Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033583 times)

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #300 on: May 22, 2017, 06:02:52 am »
Is anybody using any Voodoo in their games and what for? Of all the things I tried, I only use the Ret Lasgun, as Gals with good Psi can shoot them in auto and even hit something. For everything else, I find the conventinal solutions (i.e., just shoot them or hit them) much more convenient.
Seductress armor might be the easiest way to take down power armor in mid game.  Once you get the fairy outfit....

Offline atroix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2017, 08:55:53 am »
You either move via foot or 'fly'
It's not working with a grappling hook and teleportation ain't possible either.
Using any flying armor doesn't allow you to 'drop' multiply tiles in one move either.

The spider-suit like in X-Com2 is something that doesn't belong in this game and requires more work than needed for very limited use.

Nothing fancy like that. Just yhe ability to go up one just like in jagged alliance 2.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 22, 2017, 09:20:26 am »
Fairies can only be used by 2 out of 4 codexes. The "Lucky Star" sure looks fantastic and is quite useful but the one usage you had in your last youtube-video was one use for the lulz and it missed.
Sniping anyone and anything with a laser-"shotgun" (SR Shotgun looks to range-efficient for a close-combat weapon) did the job just fine and more reliable than the winged support-mage.

The SR Shotgun looks like it took the place of the Flechette gun before the nerfbat hit it so hard that the clipsize dropped to 8 (former 42 or something) and acc. penalty made the cross-map sniping nearly impossible. While the SR Shotgun can't be replicated, I see no use to toy around with expensive squishy flying suits.
Sentry-Class Vessels spawn frequently to get more shotguns and some ammo while gems are so rare that you never have any supply of them.

That XG-Assault sure blows past the snapshot range, that's why you should get the XG-Rifle, XG-Pistol and XG-Chaingun asap.

Tl;dr: SR Shotgun works too good in situations it should be bad, Fairies are too situational to be a reliable and XG-Assault works totally fine.

And Poet, don't forget that the new patch disallows the use of Ghost-Outfits if you picked the golden codex. I'll call you out if I see you use them ;)

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2017, 08:51:04 pm »
Could anyone write review of the last patch? I wonder. should I upgrade or stick and play previous version.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2017, 08:55:46 pm »
For the sake of your experience, stick with the current patch OR restart.

Upgrading mid-campaign will fill the next month with the new content and can deflate the difficulty.
The new bounty-hunting missions can be quite a milkrun if you got superior arsenal allready.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2017, 04:39:58 pm »
But could you elaborate more about bounty missions? What are they and how ddo they work?

I am a little bit tired with all those restarts on my end everytime new patch shows up :P

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »
But could you elaborate more about bounty missions? What are they and how ddo they work?

I am a little bit tired with all those restarts on my end everytime new patch shows up :P

The new bounty-hunt quests introduced "Trophy Rewards".
You can ca$h in your reward by manufacturing the price as a workshop project and research the 'item'. This way you unlock certain techs required to advance the techtree and/or items for the black market and certain buildings like the dojo. You don't get those techs for 'free' anymore, you have to do the bounty-missions now instead and pile up enough tokens for the 3 different 'customers' each with thier own currency.

Your booty-hunting is determined by the pass you own (you start with level-D). By upgraiding the pass you get new missions and new trophy rewards.
To upgrade you have to invest the currency of all 3 customers to an equal share.

The missions are easy to medium nintendo-hard but get easier with the loot you can get by rewards and basic missions.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2017, 04:39:22 pm »
EDIT: Whoops. Sorry, I posted this in the wrong subforum. Deleted the redundant info.

I have a few questions about this mod. First, how long in RL hours can the average playthrough take? So far it seems it might take at least a few dozens hours, seeing that the game is somewhat slow-moving (depending on your difficulty level and which in-game year it is).

Second, why is the standard music for the battlescape so BAD? It is really bad IMO, it tries to be creepy but quickly becomes annoying. It contrasts too much with the usually cheery music of the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:43:49 pm by HumanTraitor »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »
Depending on how many hours you invest daily, the game will take several weeks to get finished.
If you play it blind, you will take at least a whole month. The game is 'won' if you win Cydonia Phase 1+2. Since the game automatically ends, you can't continue on earth tho.

The track for battlescape isn't that annoying IMO but I like to listen to other music on youtube while playing the game.

Offline perekrylo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2017, 05:09:58 am »
Backspace n ctrl+alt+backspace (or something) wont clear inventory or ship's inventory respectivelyy
 I was using those like half-a year ago but now they wont work :<
Keyboard itself is ok
What do?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:15:25 am by wendy_of_camelot »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2017, 07:07:21 am »
Check your actual key choices would be my suggestion.  Those hotkeys are the defaults.  Should be in settings

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2017, 10:59:07 am »
ctrl+alt+x is the default

Offline perekrylo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2017, 01:18:12 pm »
Oh silly me, right. Thanx.
But if it defaults to ctrl+alt+x shouldnt hottkeys page list this instead of non-working ones? Imma go point this out somewhere

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2017, 12:52:22 pm »
Silly stupid little question, what is with all the tiny "ufos" I spot moving around sometimes? In really huge numbers? I'm guessing they're just large concentrations of people moving about but is there anything to do with them? ... Should I be concerned?

I don't remember these little guys in the last version I played.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2017, 01:32:13 pm »
Silly stupid little question, what is with all the tiny "ufos" I spot moving around sometimes? In really huge numbers? I'm guessing they're just large concentrations of people moving about but is there anything to do with them? ... Should I be concerned?

I don't remember these little guys in the last version I played.

Those are Ratmen Raid Parties searching for your base.
They can launch a crackdown mission against a spotted hideout but the assault isn't that tough once you experienced one. Mostly the dogs and bloodhounds can be troublesome, other than that those are just ratman that crawl through your base/sewers/lifts.