aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1057056 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #720 on: December 29, 2017, 04:36:26 pm »
You can always patch the gaps with Zeppelins.  :P

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 29, 2017, 04:54:27 pm »
Would that zeppelins where a investment worth the price in hanger space, and the gals to pilot them.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 29, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »
You can always patch the gaps with Zeppelins.  :P

I could but I rather have more money-production rather than spending 2-3 hangars + maintance + salavary for pilots to have only a contact-message telling me something is moving around there while the hyperwave just tells me the exact destination, class and race to be dealt with so I can tail the ship with fighters and send a well-equipped dropship to capture them.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #723 on: December 29, 2017, 05:40:37 pm »
I once considered Zeppelins as a training platform and put one at my training base.  Shipped a bunch of slaves over there, crewed them up, and launched them out and had them study correspondence courses in Voodoo and Dojo.  It felt like a cheap way to cover a gap in Africa where there was an enemy base, and a way to put the trainees to some use during their long term (many months) of training.  I can't really say if it pays off.  I stopped the campaign for upgrade before the point I ever brought them back to put into mission cycles.  I did have some strong voodoo guys turn up there, but was it worth the economic tradeoff? not sure.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 29, 2017, 06:05:00 pm »
It's the large number of pilots that really make the zeppelin an issue to use while your building up/expanding in the mid game when the extra coverage would actually do something. 

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 29, 2017, 08:12:51 pm »
So, I can say I'm satisfied with the Shepherd's Staff, one of the new weapons. It's like the Stun Rod but less bulky, easier to use and actually misses way less, making it perfect for newbie gals, especially those with low Strength to avoid accidentally killing your target.

The Great Club seems to be the Concussive version of the Great Sword and the Great Axe, but I never used these weapons much, so I dunno their value.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 29, 2017, 10:15:19 pm »
Concussive is actually pretty good on a melee weapon. there is generally more cutting then concussive resist on most foes, Spartans and mercs being the notable exceptions.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 30, 2017, 04:07:02 pm »
Excluding the fusion balls (which are very late game tech), which missile slot weapon is the best 1. for general use and 2. for taking down battleships and maybe silver towers also?

Also, what are these viper fighters?  They seem like another chance at the implosion bomb launcher if the bombers aren't being nice with their loot drops, but I have no idea when they'd show up or if I need to do something first to get them to show up.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 30, 2017, 05:19:42 pm »
Excluding the fusion balls (which are very late game tech), which missile slot weapon is the best 1. for general use and 2. for taking down battleships and maybe silver towers also?

For general use, the meteor-rocket launcher is the missle you've been looking for.
All you need is to buy them, thus less micro-management to maintain an endless supply of rockets for your sabre-fighters. They have 1,5x damage boost against shields but still do wonders in dealing raw damage with precision! Those rockets barely ever miss thier mark, where stuff like the hamerite can miss.

To fight silver-towers (if you ever need to do that) you need one tank-ship to soak up the high-dps of the vessel and a bunch of tesla-coils (lw-slot, thus giving the baracuda-fighter an extreme useful purpose to field 4x tesla-coil) to punch down the fast-regerating shield and do hull-damage.

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 30, 2017, 09:54:09 pm »
What do you use for a tanking ship?  I remember trying to use a CRAB before and even if it managed to catch up to the bomber I was trying to shoot down at the time, the bomber kept outrunning the crab and started shooting at the other ships I had launching Avalanches.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 30, 2017, 11:02:37 pm »
Would be nice to see a mobile version of Hyperwave decoder to attach to zeppelins.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 30, 2017, 11:22:04 pm »
Would be nice to see a mobile version of Hyperwave decoder to attach to zeppelins.

Lol, I actually like that :)

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 30, 2017, 11:52:41 pm »

Lol, I actually like that :)

+1

Yes please!

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 31, 2017, 01:24:14 am »
For general use, the meteor-rocket launcher is the missle you've been looking for.
All you need is to buy them, thus less micro-management to maintain an endless supply of rockets for your sabre-fighters. They have 1,5x damage boost against shields but still do wonders in dealing raw damage with precision! Those rockets barely ever miss thier mark, where stuff like the hamerite can miss.

So basically, researching craft missiles is a waste of time.  Good thing only my secondary base was doing that while my main one with the Old Earth Lab was busy with more important research.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 31, 2017, 08:42:46 am »
Only if RNG has blessed you with the opportunity to unlock meteor missiles.

Otherwise, your interception fights are going to look pretty ugly without proper missiles (unless you're doing some sort of Hawk/Crab/Swordfish build and are willing to play with slower interceptors).