Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033624 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2017, 03:00:24 pm »
Unless the incendiary ammo is white phosphorus (Willie Pete or WP) or something like the heat ray, the stated damage in the pedia is just radius-related, and follows the 5-10 damage per hit rule. The rod of hellfire is more of a disruption and area denial weapon than a outright killer. The AI doesn't like pathing through fire, and the morale+stun damage is nice.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2017, 05:21:47 pm »
rod of hellfire, like almost all fire based weapons, does only 5-10 damage. The power just increases the radius (1 per 20 power).

Oh ok, I must have overlooked that info somewhere, my bad. Thanks for clearing that out to me.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2017, 11:04:58 am »
Hey there, gonna ask something probably stupid again.
Is it normal that Shok'a'Fists vaporize enemies? First I hit a mechtoid with it, the unlucky (yet cute) can just vaporized. I thought maybe they just do that, you know something like when cyberdisc explodes.
But then I found out there is a mechtoid body research... ok... I guess next time I will stun one and execute him while holding him in hand.
Anyway... today I punched a military police in the back with shock'a'fist and they too just vaporized.
Is that a bug or feature (possibly high plasma damage?) ?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2017, 12:25:02 pm »
If i recall correctly any hit over a certain threshold will dissolve the corpse. I don't recall the exact threshold though.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2017, 03:04:41 pm »
If i recall correctly any hit over a certain threshold will dissolve the corpse. I don't recall the exact threshold though.

Not every hit, only if the weapon has this effect enabled.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2017, 09:57:41 pm »
I looked into it, and it seems rather simple to add a leeroy jenkins mode to the AI, so that they rush to whatever non-friendly unit visible, overriding any retreat mechanics. The mode can be set for Chryssalids and Doom guys. What do you think?

I think it is a good idea. I'll ask Meridian what he thinks.
It will be most useful for zombies and doom guys, not sure about making Chryssalid more hardcore :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:00:49 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2017, 12:51:07 am »
I think it is a good idea. I'll ask Meridian what he thinks.
It will be most useful for zombies and doom guys, not sure about making Chryssalid more hardcore :)

Uh, I just made my proof-of-concept patch work. The links posted doesn't - see the 'Leeroy*' builds at https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/. The AI code is, well, hard to work with.

Currently, only melee-rush is there, so don't enable it for anything that's supposed to do anything else. Zombies now aren't shy, though still quite a bit dumb.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2017, 02:04:33 am »
What I dislike most about the zombies, that they don't start shambling towards your guys the moment they see you. They just mill around like idiots. Which is kinda cute too. Maybe I should leave them like this, and mix them with a new kind of zombie with leeroy jenkins behaviour.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2017, 03:34:22 am »
A split for zombies would be cool. "shamblers" and "runners" if you will.  Shamblers appear with notably more damaged bodies(injury/decay limiting mobility). Runners are "fresher" and therefore more capable.

Frankly the only mob that truly needs the leeyroy mod is the chrssyilid. It's just not a threat if it never closes. If it does get close it's legitimately back to it rightful scary self.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2017, 02:09:08 pm »
What I dislike most about the zombies, that they don't start shambling towards your guys the moment they see you.

Well, I wasn't able to make them charge the moment they see you either. Only the next turn, this is because somehow pathfinding doesn't find perfectly valid routes if the unit in question hasn't seen the targets at the start of the turn.  I'll dig more later.

They just mill around like idiots. Which is kinda cute too. Maybe I should leave them like this, and mix them with a new kind of zombie with leeroy jenkins behaviour.

A split for zombies would be cool. "shamblers" and "runners" if you will.  Shamblers appear with notably more damaged bodies(injury/decay limiting mobility). Runners are "fresher" and therefore more capable.

Frankly the only mob that truly needs the leeyroy mod is the chrssyilid. It's just not a threat if it never closes. If it does get close it's legitimately back to it rightful scary self.

It's just a flag in ruleset unit def. Do whatever you wish with it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »
One turn delay is fine IMO. Gives the player a chance to react.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2017, 04:07:37 pm »
I got a Lokk'Naar villager when one surrendered during that bounty mission with the red barn (note to self: bring bombs, not molotovs).  Does it serve any purpose?  There seems to be no way to research it.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2017, 06:33:30 pm »
Just a little extra ransom cash.

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2017, 02:55:21 am »
Why are my recruits dying even after being bandaged on the ground

Nothing is shooting at them, it's guaranteed after a certain amount of turns

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2017, 03:52:44 am »
Excessive stun damage can be lethal too; If stun damage exceeds three times the remaining health then a small amount of lethal damage is incurred every turn.