Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034647 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1155 on: May 11, 2018, 12:09:11 pm »
I tend to sacrifice some raw production capacity for a hangar.

Offline Multiheaded

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 11, 2018, 05:31:32 pm »
Yeah, managing space is a colossal pain in the ass. On that note, being able to automatically ship some of the post-battle loot to auxiliary bases and/or recurring shipments (every X days) would make managing their production/maintenance easier.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 11, 2018, 09:49:05 pm »
*cough* Game made in 1994 *cough*
Big ass mod requires some 'tedious' micromanagement.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1158 on: May 12, 2018, 01:02:38 am »
How would you even do that? Every mission has different loot. You can ship to other bases manually from the loot screen anyway.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 12, 2018, 07:17:22 am »
I can see the appeal for shipping any of a given item obtained to a target base. The industrial base needs the raw materials, the research base wants things like data discs and books. Prisoners and dismantling happens in yet another base. And you might even have separate bases for certain mission environments.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 12, 2018, 12:25:37 pm »
How would you even do that? Every mission has different loot. You can ship to other bases manually from the loot screen anyway.

With the plethora of 'items' your mod provides it's impossible to do. The mod keeps growing so it's even more unlikely that this feature is needed.
If this is even useful at all every single 'item' would need a specific 'class' or 'tag' to be determined for an 'automatic shipping' system to function.
This would still require higher levels of micromanagement since the player has to set the base of desire for every 'item' on the loot-list.

More high-quality content is something I would like to see instead of QoL changes. The cut from the bootypedia articles to place them into the ANAL tab is a longlasting investment and a better choice rather than rewriting every article to match new scalings.

Offline Serpentium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 12, 2018, 05:12:18 pm »
So, playing Jack Sparrow mode (With Ironman), I was doing pretty good with 17 months into the game. I suddenly get a Star God Crackdown on my main base and I'm like "OK, this is gonna be a tough one, but I reckon I can get this, these are my main girls. I got two tanks, Heavy Slug Throwers, Tons of Proxy grenades and EMP grenades for the single Sectopod they bought with them."

Spoiler:
"Oh wait... the Star God Guardians are shimmering in this new version now... FUCK, they ALL have shields now like the Guild Master!" I ping one with three heavy slug shells, it... disabled his shield, but the guardian was still alive.

I was taken off guard by the new Star Guardian Shields, so I was shit out of luck, and lost my main base. I might need to drop the difficulty down to Davy Jones since the random Star God crackdowns are no fun (and I use to be able to handle them by a fair amount in previous versions). Oh well!  :P

How have some of you dealt with the changes to some of the Star Gods during the mid game?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:55:22 pm by Serpentium »

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 12, 2018, 07:44:02 pm »
I've been mostly legging when I saw them anyway, but here's some tips on dealing with shields:

1. Massed firepower helps. Shields have no armor value, so no matter what you use, eventually it'll bring the shield down. Easiest way to do so is, in fact, using shotguns - lots of pellets, lots of hits, damage adds up easy shield stripping.

2. Shields take 250% damage from EMP.

3. Lastly, some damage types flat-out ignore shields, in case of star gods (type 3 shields) it's only bio, charm, choking and anti-e511. Bring poisoned knives and cobra staves.

Offline Serpentium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 12, 2018, 08:29:53 pm »
Thanks for the tips, I never knew shields were vulnerable to EMP damage! With the recent game update, is there any information in-game (bootypedia) about how shields work, or do I have to search these forums for that info?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 12, 2018, 09:05:20 pm »
There are articles for type 1&2 shields, probably 3 as well but i haven't seen 3 yet.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 12, 2018, 10:35:52 pm »
Sorceress has shield 3 (200/50)
And various other types and shields among the enemies.
Your shield supply looks limited but you can use the new portable shield to deflect raw damage and bridge the gap for melee slayers to bumrush the enemies with less fear to instantly die in the process.
Blitz armor with it's very little armor value now has a 'shield' to survive potential piercing shots.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 13, 2018, 12:49:59 am »
Shields take 250% damage from EMP.

This makes EMP grenades even more important now.

Is there some kind of EMP gun or EMP sword as well?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 13, 2018, 02:11:59 pm »
Bio damage ignores shields.
More value for those blowpipes and poison daggers now. Go full rambo on their asses!

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 14, 2018, 06:50:12 pm »
I was wondering why all my gals are suddenly getting insane and unconscious during a landed UFO mission. I'm fighting against these weird globe headed humanoids and small cyberdiscs. I don't receive any message about mind control attempts, yet all my gals constantly drop their guns and start running. Drinking beer seem to help, but not all of them are carrying refreshments, so the mission is getting a bit irritating.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 14, 2018, 07:34:24 pm »
1. Those humanoids are actually humans in hazmat suits, and small cyberdiscs are their drones. They're a lot less threatening than real deal.

2. Panicking is caused by the combat stress: if your gals' bravery is low enough, over time their morale will get depleted, causing panic. Training bravery helps in this case.

3. Going unconscious is probably caused by heat. Are you in desert? Do you get "it's scorching hot" messages at start of turn? If so, you need some way to counter the heat, either outfits, items or consumables which remove stun damage.