aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1055439 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2017, 08:30:31 pm »
Gatling Lasers, from which shipping would i expect to get those? im guessing battleships? having a hard time downing those without more research (which is locked behind gatling laser... i think)

I think bombers and destroyers have them if the parts don't get blown up in the crash landing, otherwise the parts sometimes show up on the larger smuggler ships.

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »
It's funny to load for heavy armor at a pogrom site and step out of the craft only to see this:

Does the Hyperwave Decoder apply to ground missions?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »
Those guys do have access to heavy armor.

Offline EricPhail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2017, 08:23:27 am »
A couple of questions about various armours:

Masochist armour: is the bootypedia lying about blood magic having a chance to increase voodoo str? is it actually possible to gain any xp at all in that outfit btw

Green Lighter: how is the green bong supposed to actually work?

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2017, 09:35:27 am »
Speaking of sectoweed - where can we get it? Over the course of three game-years,  there have only been two occasions in which I collected sectoweed, and it amounts to only half the requirement of the Green Lighter suit.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2017, 10:11:57 am »
sectoweed can be bought at some point. I don't what the relevant tech is though.

I too am curious about the masochist outfit. I have yet to find any of the relevant orbs so i have yet to be able to make one.

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2017, 11:51:17 am »
sectoweed can be bought at some point. I don't what the relevant tech is though.

You need Reticulan contacts, but I wonder what mission parameters are associated with sectoweed as loot. Clearly I've been able to loot it a couple of times, but I'm not sure what it was about those missions...

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:35 pm »
To gain experience with a weapon (blood magic), you need to hit an enemy, not a friendly target.

Offline EricPhail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2017, 04:20:06 pm »
My apologies dioxine, I had tried it a few times with no luck, and combined with allow allow psiStr improvement: no being a forced option, I wondered had that ability been disabled and the bootypedia not updated yet, the comment on the bootypedia lying was intended to be slightly funny but I guess that didn't come across.

I do however restate my question on the green bong how does it work given there is no action for it?

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2017, 07:06:56 pm »
I found some sectoweed durning Blood Rituals missions.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »
There's a chance for sectoweed to spawn during crackhouse missions, but those are early game missions that eventually disappear.  As for the bong, it should have a use that spawns a smoke cloud.  That cloud restores morale and energy I think, but causes stun.  If you don't have an action then that sounds like a bug.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2017, 11:12:17 am »
@EricPhial:
I apologize too, my post was offensive and that's why I have deleted this. So: psi improve it does work, it requires targetting enemies though. It overrides the no psi power training, since it applies xp directly.

Bong is used by simply... firing it, lol :)

Offline EricPhail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2017, 01:59:50 pm »
Huh must have a glitch in my install or something both in wiki and battle the bong has not firing action.

Ruleset diving gives me a costUse which when replaced with costAimed fixes it

But I hadn't edited that before.  Can you check if such an error is in the master copies please, Dioxine?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2017, 04:56:18 pm »
Whoops, indeed. I have tested it long ago, must've changed this later... Will be fixed, like you said, it should be costAimed.

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2017, 01:55:01 am »
Whoops, indeed. I have tested it long ago, must've changed this later... Will be fixed, like you said, it should be costAimed.

Is there a similar problem with the Rangefinder device? In the ruleset it has a "tuCost" line (for 999 TU), and it also doesn't seem to work in missions, giving a warning on insufficient TU.

My own question now, can player characters use healing items on unconscious PC or NPC?

Edit: Answered indirectly in Bug Thread, that unconscious characters are targeted by consumables when the actor is standing on the tile containing the unconscious character.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:39:42 am by desert »