack.

The golden codex offer you space-suits and something like the "Bravewhaler" is able to do the space-missions. Depending on how brave you are you can try to go with 2 troopers in space-suits with FULL INVENTORY ACCESS and try your luck. Risky but more flexible. Space-suits can drop during Warehouse raids too.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2018, 04:43:42 pm »
I think this poll lacks the option of none.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2018, 04:57:58 pm »
I think this poll lacks the option of none.

Do you mean to say that potentially they're all equal in strength?
Makes sense.