aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1066359 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3705 on: September 18, 2023, 01:24:09 am »
That is a problem that Dio knows, and you might want to wait for the next version where he said that the Thunderbolt spam will be reduced.

Offline conanofcanada

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: September 18, 2023, 02:10:51 am »
Can you elaborate on which random events? Which month? How much money you started with? What difficulty? This sounds like Turan starting events maybe? If so, has nothing to do with personality, has to do with country you started with. But it could be a half dozen other happenings.
On that game I was Eurasian Autonomy, it was 3rd month on second difficulty and its been a while now so I can't remember all the varied random events it was giving me but I remember getting the party one 3 times in that week and one that was -75k repeatedly that had a message that gave no indication of it being due to a decision I made.

Now I'm on a new game, month is September, same difficulty and location and while I've managed to keep myself afloat, the random events still seem to be overly common. Just now I got the disease random event twice within a day or two of each other, while having a sickbay and most of the medical research I've had available.

Offline Simpledude42

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: September 18, 2023, 11:28:36 am »
Another new game month of April first, 8-9 days rise to 1k then drop like a bomb in a matter of 2-3 days to -900 because of transports on the other side of the map.

Insane...

Offline Regulain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: September 18, 2023, 02:01:07 pm »
Is there a mod for faster healing?
I am not a fan of my characters being down for multiple months.

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: September 18, 2023, 03:37:02 pm »
Is there a mod for faster healing?
I am not a fan of my characters being down for multiple months.
You can use this mod from Rangerh. It was made for the 40k mod but I've altered it to work for XPiratez. It makes the access lift in every base heal all soldiers by an additional 2% of their health per day, which means that under no circumstances will any soldier take more than 50 days to fully heal and return to service.

Offline Regulain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: September 18, 2023, 04:05:10 pm »
You can use this mod from Rangerh. It was made for the 40k mod but I've altered it to work for XPiratez. It makes the access lift in every base heal all soldiers by an additional 2% of their health per day, which means that under no circumstances will any soldier take more than 50 days to fully heal and return to service.

Thats great, I was thinking of asking him to modify it for xpiratez if there wasn't a mod already.

Offline Jazztree13

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: September 20, 2023, 02:18:55 pm »
How do you use the tecnovator brainhack? clicking the on screen prompt has no interface and does using the keyboard shortcut.

Offline Yarrr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: September 20, 2023, 05:47:44 pm »
Do riot shields stack with each other?

What about with the built in shields in the armors? Like the chainmail + gothic shield.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: September 21, 2023, 12:51:15 am »
Do riot shields stack with each other?

What about with the built in shields in the armors? Like the chainmail + gothic shield.
different sources of %% damage resistance do stack but only to the amount specified in their description; the first number is how much resist provided, the second is maximum stackable.

Offline Yarrr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: September 21, 2023, 06:09:50 am »
different sources of %% damage resistance do stack but only to the amount specified in their description; the first number is how much resist provided, the second is maximum stackable.

So wearing 2 riots shields works?

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: September 22, 2023, 09:51:37 pm »

Offline Meza

• Squaddie
  • 1st time played X-COM in far 1996!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: September 25, 2023, 07:45:29 pm »
How do you down blue shields guys? Thanks!

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: September 25, 2023, 09:02:52 pm »
Laser or plasma, when using guns.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: September 26, 2023, 03:40:44 pm »
Or the very aptly named Slaughter cannon

Offline Dispector

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: September 29, 2023, 12:29:26 am »
I'm a relative newcover to X-Piratez, so maybe it's a stupid question, but why can't I research the cattle prod? I haven't noticed it to begin with, but it seems to be possible to research any item you own (except those that require special facilities, like slave AI), but Cattle Prod doesn't seem to even have an entry in the Bootypedia (at least search shows only the entry "Cattle Prod ", on how to buy or manufacture it). Is it a known issue or something only I encounter?