Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033492 times)

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3585 on: November 06, 2022, 10:22:34 am »
Hi,  how edit mod "Decreased TUs for aliens on your first turn" for piratez?

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: November 06, 2022, 02:15:54 pm »
Hi,  how edit mod "Decreased TUs for aliens on your first turn" for piratez?
Im not aware of there being a mod for it, it has to do with an engine limitation because that's how the X-Com: Ufo Defense game works.

More or less its like in a roleplaying game where you're the one being surprised, everyone else is holding their action and then you trigger it. Makes complete sense, aircraft comes in and the alert goes off, they're watching you land, ready to engage you. Would make sense for most of the other missions too. Like even for mansion invasions the trigger point would be when they realize your Fake IDs dont add up and they pull the alarm.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: November 06, 2022, 03:54:50 pm »
Im not aware of there being a mod for it, it has to do with an engine limitation because that's how the X-Com: Ufo Defense game works.
For this there is a mod that works with scripts and changes the TU of all enemies, but only at the beginning of the battle.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7308.0.html

Somewhere over there in that thread is a more interesting variant of this mod, which reduces TU not equally, but randomly. It's more realistic that way.

As for how to make that mod compatible with X-Piratez, it's best to change the value in the metadata.yml file «master: "xcom1"» to «master: "*"» Then the mod will be available in any variant of the game - UFO, TFTD, X-Files, X-Piratez and so on. And since it is not tied to specific types of enemies, it should work everywhere.
However, I haven't checked.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 03:56:45 pm by yergnoor »

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: November 06, 2022, 10:19:56 pm »
As for how to make that mod compatible with X-Piratez, it's best to change the value in the metadata.yml file «master: "xcom1"» to «master: "*"» Then the mod will be available in any variant of the game - UFO, TFTD, X-Files, X-Piratez and so on. And since it is not tied to specific types of enemies, it should work everywhere.
However, I haven't checked.

this is what i was looking for, thanks

Offline superpippo90

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: November 07, 2022, 01:04:12 pm »
So does that mod only covers the first turn and not reinforcements? In this case, does anyone have a quick way to include them?

Offline Jazztree13

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: November 09, 2022, 04:36:41 pm »
I just changed my game difficulty from the easiest up one level since I wanted to get into voodoo.

I also upped the ExecutionOdds for the priestess event so that I can get voodoo initiation. (though it still shows as red in the tech viewer)

But I'm stuck on dark star as I need to get it from the codex, which I have in my inventory, but can't research a second time(i have it in the base with the old earth lab/computer service)

wat do?

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: November 10, 2022, 02:24:10 am »
my suggestion is to search for all the entries in your save file for the psi related stuff, there is a section that has options like 0,1,2 and that one may show whether the subject has been popped, not discovered, or is blocked. This is used for things like which codex you're using (btw unless you have Gray or possibly Gold you will never be able to use the Psi-Amp) or like after interrogations are done switches off the option ro perform that interrogation again since its unneeded.

it might be worthwhile to delete all entries for the psi stuff because then at least it resets what has changed and will allow you to research that tech stuff from scratch, also check out the living-the-dream Event to see the track record of what it changes

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: November 11, 2022, 08:36:33 pm »
It all began with "I want to create a Herbalist catgirl"... I never thought it would be so hard to do.

At first glance it wasn't look like hard. According to Bootypedia article, there is no prerequisites or incompatibilities to this transformation, just a library (and I have one). And yet despite having some catgirs in my base, I don't see them in transformation list. I opened https://www.xpiratez.wtf/ wiki, often there are more info. No, not this time. I also noticed, that some transformations has 2 articles: one the same as in in game Bootypedia and one with actually useful info like "Workout for Catgirls" and "Bodybuilder". Sadly there is no useful articles for "Herbalist".

Then I realized that not all cats ar equal. Outlaw cats are considered different from regular catgirls and, according to soldier's filter inside the transformations list, they are not eligible for herbalist training. Yes, most of my cats are outlawed, because this is what you always get after recruiting. But one of my cat is not outlawed! If you filter soldiers by type, you can see their type number on the right side. Outlaw cats have number 21. And one of my cat have number 20. But what that actually means?

How to actually determine soldier's type? I can see their flags are different, but that does not say their type name. I opened Piratez.rul file and looked for soldier's types there. I found them, but there are no ids! Maybe their position in array is their type number? No! According in game list, Syn is number 2, but in Piratez.rul file it is 16!

I don't know what to do now... Why in this mod it is sometimes so hard to do things that are supposed to be trivial?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: November 13, 2022, 06:19:48 pm »
Well usually if the soldier type is different there is a different flag in the crew list. Granted that's not particularly obvious.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 13, 2022, 10:38:06 pm »
Yes, it is very not obvious to determine soldier's type by flag. There is no text on this flag and no flag dictionary, not in game, not in wiki.

Offline Milthfphche

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 15, 2022, 09:04:29 am »
Or just edit your save. Find something like:

difficulty: X

Should be one the first lines. X denotes game difficulty(0 to 4)(, so change to whatever you like.

I have no doubt it's been answered before but there are innumerable pages on this forum. Beyond enemy unit counts, what all will change if I increase the difficulty on my current file? Will it affect enemy stats? Will it affect aerial combat? Will it affect my incomes at all, or cause them to cap out at lower maxes?

And while I'm clogging up the thread, one more question: Dioxine recently implied on the "What to do with Dr. X" thread that there might be mutually exclusive opportunities later down the road. For that reason, I've been hesitant to make any decision at all. That being said, it says that one thing she'll eventually lead to is !Into the Void! which affects game progression and all the tech reports leading up to it that I have really got my curiosity going. Am I missing anything significant gameplay-, story-, item-, or tech-wise by putting that off? At the end of the day this mod is already dozens of times the content and enjoyment of the base game so if it's just a quirky little mission waiting on further updates to enhance the questline I can wait for those updates

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 15, 2022, 07:49:04 pm »
I have no doubt it's been answered before but there are innumerable pages on this forum. Beyond enemy unit counts, what all will change if I increase the difficulty on my current file?

Will it affect enemy stats?

Yes.

Will it affect aerial combat?

Yes, only on Jack Sparrow. Enemies will fire faster.

Will it affect my incomes at all, or cause them to cap out at lower maxes?

Yes, sort-of. Increased difficulty imposes a penalty on sell prices to the tune of 10% per step up to 40% penalty on JS. Notably, though, it does NOT influence passive income or infamy bonuses.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: November 18, 2022, 01:38:15 am »
BTW put this file in your ruleset folder and it will do the First Turn TUs thing in XP (randomized).

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 18, 2022, 04:59:37 pm »
Is it possible to completely destroy the sky ninjas?

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 18, 2022, 10:57:55 pm »
Is it possible to completely destroy the sky ninjas?
No because there will always be some kind of missions that select them as the faction. Like Humanists or Spartans.