Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 677272 times)

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.40)
« Reply #1440 on: March 30, 2020, 10:14:01 pm »
Gauss and sonic weapons are the most effective against charcharodons.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 30, 2020, 10:57:12 pm »
Gauss and sonic weapons are the most effective against charcharodons.
Ok, but if I don't have them, same Navigator problem as always, will acid do at least 90% damage or not? Or should I use explosives rounds, include zrbite powered? What those numbers exactly means? Debug shows them as damage modifiers, but there is no damage modifiers for explosives. Will then they do 100% damage?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 31, 2020, 03:58:56 am »
Yes, unmarked resistances equal to 100%, what means full damsge.
And no, resistances not only affect armor, but damage too. So it would be:
5/50*100-20.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 31, 2020, 11:23:16 am »
Thank you for explanation, Nord. Today I first time for very long play experience lost Turtle tank shooting close to him with explosives rounds. I has low health killed Naga on land inside supply ship and destroyed itself. Was really surprised. Is this new OXCE feature? I haven't saw it before. Difficulty affection?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 31, 2020, 01:40:43 pm »
Thank you for explanation, Nord. Today I first time for very long play experience lost Turtle tank shooting close to him with explosives rounds. I has low health killed Naga on land inside supply ship and destroyed itself. Was really surprised. Is this new OXCE feature? I haven't saw it before. Difficulty affection?
Not really understand. You fire explosive rounds in close combat? Then why you surprised of explosion? Or you mean something else?

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 31, 2020, 02:33:26 pm »
Erm... you can not acquire valuable results by avoiding complicate missions. It is a rule number 1. Equip explosives, smoke grenades and torpedo launchers, take vibro blades or at least hooks and go get some seafood. If  you will fear anything, invasion will not spare you.
I tried an artifact mission, where Shark guys negate direct hits from Gas Cannon...
and 6 of them wiped my whole squad inside Poseidon by throwing grenades, shooting Sonic Cannons during a turn.
Still can't find a navigator...all the medium ships I found are infested with Gill Men.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:49:39 pm by MeaslyTpod »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 31, 2020, 02:50:12 pm »
I used Turtle tank equipped with 12 explosives rounds. Shooted with 2 tiles far from me to enemy. Usually I never encountered this effect before. Their armor never damage if they shoot close to themselves. May be it was some zrbite tiles which exploded? Really strange. Let me provide screenshot where it happened:

4 red tiles for my tank and 1 small for Naga.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:07:43 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 31, 2020, 03:07:00 pm »
I tried an artifact mission, where Shark guys negate direct hits from Gas Cannon...
and 6 of them wiped my whole squad inside Poseidon by throwing grenades, shooting Sonic Cannons during a turn.
Still can't find a navigator...all the medium ships I found are infested with Gill Men.
Ouch I hate them too, I just got one alive Navigator exactly from them, but after month where they send only small ships. Finally few medium shows up and  with one of them I almost fail. Fucking Navigator get panicked but next turn opened door of Triton and threw grenade inside. 2 people left and somehow scout drone survived too. Jeez... hate this. Because I lost bunch of equipment which need reproduce. It's bothering me more than losing soldiers. 70 technicians still produce it slow. Doing very large now... Octs.... Staying in ship and slow waiting while Octs come close to it to kill them first. Almost all guys already panicked because of MC. As for you, sir, do you have MC reader? if yes, use it to check where is Navigator, to prevent kill him. Nord already explained what ammo works against them. Don't hesitate to use phosphorous rounds - they deal fire wounds to them, so they bleeding out and lose morale fast. Acid only produce 90% damage and clip size quite low, but they shoots as hitscans without projectile risk of heavy explosion  as gas cannons.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 31, 2020, 03:56:15 pm »
Why do you take stunned alien to the craft? Was your idea to take off leaving site? If not - you can just shot once or twice in a body on the ground, using stun darts. It will persuade him not to stand up.

4 red tiles for my tank and 1 small for Naga.
Dont know what happens. No savefile left?

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 31, 2020, 04:02:42 pm »
Ok, thanks guys, I have to focus on battles rather than past failures...well thankfully I have 1 MCreader.
I already retreated from an artifact mission so try the next month that is October?
Somehow no MCreader was recovered from medium ships, I wonder where I got one, maybe from cruise/cargo ship.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 31, 2020, 04:22:18 pm »
Dont know what happens. No savefile left?
Sorry Nord, nope, doing Ironman mode now =) Enjoying alien weakness strategy =) I'll (or may be you're if you have time for that) try to reproduce it in New Battle mode, using debug and moving targets around, if I encounter it again, I'll post any save files (and) or useful info. It's may be rare bug.
P.S.
Failed on dreadnought. Managed killed 3 Octs but they wiped out my tank, one guy left ship and I just aborted, +75 score anyway, bad thing what I still need it for Biolab progress, but good what Magnetic navigation research on the way now =)
P.P.S.
Hate cruise ship with no hideout. Sharks came out with biodrones.  Instant abort. No thanks. Can't deal with them yet. Am I coward? Even if I'm, -500 better than wipe not prepared.
P.P.P.S.
Coward strategy on Superhuman :)

Five Nagas has surrended =) But no commander because I've killed him. No MC Reader on the base which I used for dreadnought. But most important what researches can go next now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:27:42 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 01, 2020, 01:34:09 am »
I finally found a medium ship with Aquatoid and successfully captured a navigator, yay, it's middle of September.
So the point is to challenge tough enemies with less powerful weapons like Khimtar Blackbox Mission?

Does anybody know where to farm M.C.Reader btw?
I only have 1 and am currently inside an alien barge, can't find others at all.
Mind Control isn't a big problem once you know who is susceptible to Mind Control, compared to the rarity of M.C.Reader/Navigator.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:36:07 am by MeaslyTpod »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 01, 2020, 03:10:56 am »
Not 100% sure, but MC Readers random loot (if you not explode them with gas cannons or grenades) on any land terror missions include both Port and Island, Cruise and Cargo ships plus Antarctica mission too.  Artifact site has enemies with MC Readers too. Not quite remember now large or very large USO has MC Readers or not. Barge has too. But I think it's dependence on race of enemies who you fighting. Need check .rul files, or wait for Nord reply. You might fully clean the house but not get them. And missing them block the research line. But don't worry as soon as you research it and even lose it, you won't stuck. You can't just check enemies ranks and TUs.

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 02, 2020, 02:36:29 am »
I just beat a barge with Aquatoid and acquired 4 M.C.Reader, hooray.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 02, 2020, 03:27:01 pm »
-3500 for aborting Tsunami generator mission? You forcing lose game again? It's impossible to nullify with other missions. Way too harsh. I haven't saw any Jelly guys yet and this stupid mission pops up? Great. Why not add -10000000000000000000000000000 already? They should have alternatives not forced game other with missions like that.