Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033409 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2017, 02:42:44 am »
Ok, The RangeFinder is working as designed.  Its never meant to be "fired" just "aimed."  If you act like you are "aiming" it, the number presented will give you the number of the tiles from the user.  Nifty little tool to get a decent idea of 20 tiles is if you are trying to stay out of one-shot-celatid-spit etc.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2017, 04:03:54 am »
Rangefinder is meant not to be fired, you just use the shown accuracy on the cursor to get the distance to the cursor in tiles.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2017, 11:41:00 am »
Monkey intelligence test: failed :D

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2017, 10:02:14 pm »
Still though, should ideally be a base interface function. :<

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2017, 11:45:54 pm »
Sure, then code it, it's open source project :)

In the meantime you have what could be done cheaply with available resources.

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2017, 12:30:22 am »
Is there a reason you can't stand next to the walls on the right side of the Trader's Guild warehouses?  The terrain doesn't look any different but I can't tell my girls to stand there.  I'll post a screenshot to clarify after I see a new Warehouse Wars mission come up.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2017, 12:42:47 am »
The wall itself covers too much of the tile for it to be passible, same as the outer side walls of the Skyranger in vanilla, if you have the flying suit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2017, 12:05:17 pm »
The wall itself covers too much of the tile for it to be passible, same as the outer side walls of the Skyranger in vanilla, if you have the flying suit.

I think it'll be fixed next version.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2017, 10:54:00 pm »
1. Is there a any difference between Dojo and Luxury Spa in terms of max stat cap training value?

2. What exacly is Dodge? I see that armors do have 0.X*Reacation stat. What does that mean? It is flat chcance to avoid melee attack (face to face or any direction?) or is it substracted from attackers to hit chance? Had weird situation where a parrot dodged all werewolf attacks and now I wonder how this work.

3. Are there any consequences for miliking enemy base? After discovering Church base I often make one-gal raids equpied only in plate mail/shield/spiked mace. I grab the first thing I see (especially stun enemies with shield) and run away. This way I have solid supply of Gauss Weapons (but cant use them now) and Church Reve...Green-robed priests for  reasearch. Was lucky enough to capture Church Cardinal thi way... and get Tesla Coil schematics.

4. Is there a simple early/mid game way to get electronic parts for Tesla Coil? On paper this thing looks amazing but have no idea how to get missing parts so early.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2017, 11:11:38 pm »
1. Is there a any difference between Dojo and Luxury Spa in terms of max stat cap training value?

Yes, the maximum values are a part of a soldier type, not a building. So all buildings have the same max values.

2. What exacly is Dodge? I see that armors do have 0.X*Reacation stat. What does that mean? It is flat chcance to avoid melee attack (face to face or any direction?) or is it substracted from attackers to hit chance? Had weird situation where a parrot dodged all werewolf attacks and now I wonder how this work.

I'm almost 100% sure it subtracts from your normal chances. So some unit can be unhittable by poor fighters. But please don't bet money on this.

3. Are there any consequences for miliking enemy base? After discovering Church base I often make one-gal raids equpied only in plate mail/shield/spiked mace. I grab the first thing I see (especially stun enemies with shield) and run away. This way I have solid supply of Gauss Weapons (but cant use them now) and Church Reve...Green-robed priests for  reasearch. Was lucky enough to capture Church Cardinal thi way... and get Tesla Coil schematics

No consequences, it's legit pirate raiding stuff. :) Can be dangerous though.

4. Is there a simple early/mid game way to get electronic parts for Tesla Coil? On paper this thing looks amazing but have no idea how to get missing parts so early.

No idea. :P

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2017, 11:54:07 pm »
I'm almost 100% sure it subtracts from your normal chances. So some unit can be unhittable by poor fighters. But please don't bet money on this.

It's a direct subtraction from the attacker's chance to hit, dependent on which side you have facing the attacker.  Parrots have pretty good reactions, so I'm guessing they have nice melee dodge as well.

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2017, 04:44:12 am »
The tesla coil doesn't require space electronics, though if you need them, they can be made from disassembling i-guns. If you mean energy weapon parts, they can be found from disassmebling laser weapons, or randomly on military transports, freighters and couriers.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2017, 05:30:21 am »
I can't check now, but I think the tesla coil relies on a lot of integrated devices. Integrated devices can be looted from some Academy troops and by building them from space electronics. Disassembling items mentioned above is a great way to get space electronics, until the player has the research and funds to buy them from the black market.

Also disassembling slave AIs is also a great source of space electronics I find. Loot every shipping you can get your hands on, in other words.

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2017, 05:35:04 am »
The tesla coil doesn't require space electronics, though if you need them, they can be made from disassembling i-guns.
Better to disassemble slave AI.
It is same money-wise if you sell the plasma chambers from i-Guns, but time-wise, Slave AI is 5x more efficient.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2017, 06:07:21 pm »
Is there something like a critical fail or something? Several times I took a 150 something % to shoot someone and the shot hits obstacle... ok, I can bite that.
But having 218% to hit with sniper and missing by 2 squares is kinda hard to swallow. Is there some other factors to be counted after I click to shoot when it shows such % to hit?