aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676692 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56)
« Reply #2010 on: March 22, 2023, 01:20:04 pm »
Probably small miscommunication between me and Meridian, when I was fixing hanging of `unlockFinalMission` (now you can unset it too)
I decide to handle duplication as hard error where Meridian prefer it as only as warining. I will update it in next version to be only warning.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 22, 2023, 05:16:07 pm »
Yeah, it seems a bit more complicated than I thought again.
We will both review it again, decide what's best and let you know.

The fix mentioned by Nord should however be implemented regardless of the outcome.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 27, 2023, 11:01:56 am »
Just a quick question:

When I was enabling this mod yesterday I noticed that "Aggressive Retaliation" is among the things force-disabled in this Mod.
I'd like to know what the rationale behind this is, as I'd otherwise have wanted to play with it enabled.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 27, 2023, 10:05:33 pm »
Because this mod not only adds new, but changes existing alien races. So, agressive retaliations will not work properly.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56) Adding terrains
« Reply #2014 on: April 06, 2023, 05:22:31 pm »
High
I found Terrain expansion for TFTD with some new terrains
I accomplish to  inject part of it (Mountain Terrain ) into TWOTS .

I recommend it to try out -  playing experience is  great due to increased variety of underwater missions.

I considered as well to increase variety of  mutants mission by borrowing some terrain from  xcom1 and especially its terrain expansion mods, but maybe later.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56) finished on veeran thoughs
« Reply #2015 on: April 06, 2023, 05:57:12 pm »
I finished first playout of this great mod.

According to my experience and expectation 
  - Disruptor Ammo  - too powerfull -- reduced blast radius to  9
  - Sonic pulsers      - too powerfull -- reduced blast radius to  5     
  - Micro torpedos   - great for fun  -- incresing wayponts to 3 make them more usable
                               - missing acid variation
  - armory               - great and nice  map
  - Nagas                 - as mentioned bellow they deserve much more variety in ranks
  - Abyssians           - nice story improvement
  - alien dungeon    - quite hard mission  - however keep it as it is
  - hybrid subs        - are very soon replaced by  latest subs
  - usos                   - in my opinion Big subs should be more challenging 
                                  ( I even considered to alter  base defense mission to  heavy cruiser  and no commander)
                              - great experience with increased  interiors variety

- final mission      - adding challenging prerequisite  FREAK COMMANDER  that  can be only captured in Armored dreadnought (4 level high sub)  , that never lands and so must be shoot down

- TLETH map    - 1st     floor  Great
                         -  2nd   floor  May be more  aliens (but may be SH will make it more challenging)
                          - 3rd   floor  Adding Ancient tentaculats (more HP and armor and  little less TU , adding slightly better armor for Guardians in this mission)
  -  protobiont     - dead end research that  unlock nothing                     

I experimented with some minor modding   -and gained much more fun from it
  - Buff Naga in own unique  way 
         (Guards and Lords - more HP , strength and  better armor )
         (Sorcerrer   better reactions, accuracy  and MC capabilities)
  - buffing Abyssians 
        (vulnerable just to acid and partly stun and HE)
  -  buffing  Calcinites Proto form
       (vulnerable just to fire and little stun and HE)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 14, 2023, 11:10:24 am »
Something that struck me as a bit weird was that I had a rather advanced weapon in the beginning but no UfoPedia-Entry for them. It is also odd since other weapons that you have at the beginning of TFTD but not Twots first need to be unlocked.

So you basically start with harpoons and this weapon (I think it was either gas-cannon or aquajet-cannon).

I think this might be an oversight and they shouldn't be available right at the start but instead unlocked by some tech down the line.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 14, 2023, 04:41:03 pm »
Something that struck me as a bit weird was that I had a rather advanced weapon in the beginning but no UfoPedia-Entry for them. It is also odd since other weapons that you have at the beginning of TFTD but not Twots first need to be unlocked.

So you basically start with harpoons and this weapon (I think it was either gas-cannon or aquajet-cannon).

I think this might be an oversight and they shouldn't be available right at the start but instead unlocked by some tech down the line.

You're correct that you can purchase Aqua-Jet Cannons at start and there isn't a ufopedia article for them. You get the ufopedia entry when you research Heavy Aquatic Weapons. Looking at Items.rul, I think this is a bug and STR_HYDRO_JET_CANNON and other related definions are missing "requiresBuy: [STR_NEVER]", i.e., you shouldn't be able to purchase it at all, just produce it after researching heavy aquatic weapons.

I never personally paid attention to this because I have never found any use for those weapons (I always rush the other weapons, starting with ADS, then X-rifles then Gas Cannons and jet harpoons with SC ammo; laser rifles come at some point but they are preferable to X-rifles only in a few scenarios. The only weakness with this approach is combat in the close quarters early on, but I have always managed).

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 14, 2023, 10:06:33 pm »
You're correct that you can purchase Aqua-Jet Cannons at start and there isn't a ufopedia article for them. You get the ufopedia entry when you research Heavy Aquatic Weapons. Looking at Items.rul, I think this is a bug and STR_HYDRO_JET_CANNON and other related definions are missing "requiresBuy: [STR_NEVER]", i.e., you shouldn't be able to purchase it at all, just produce it after researching heavy aquatic weapons.

I never personally paid attention to this because I have never found any use for those weapons (I always rush the other weapons, starting with ADS, then X-rifles then Gas Cannons and jet harpoons with SC ammo; laser rifles come at some point but they are preferable to X-rifles only in a few scenarios. The only weakness with this approach is combat in the close quarters early on, but I have always managed).

You can fix it manually by putting this at the begin of ITEMS.RUL
  - delete: STR_HYDRO_JET_CANNON
  - delete: STR_HJC_AP_AMMO
  - delete: STR_HJC_HE_AMMO
  - delete: STR_HJC_P_AMMO

Hydro JET is bulky and heavy-  however with auto-shot  and HE or ZRBBITE bolts you can  do good area damage  (I missed aimed-shot for this weapon, but  can be easily added by modding)

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56) New USO
« Reply #2019 on: April 14, 2023, 10:28:50 pm »
High I tried design new USO (3 different interiors variants included)
 - the idea is shielded fast  durable killer with strong CREW
 -  I experimented with  relative complex interior with lots of ZRBITE and ACCELERATORS however with pre-primed SONIC PULSERS (so you need to be quick to gain something more  from landing)
 -  In deploy there are two pods of terrorist so  the mission is challenging

in zip are maps/routes and  extracted parts of modified rulesets

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 17, 2023, 09:26:01 am »
Interesting. And when do you think it will spawn?

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 17, 2023, 11:54:56 am »
Interesting. And when do you think it will spawn?
It is my first try , so I am experimenting yet. However I managed to  include it in existing waves (for testing purpose)

The intention is that in late game the USOs are simply to weak.  (even DEEP angel armed with oscilators or even gaus cannons can shoot Dreadnought)
I am now trying  to figure out how to spawn this ship for three different purposes
 - research mission with three medium landings (may by  like from 5th month when you need  lot of zrbite and are ready to fight in USO mission with lots of terrorists tasoth/tentacullat ]
 - retaliation when artefact site or  base is destroyed  (many way points around bases with large hunter killer radius)
 - as a mobile hideout for high ranked alien that is located in middle chamber with lot of timed explosives  (rather die than surrender)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 22, 2023, 03:17:13 pm »
Code: [Select]
#
# metadata.yaml for TWoTS

name: "The world of (terrifying) silence"
version: 2.56
description: "Expansion of TFTD. OXCE not included."
author: Nord
id: TWoTS
requiredExtendedVersion: "7.8"
reservedSpace: 3

isMaster: false
master: xcom2
loadResources:
  - TFTD

@Nord: Please remove the `loadResources: - TFTD` entry from the metadata.yml file.

This attribute is intended for top-level masters only (xcom1, xcom2, etc.)
Not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.) don't need it; and it can cause some file load order issues.
Normal mods (e.g. twots, fmp, etc.) also don't need it and the game alredy ignores it... but please remove them so that other modders don't copy it from your mod by accident.

In OXCE v7.9, the game will automatically ignore it also for not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 03:21:21 pm by Meridian »

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 23, 2023, 01:12:06 pm »
In OXCE v7.9, the game will automatically ignore it also for not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.).

Where i can download OXCE 7.9 ?

latest available version here is only 7.8.19

https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/Extended

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 23, 2023, 01:15:37 pm »
It hasn't been released yet, first I need to write all the documentation, update wikis, ruleset validators, etc.