Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676828 times)

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.34)
« Reply #1155 on: November 29, 2019, 10:06:29 pm »
2) "fishfood" that replace the rank "seaman" is kinda offensive i think , though funny, how about to replace with the vanilla one?

"fishbait" maybe ;)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 30, 2019, 07:55:10 am »
to misterx:
1. Yep. Not much difference though. Will fix. If not forget...
2. Meridian call them so in his letsplay. I liked. Also renamed russian string.
3. Thanks, will fix.
4. Not try to win all fights. Learn to withdraw. Polyphs are allready well nerfed.
5. I think it is normal. Like most kills alien do from reaction shots.
6. Nah, thanks. Existing one is better to my taste.

Offline greenking13

• Squaddie
  • I could have shot them, but decided to die instead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 30, 2019, 11:58:43 pm »
Hello Nord, I'm back with more things! And more griping! (but you can mainly ignore that, I'm just salty.)

Let's start off with a few saves. (And hoping I correctly remember what the bugs were.) As always, the saves are in SH/IM, change that how you can for bug checking.

ArmorTear.sav: Concerns the Advanced Bionic Armor and that if you are going diagonally up (So straight up on your screen) you can see some pixels in the top right of the moving character that are not transparent. Not a big deal, but it's a thing I noticed.

IncorrectNoLineofFire.sav: This is a bit of a weirder one and while I do feel like I should have this shot onto the ghost, since if I recall correctly shooting isn't taken from the center of mass but is offset onto the side which holds the gun, but that's not what this is about. Try to fire with MGS Zuzana and when it blinks what's blocking your shot, look at what all it's saying is blocking the shot. Somehow not only is the wall in front of her blocking her shot, but also part of the farthest top cryopod AND the wall past that pod is blocking the shot. I felt that was weird enough to warrant a glance at.

WhatAreWalls.sav: Last of the saves themselves, we have the one in which somehow I can see an enemy through a hole in a wall, but can't shoot them, can't see the area surrounding them (not that surprising) and I have this weird fpslook of MGS Milan's LoS. (Next Attachment) Curiously enough, the walls don't seem to actually exist, which makes me wonder if there is a bug pertaining to using a DPL bomb on the artefact mission site on these walls in which the wall that remains isn't properly coded. (Not your issue, but base game I believe.)

The rest are images and questions I have. (If I can remember the context of them.) Oh, and as a heads up, I believe that ArmorTear and IncorrectNoLineofFire were both made in the 33F version, but after testing in the 34 version, they do still seem to exist.

fpslook002.png: While not readily visible, the soldier can somehow see the head of a naga inside of a downed USO due to the fact that the roof is missing. I was wondering if somehow Nagas are slightly taller than 1 tile, or if instead the wall is somehow lower than one tile. Or is it possible that the naga is standing on something inside the downed USO that is slightly elevating his height? Also, skip down to Screen114.png for a normal view of what's being seen. Forgot I had this.

(Not an image) Btw, I like what you've done with the Triscene weapons. Also, fuck you. I was not expecting a dinosaur with a flamethrower. That group wasn't ready. Good job.

Screen105.png: Not going to lie, I don't remember the context one bit. But I think I saved this due to the fact that it's missing the front window. I think this USO was one of the shielded ones, and I'm curious if the lack of a window is due to them being able to molecularly see through walls or something.

Screen108.png: So... this was my one and so far only Jellyman Outpost Defense and I noticed there were civilians down here with us before I noped away from those probing octopi. Really wishing you could carry 2x2 enemies somehow because I really need them for my next MC research. Anyways, are the civies meant to be in that mission? It feels like they really shouldn't be.

On the topic of so far one and only missions for me, this is going in spoilers as well.
Spoiler:
Earlier on in the game, or last game idk, I ran into a fucking massive lobster monster on the geoscape. It was moving at like 100 units or something and tried to slowly intercept anything that came near it. What in the hell was that? I do have a picture of it, but in the same vein I'm putting this in spoilers, I'm leaving that image out.

Screen116.png: I don't know if you can precisely control civilian spawning mechanics, but I feel like there should be an algo that checks the surrounding box of tiles of a civilian to see if there is 2 or more civilians already next to them. Because of this party. I am aware the algo state should still allow conga lines. It was just a half-baked idea.

Screen128.png: Yeah. Something tells me this wasn't meant to be able to be done. Also, she couldn't escape that. But hey! She could forever scan to make sure enemies weren't coming through that alley. Some say, Sara Lombardi is still there, to this very day. Others say she and 4 other MC-protected super brain-dead soldiers have taken over Base Zeta and protected it against 23 armored gillmen and Deep Ones just yesterday. But that's just X-COM propaganda probably. Scratch that, we have confirmation that Sara Lombardi is still at main base, and that the leader of the now undoubtedly X-COM propaganda base defense was Laila Mustafa, Commander of X-COM! and Kun-woo Maeng, Captain of X-COM

Uhhh... I've ran out of attachments. YOU WIN THIS ROUND FORUMS!

Time for the text version of images.

So, the topic "Interrogated Engineer" depends on Enhancecd Aquatoid Navigator and is unlocked by Lobster Technician or Armored Gill Man Engineer. Apparently, you get the topic if you complete either of the two unlocks, so I'm kind of confused why it says it depends on Enhanced Aquatoid Navigator. I thought dependencies were required before you could complete a research? Or is it that if I had gotten a EAN completed, I would have been given the opportunity to research this topic instead of needing either unlock req?

Finally, remember my -7000 monthly score a few weeks back? I'M STILL IN THAT SAVE! Literally, the months following that one go: 0, 1400, 900, -5500, and the current month I'm starting at roughly 2k due to for the first time in this playthrough winning an Artefact Site mission. That was +2173 score at like first day, 9th hour of the month. Plus, that aforementioned probably propaganda Base Defense which netted me a nice +505 score and a stunned Armored Gill Man Commander which didn't really help me in the slightest besides allowing me to now break down armored gill men. Which reminds me, why is that I need a live specimen of the Enhanced Aquatoids and Armored Gillmen to be able to dissect their corpses instead of just the corpses like the normal trend? That seems odd.

To end this long rambling post, a final remark and three questions. The remark is that I am now starting the Ancient Naga City mission at nighttime. Does the night time affect the visibility, or is it always this difficult to see in this mission? Secondly, on the topic of night vision, none of the presets seem to be really compatible with TFTD and only change the color of statue eyes the a dramatic effect instead of player visibility. Is there one you recommend, or do you recommend just ignoring that that's a config given? AND FINALLY: Where do freaks exist in this game? Are they just a super-late game enemy that only appears after 2 years have passed or something? I thought they might be the ones in the shielded USOs, but so far that seems to only be Enhanced Aquatoids. If they're a specific mission based enemy, just say that, and I'll be okay with that answer.

Anyways, thanks for making this great TFTD mod, and until next time
Vigilo Confido
-Green
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:27:40 am by greenking13 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 01, 2019, 11:21:50 am »
Wow, that's a bedsheet of text.
Ok, step by step:
ArmorTear.sav:
Thanks, fixed.
IncorrectNoLineofFire.sav:
It's all fine, only closest wall blocks your shot. Other blinking parts is an artifacts of script, i think. Doesnt do anything.
WhatAreWalls.sav:
Vanilla terrain artifacts. Should i edit? Maybe...
fpslook002.png:
Looks like naga stand on some kind of stair (Alien stool maybe?). Cannot say without savefile.
Triscene:
Yeah, f..k you too, dude.
Screen105.png
It is not a window in other ones, but a gun port. About USO sensors - you can read about it in an article "alien sub construction".
Screen108.png
How did he get there??? Must investigate...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Screen116.png:
Not enough places for units to spawn. Will fix.
Screen128.png:
No time to swim in a pool when your homeis under attack. This is punishmet. (This is intended trap i made)
Interrogated Engineer:
Thanks, fixed.
Naga city:
It is allways dark. Because it is dark depths.
Nightvision:
I prefer color 8.
Freaks:
Spoiler:
Will begin to appear after certain scenario mission.

Wish you a luck.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:26:29 am by Nord »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 06, 2019, 02:12:41 pm »
Am I missing something or game has dramatically changed since I've played it last time?

X-rifle in research tree list? Surface weapons already unlocked by finishing flamethrower. And I can buy those rifles too.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 06, 2019, 03:51:46 pm »
Am I missing something or game has dramatically changed since I've played it last time?

X-rifle in research tree list? Surface weapons already unlocked by finishing flamethrower. And I can buy those rifles too.
Yes it is. If a player will be ignorant enough, he can acquire x-rifle without researching surface weapons. So i decided to add this research. To complete the circle. :-)

misterx

« Reply #1161 on: December 09, 2019, 03:45:28 pm »
Dear Nord, have you thought about adding some more playing content, for instance a couple of armors, a pai of new enemies and a couple of weapon tiers?

Exaples:

heat ray weapons:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2065.0.html

acid capsule gun:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2761.0.html

alternat suite:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4088.0.html

man in black, gazer and anthropod:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2180.0.html

Terrain expansion:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4680.0.html

In the end some content is planned to be added? Thanks again :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 09, 2019, 04:53:08 pm »
Heat ray - completely useless underwater.
Acid gun - already in.
Alt suits - with what backstory?
Mib, gazer and antropod - not in THIS mod ;-)
Terrains - some of them already there.

And in common term - i can add something new, but i dont want to do graphic from scratch. And this thing must fit in TFTD concept.

misterx

« Reply #1163 on: December 10, 2019, 09:37:48 am »
Heat ray - completely useless underwater.
Acid gun - already in.
Alt suits - with what backstory?
Mib, gazer and antropod - not in THIS mod ;-)
Terrains - some of them already there.

And in common term - i can add something new, but i dont want to do graphic from scratch. And this thing must fit in TFTD concept.

OK, so you may want to give a shot to:

[TFTD][BETA][ALIEN][WEAPON] XOps's TFTD beta mods:Carcharodon Aliens+Ion Weapons (by XOps)
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4205.msg57023.html#msg57023

[Craft] [TftD] Baracuda/Manta Upgrades (inspired by Xcomutil option for Xcom1)
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4548.msg62724.html#msg62724 (by Roxis 321)

[TFTD] Aqua Weapons Starter Pak
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5836.msg89861.html#msg89861 (by ave369)

[SOUND] Gifty's TFTD soundtrack!
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3879.msg50028.html#msg50028 (by Gifty)

[TOTAL CONVERSION] [GLOBE] DUNE - Desert world 0.28
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2957.0.html (by clownagent)
(seems to be pretty on hold, but has some interesting assets that could fit in twots)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:36:55 am by misterx »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 10, 2019, 12:20:15 pm »
You did not played mod? Most of ithis are already in there.

misterx

« Reply #1165 on: December 10, 2019, 01:54:39 pm »
You did not played mod? Most of ithis are already in there.

Not extensivley, but please may you update the first post with all the mods included in TWoTS then?

I also remember to have read somowhere that destroying oil pipelines can cause diplomatic issues with the funding countries, is that true? If so that thini is implemented in the mod?

Edit: a generic psitol concept is attached :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:04:27 pm by misterx »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 11, 2019, 09:48:43 am »
Not extensivley, but please may you update the first post with all the mods included in TWoTS then?
I have taked(was taking? oh that english times) many things from other mods without adding whole mod. Such as some maps from terrain pack, or sprites from newcivilian's "My_mod" and so on. I simply can not remember them all. But must admit, that almost all things was redacted, modded, improved (or worsened) before put in TWoTS.
I also remember to have read somowhere that destroying oil pipelines can cause diplomatic issues with the funding countries, is that true? If so that thini is implemented in the mod?
No, it is not true. And it is nearly impossible to do. Or not so impossible... Hmm. Need to think about.
Edit: a generic psitol concept is attached :)
And what is behind that concept? Some idea maybe?

misterx

« Reply #1167 on: December 12, 2019, 02:31:06 pm »
Just a raw idea, in case you'd want to make new weapons, whatever :)

Only think found so far in the forum that may fit into the mod, according to my thoughs, may be:

1) [WEAPON] [CRAFT] Tyran_nick's mods
(https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1435.0.html)

2) [MOD]Lots of Mods! (mass accellerated weapons, disruptor cannon and the moray, a new sub)
(https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5969.msg91875.html#msg91875)

Offline andre2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 12, 2019, 03:12:21 pm »
Hi,
feedback and bug reports.  :)

Dude, this mod is amazing! I´m into it for maybe 30h now. I´m a gamer since ´92 on C64 and since ´96 on PC. I have seen so much and are bored of most game concepts. But this mod hit´s a spot an presses my buttons. :-)
The mod is like when a fantastic artist covers an already good song and turns it into something even better. Like "Summertime Blues" by Eddie Cochrane performed by Stray Cats.
I came across the mod because of the Youtuber YETI. I swore to myself to not ever touch the early X-Com games again. Because I spent so much time with them. Well, there goes that.....

I really like what you do there with squeezing out content from the base game. Like to now obtain the Particle Disturbance sensor, you need to research and build it. That felt like cool and appropiate.

Alien bases intercept my craft now?!?!?! WTF?!?!?! -Good job! That is a nice spin.

The CORMORANT with gas cannon is so crappy. It really has it´s strengths as one time use as a one way product. :-) It really is only the fodder to get the dropship in to mess up the base.
Maybe it would be good to always get the Triton into the base, regardless of has the CORMORANT shot down the interceptor or not. So that the CORMORANT is the bait and distraction. That would be a thrilling feature for iron man mode. "At least I dont have to rebuild it this time." or "And I have to build a new CORMORANT. Again!!!."
But the CORMORANT is as it should be. In such an appearing alien thread, you can be happy to be at least able to intercept their small craft. Maybe there will be something better available than the gas cannon for the CORMORANT.

What I really like is the weaknesses overview per species. I still really don´t know how to obtain theese, if by research or PEW PEW PEW experience. But when the one for the lobster man popped up, that was quite helpful and a relief of some sorts. Basically with the gear available I have to charge the most dangerous melee enemy so far with melee weapons.....and tazers. The first appearance of lobster man was a shitpants moment. Then having to charge them was the 2nd one. Good job! Game design wise, this is so amazing! :-) Because you have to adapt or you "get adapted"....by claws, sissors and the rest of their arsenal.

I really like the Gas cannon and auto jet cannon and their ammo types(the gatling looking thingy). Good job on that!

The mod feels like a triple A title to me.....almost.
I had to juggle alot of Magna grenades until I could get the Gauss Rifle. That felt kind of bad. Because the Jet Harpoon performs poor at hitting things. While the laser rifle does well on the surface. Usually in UFO and TFTD I used 2x grenades per soldier and that was 99% of times enough. In TWoTS I had to step it up to 4x.
Maybe there is a spot in the gap between weapons to be filled out. As the Jet Harpoon is so inaccurate, grenades are just a better working solution for that period. Maybe there is a solution for that via research, but I did not come across early. Depending on grenades for 10-20 missions feels so bad, as it is always the same. Prime it by one dude in the craft. Throw it outside to a dude, who delivers the final throw 2 times. And dont forget the gas cannon. Maybe I should have gone 4x gas cannon per 12 soldiers instead of 1x gas cannon.
The Gauss rifle is really what I dared to get as a firearm, before I discovered it as research.
But anyway, what you have done so far with the guns is way better then TFTD. In TFTD it was just "rush sonic weapons ASAP". "When a fantastic artist covers an already good song....."

Also, the research menu via "Q" is kind of spoilery. I looked a little bit around in there to find a way to aqua plastics and other things. Now I know that there are armored versions of enemies and some other things. I rather not know anything about that. It was still kind of enjoyable when I almost shit my pants with the first appearance of lobster man. As my ways of dealing with them, wasn´t dealing with them well.
I dont know if "Q" is a feature of OpenXcom or TWoTS. Maybe there should be a version of it, where you only can see, to what your current resources lead to. Based on the aliens in the holding cell and the aquired items in storage.

I always felt with basic TFTD that game design wise the research feature lacks a little bit of trancparency. I had issues/ little hickups back then to get to Zrbite armor and such. But with the fact in mind, that a badly needed research may be already available and already listed for ages, the game is doable. As I dont have to learn the battlescape gameplay so much. I did that around 1998. ;-)

Also the 1st base gets small fast. One has to ousource from there. That is cool and challenging. From the management point and credits wise.

I now have 5 bases. The 1st is the fighting one. The 2nd is for production. The 3rd will become the research one. A 4th will may be become a storage base. And who knows, what is still hidden in the deapths of the mod for a 5th base.

But I feel, the that the base game has some weaknesses, regarding managing so much. Like behind the intercept button, there is a feature missing, which leads directly to "Equip Submarine".
Like when you want to start the Triton, you have to get through the base first to equip all the lately produced guns, armor, gear. Then you go back to GEOSCAPE and then you can launch. This is not a shortcut.
The situation is similar with transferring gear across all bases. It feels like there could be some shortcuts, which make life easier. Like the bar on which are all your bases are selectable, should be available in every TRANSFER screen or CHECK STORES srceen behind the BASE INFORMATION screen.
The same feature "Equip Craft" should be behind the specific base menu. For when you click a base on the globe.
Dont get me wrong. For what you can do, manage and achieve, the GUI is already simple.Considering that it was designed for what resolution? 680x420? But still there is room to catapult the features of the GUI from the 90´s into 2019.

Bug: The guided Torpedo is listed in the Usopedia. But I cant manufacture it. I just have noticed, that it is dependent on the research for "Advanced torpedo launcher". It feels like the guided torpedo should only appear in the Usopedia, when it is available for production and the research was really REALLY finished.

Bug: The update txt of the latest update says X-Rifle research was fixed.
Yesterday I had the X-Rifle research still available in the list of research projects. But I had the thing already bought in numbers, equipped and used on various missions. Like *PEW PEW PEW* Oh wait, it does more like *bang bang bang*.
So somehow I could research it twice. Unless it get´s accessible twice via surface weapons aquisition. But I can remember, I already had it´s data in the Usopedia and the research was listed again for availability.

So I just took some time to write you this. Hopefully you like it. I now don´t want any more interruptions, playing your mod. :-) Man I´m so curious what happens next. WOW. GJ!!! :-) :-) :-)

I have huge respect for the ammount of work you have put into this. It cannot have been little. It must have been alot. It pays and all worked out. I enjoy what you have achieved. I´m sure other people feel the same way.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 13, 2019, 05:28:48 am »
Thank you for your warm reply.
Bugs will be fixed soon.

Though i shall say, that new gameplay mechanics are a result of hard work of Yankes and Meridian, autors of OXCE game engine extension. Thanks to them.

Also, you really should try Dioxine's "X-Pirates" and Solarius's "The X-com files". They are awesome.