aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676833 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.33f)
« Reply #1140 on: October 30, 2019, 01:34:33 pm »
everything is below Telmo, who is not on an exit tile sadly.
Ok, i think i know how to fix it. Will do.

Offline greenking13

• Squaddie
  • I could have shot them, but decided to die instead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 30, 2019, 04:59:42 pm »
Awesome. In the mean time, do you know if there is a way to transport everything on a tile to a different one? I know I can use debug and Ctrl-W to warp people, but I have no clue if that does anything for items on a tile. (I literally only showed up to this mission to look at the aliens, say "Yup, those are aliens." and leave.)

Update: I couldn't find a command, but I was able to just use warp and peoples bags to move everything onto a tile before leaving. Also, what's with the two different alien ship cruiser missions? One lands like the tile grid above, and the other lands with the Triton in the same format as the pirates attacking a ship.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:03:14 pm by greenking13 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 01, 2019, 12:59:14 pm »
Update: I couldn't find a command, but I was able to just use warp and peoples bags to move everything onto a tile before leaving. Also, what's with the two different alien ship cruiser missions? One lands like the tile grid above, and the other lands with the Triton in the same format as the pirates attacking a ship.
Cruise ship and cargo ship from original game.

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 03, 2019, 03:14:23 am »
A better detection vessel?

There are a few possible candidates for this. Chief among them are:

- the status-6/poseidon russian nuclear powered intercontinental super torpedo but with a removed nuclear payload and a massive alien/hybrid tech sensor suite installed.
Pros: unlimited underwater range, faster than any bouy, and relatively inexpensive to make as it is a retrofit of an existing weapon.

Cons: really fragile, the smallest of alien craft can take these out, unarmed and cant defend itself.

A completely new design based on hybrid technology that is powered by zrbite and has a faster speed and a weapons pod that allows it to defend itself. Not a substitute for a dedicated undersea interceptor tho.

Pros: superior speed, very few usos can catch it. Can match the speed of a hammerhead, has a singular cannon mount for self defense, aqua plastic construction so it can take a beating.

Cons: pretty expensive. Losing one will set you back a good deal, needs to refuel periodically.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 03, 2019, 02:51:02 pm »
A better detection vessel?
For which purpose?
Dont forget that any vessel faster than 100 pts will run out of fuel and return back to base over time. It adds nasty micromanagement. At least i think so.
On the other side, armed buoy is an interesting idea...
As all seamen know, unarmed buoy in neutral waters is a free source of rare metals...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:53:33 pm by Nord »

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 04, 2019, 05:14:08 am »
I see.

Here's an idea I thought could be implemented into the mod:

Heavy lasers as a purchasable surface weapon.
Used by exoskeleton equipped military personnel.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 04, 2019, 03:29:26 pm »
Here's an idea I thought could be implemented into the mod:
Ok, if someone will provide spritesheets and paperdolls.

Offline greenking13

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 06, 2019, 01:55:31 am »
I don't want to reveal a cheesy exploit I just discovered (Well, immeditately that is, I was probably going to post about it later.) but I ran into a second bug at the same time.

So it appears there is a way to cheese the Mind Worms/Locust Terror Mission simply by using scout drones + Officer Laser Pistol. All you need to do is just fly above the enemy and shoot down for a few turns to kill, rinse, repeat. The bug that I've found it that it looks like my scouts are seeing out of their behind, as seen by pressing the alt key and seeing the arrow point the opposite direction. Secondly, it looks like the mind worms try and fail to force sleep the drones. While this is expected, I don't know if their attempt to is meant to be. Attached below is a copy of my battle with them, be warned it is Iron Man, so you'll have to change the setting that handles that... which now that I think about it, I don't know the name of.

Also attached is just something I want help figuring out, since it looked like the torpedo defenses have a mesh issue in which you can see through parts of them as seen in the attached first-person and save.

Now back to what is probably going to be a 200+ turn mission, which at the end I have to remember to not kill one mind worm because I think it gives me a research.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Locust can fly, they just usually choose not to. One of my drones is now dead, time to try and let one of these mind worms pass out and scoot it back to the ship AND RUN! All other bugs are still true though.

UPDATE: So, there might be an issue with Lobster man and base defenses. They do not appear to be moving and only acting either when I am close enough to them to walk and claw me, or in reaction. Attached below is another file, obviously named. Sadly, I think I have to lose this base because I don't want to try and spend 6 years going through them with bullets of 0 damage. I don't even know if I can damage their armor enough to do damage to them.

UPDATE #2 11/10/2019: Are Jellymen meant to be able to surrender? Not as in after passing out and waking up, but in general, like the Cult?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:31:34 am by greenking13 »

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 12, 2019, 01:51:45 am »
Different craft gas cannon ammo options? Options like supercavitating ammo, superdense needle ammo, high explosive, and zrbite craft gas cannon ammo.

Also, superdense needle shotgun ammo for hydrojet cannon.
Maybe also add superdense needle darts and jet harpoons?

Offline greenking13

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 16, 2019, 11:52:09 am »
So, time for a few more bug reports. (And one WTF image from my best/latest run.)

First one: MindWormCuttoff.sav is a save of a graphical glitch in which due to the terrain and the height I am viewing from, the MindWorm is cut in have horizontally and its top half is not visible. The entire Mind Worms enemy is visible by moving down one height.

Second one: Sightlines.sav is a save of a sight glitch in which I have two people in rooms, and they should have the same visibility into the middle of a corridor, but they don't. I have fpslooks accompanying. 000 is the view from the top guy (The one who can't see the armored gillman) and you can see the enemy, but I'm assuming that you need to see center of mass to have sight. 001 is the view from the bottom guy (The one who can see the armored gillman) and he interesting has sight due to what looks like a gap in the door. Note: I don't believe either actually have firing sightline since I did attempt to shoot after I created this save and they both broke their respective walls in the way of the enemy.

And finally is just a WTF moment from my current run. Yeah. It's like the 20th of February and I have -6000 score because in this month alone I had a terror mission I couldn't make it to (-1000) and two successful base defenses (+600 or so from each), roughly 30 landings, 60 ufos, and a second Jellymen Weapon mission even though I couldn't arrive at, which I'm guessing was like a -1000 or something. I believe they had to have built 2 more alien bases to have gotten that score. Also, all the landings were within their base zones, so I couldn't go to them due to the hunters that patrol them. This is... just brutal. But hey, I'm researching the sonic sniper rifle, about to get the Jellymen tech exchange research, and have gotten a lobsterman commander from the last base defense. Next month I have to do a lot of shit for though, otherwise this run might be over. I don't even want to know how badly I'm losing support this month.

Also, just a quick question, but how is the AI for bio-drones designed for base defenses? It seemed that they never move and only overwatch. I'm assuming they didn't move, due to the fact that there were two 2 high stacks that didn't move when I got sight of them.

-Green

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 16, 2019, 01:23:08 pm »
Thanks for your feedback.
Not much i can say about graphic glitches.
Sightlines.sav is a save of a sight glitch in which I have two people in rooms, and they should have the same visibility into the middle of a corridor, but they don't.
As you can see, not same but similar.
This is... just brutal.

Also, just a quick question, but how is the AI for bio-drones designed for base defenses? It seemed that they never move and only overwatch. I'm assuming they didn't move, due to the fact that there were two 2 high stacks that didn't move when I got sight of them.
No changes from vanilla.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 24, 2019, 08:00:54 pm »
Version 2.34 is up.
Changelog:
 - Added nev vehicle - Scorpenae;
 - Added armored zombies (from armored soldiers)
 - Some additional images (inventory and background);
 - Decreased crew size of Triton to 12 men or 2 SWS;
 - Global terrain-based environment (e.g. abyss in darkest regions of world ocean);
 - Fixed crypt ruins map;
 - Fixed X-Rifle research;
 - Minor fixes;
 - Stunning improves morale;
 - Newest OXCE 6.1.1 used.

P.S. Experiments with cruise liner was ... not successfull.

Upd.: version 2.34f - fixed Scorpaena manufacturing.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:19:55 am by Nord »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.34)
« Reply #1152 on: November 26, 2019, 11:34:50 am »
Just a quick question/suggestion: Are Bland's new USO variants included in your mod? He made a couple of alternative layouts some time ago for the default USOs. Would be a simple copy and paste job to add them if you don't already have.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 26, 2019, 01:11:36 pm »
Yes they are. Not all of them, though.

misterx

« Reply #1154 on: November 29, 2019, 02:55:15 pm »
Thanks again for the really impressive work :) here are some observation of mine:

now, on to some annoyance/suggestions:  ;D ;D

1) the sap and p11 clips seems to be a bit ofset, is that intended or normal

2) "fishfood" that replace the rank "seaman" is kinda offensive i think , though funny, how about to replace with the vanilla one?

3) in the briefing text of the pirate attack ship right after the word catch may need to be followed by at least to better explain the player the importance of capturing and interrogating live enemies

4) on a brand new game, in ver 2.34f third difficulty level, a polyph is attackingat night my acquanaust, by the 4th turn ive lost 4 of them (!!!) Why these damned kill in one shot? How about to decrease thei damage please? Such static creature should be a really easy enemy

5) first land assault, second turn sectoid reaction fire kille 2 of mi men. Hell i do remeber vanilla TFTD was a hell of a game, some difficulty tuning may be possible alon keeping the game balanced? just thought :)

6) I'd like the vanilla harpoon gun sound, but if you wan to replace the current one i'd like more, for a hint looke here:
https://it.audioblocks.com/stock-audio/steam-shot-bednse328dbk0wxrtuo.html

For now just playingat the very beginning of the game, got first 3 mission all at night. maybe more daymissions would be less frustrating, at least at a fresh game :D

For some eventual wepaons addictions contente, inspiration :

futuristic underwater wepaons: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&biw=1536&bih=728&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ehXhXaa-B-iHjLsPpN-u4Aw&q=futuristic+underwater+weapons&oq=futuristic+underwater+weapons&gs_l=img.3...29624.31636..31835...0.0..0.181.1005.12j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i19j0i7i30i19j0i7i30j0i7i5i30.ogW2SYNdNdc&ved=0ahUKEwim49qPvI_mAhXoA2MBHaSvC8wQ4dUDCAY&uact=5

futuristic weapons: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&biw=1536&bih=728&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ehXhXaa-B-iHjLsPpN-u4Aw&q=futuristic+underwater+weapons&oq=futuristic+underwater+weapons&gs_l=img.3...29624.31636..31835...0.0..0.181.1005.12j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i19j0i7i30i19j0i7i30j0i7i5i30.ogW2SYNdNdc&ved=0ahUKEwim49qPvI_mAhXoA2MBHaSvC8wQ4dUDCAY&uact=5
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 03:32:29 pm by misterx »