aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1067217 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3690 on: August 31, 2023, 09:39:01 am »
Did you happen by chance to have your first original base in Theban Hive? If yes, then that is your answer of "why".

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: August 31, 2023, 09:42:04 am »
Nope first base was in NordFederation

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: August 31, 2023, 11:08:52 pm »
It also had a buch of Confederate Airborne, which I'd never seen before.  But that might just be because I never really mess with the Governments.  Does anybody have a list of stuff than can trigger crackdowns, maybe ther's one I didn't know about.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: September 01, 2023, 01:06:55 am »
Those raids were added in this version as a way to spice things up a bit. They can happen in any base. When I played on John Silver first raid happened in January 2602. I was constantly raided every single month since that.

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: September 01, 2023, 01:18:13 am »
So I didn't do something to antagonize the governments, they can just raid you normally now?  If so thats pretty rough, both because Its currently tommy's against Gauss rifles, and even if you win its about -1500 points.

I guess the ol SS/Peaseant garrisons just don't cut it anymore

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: September 02, 2023, 01:43:34 pm »
So I didn't do something to antagonize the governments, they can just raid you normally now?  If so thats pretty rough, both because Its currently tommy's against Gauss rifles, and even if you win its about -1500 points.

I guess the ol SS/Peaseant garrisons just don't cut it anymore

I have a precise answer now. It's BOSS rank that triggers it. You need "Family ties" to end those raids.

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: September 04, 2023, 05:56:14 am »
Wow that's nasty, Its going to take me a long while to get everything for family ties.  Kinda weird that hitting a rank milestone will hit you with unavoidable missions with big point penalties for so long.  And that you can have a load of government enforcers/elites with gauss raid your poor plantation base 8 months into a game.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: September 05, 2023, 01:18:56 pm »
Are there plans to implement BrutalAI into next version?

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: September 10, 2023, 12:25:54 am »
I just realized the pedia entry for Boss pirate rank straight up says you'll be hit with government attacks and to go for family ties.  So that's fair enough.

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: September 10, 2023, 01:18:26 am »
Are there plans to implement BrutalAI into next version?

I tried BrutalAI 7.6.2 and didn't notice any problems. I don't play with BrutalAI, I make safes at the beginning of each mission for testing. Tried the older version and was not happy with the gameplay, but the new one is a big step forward. But I haven't gotten very far yet, so I don't have a chance to try out missions with more complicated rules.

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: September 10, 2023, 01:22:37 am »
Does anyone know if it is possible on the equipment screen of soldiers in transport to switch between displaying equipment of transport or base?

Offline conanofcanada

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: September 12, 2023, 01:42:51 am »
Has there been some sort of change to the captain type system? By my understanding lazyass was supposed to be the one with less random events, however in the first week of this month I've lost 500k to half a dozen of these events firing. Its hard enough to relearn a build order now that the tech tree is humongous, but always scraping the barrel because RNG decided I had to burn 100k several times in a row makes it ridiculous.

Edit: Its been less than a minute since I submitted this message for mod approval, add another two 'random events' for another -125k
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:45:00 am by conanofcanada »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: September 16, 2023, 02:44:52 am »
Can you elaborate on which random events? Which month? How much money you started with? What difficulty? This sounds like Turan starting events maybe? If so, has nothing to do with personality, has to do with country you started with. But it could be a half dozen other happenings.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:46:27 am by Iazo »

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: September 17, 2023, 10:09:09 am »
That's what it looks like.

Since there is no forewarning to this: Unless you know what you're doing, DO NOT BUILD YOUR FIRST HIDEOUT IN TURAN OR THE THEBAN HIVE.

When starting bonuses were first added, core players quickly found out that two starting countries are significantly better choices than others: The Theban Hive, for providing twelve elite peasants and gear and situationally useful armor from month one onward, and Turan, for three extra warrior gals and having a bunch of technologies available much earlier, most notably hyenas and raiding parties.

To compensate for the generous signup bonus, harsher punishment/challenge events were added - If you cozy up to the Thebans, they'll want you to deal with their enemies in return, and the Turanians have a very loose attitude towards private property. If you have some experience with Piratez, you can use - the loot from a failed assault on your hideouts is top notch, if you can survive. As for Turanians, the major money theft is thankfully a one-time deal and all you can do is adjust your budget accordingly, and in future months you only have to deal with minor thefts of 100k once per month. To compensate for the losses, I suggest taking every opportunity for loot - every mission, every necropirate patrol, and research bounties and monster hunting ASAP.

Offline Simpledude42

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: September 17, 2023, 01:35:30 pm »
What can I do early game (month 3) if I get spammed with helis cops and transports that lower my score to -2k?
I picked lazy ass captain, in Eurasian Autonomy on Fair difficulty and I get so much flyer spam that I can't do anything about it.
I used to play it long go(1-2 years) and came back but the steep difficulty curve in getting reliable craft weapons is now huge.
Not only that but the RNG events with -150 or -100 and the obligatory narlocks and sky ninjas loss are annoying.
On top of it when missions spam I get them all only to end up even or slightly above making the game drag.
I can manage events and missions but every month to have a score loss worse than with enemy bases present is a turnoff.

Any game file modification shenanigans that I could use, I know about the loose score setting, but air RNG or something else to help?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 07:39:06 pm by Simpledude42 »