Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034767 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3435 on: March 17, 2022, 03:12:27 pm »
I think it's also possible to check in-game.

Hands -> Memorial -> Chronicles, or thereabout.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: March 18, 2022, 09:03:04 am »
Nothing is impossible with sufficient masochism. Some rare persons in the community play peasant path, no codex, Jack sparrow and seem to enjoy it.
Not masochism, just rule "Nothing is unbeatable".
Jack Sparrow, peasant way and Green Codex.

Amount of dead peasants is very big. Zerg-rush and "meat shield" are standard tactics.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 18, 2022, 06:31:32 pm »
Open your save, then look for a line "difficulty:" near the top. The number denotes difficulty (starting with 0, ending with 4).
Thanks.
I was getting a bit bored as challenge decreased in lategame o difficulty2.
 Now that I switched it to 4 things got way more exciting and deadly!

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 19, 2022, 07:04:35 am »
One more question:
Is there mechanic to attack shipping with several craft at once? If so, how do I do it (form those craft into "attack wing" somehow)?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 19, 2022, 07:24:02 am »
One more question:
Is there mechanic to attack shipping with several craft at once? If so, how do I do it (form those craft into "attack wing" somehow)?
there's two ways to do this

1) launch the slower craft you want to intercept with (ex. Crab, Kraken), then launch another craft with that first craft as the target. the second craft will fly on top of the first craft and they will all get into combat together

2) launch multiple craft targeting shipping as normal. when the intercept window pops up, click a button in the top left (top right?) to minimize it until your friends show up. be aware you can't do this if the enemy shipping has higher ACCELERATION (ie in-combat speed) than your craft

generally, use the second method against things that don't shoot back and the first method to make multi-craft intercepts against dangerous shipping

Offline Lock_Knight

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: March 20, 2022, 09:37:07 am »
When using the Jellyfish, how do I determine which gal gets stuck in the turret?

Offline Whatifred

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 20, 2022, 12:04:50 pm »
"The first gal assigned to the jellyfish is locked into a sniping post" I assume they mean the top most gal in the "hands" menu (but if I am mistaken then its the bottom most one)

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 22, 2022, 10:43:00 pm »
Hello
Is there a way to change aggressiveness of melee enemies (like zombies and animals)?
I recently had mission with lots of zombies, and they just milled around  their starting locations, turning it from potentially exciting and dangerous battle with horde of undead into a boring shooting gallery. Same with most hunting missions.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: March 23, 2022, 03:35:58 am »
Hello
Is there a way to change aggressiveness of melee enemies (like zombies and animals)?
I recently had mission with lots of zombies, and they just milled around  their starting locations, turning it from potentially exciting and dangerous battle with horde of undead into a boring shooting gallery. Same with most hunting missions.

You can try messing with the aggressiveness stat for units but this is not a particularly well documented part of the engine. Modifications to this value have lead to erratic results in the past.

Offline Lock_Knight

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: March 23, 2022, 05:11:13 am »
"The first gal assigned to the jellyfish is locked into a sniping post" I assume they mean the top most gal in the "hands" menu (but if I am mistaken then its the bottom most one)

Thanks; forgot that list was sort-able.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: March 23, 2022, 07:54:36 am »
You can try messing with the aggressiveness stat for units but this is not a particularly well documented part of the engine. Modifications to this value have lead to erratic results in the past.
Where do I find said Aggressiveness stat?
Also, does "sneaky AI" setting influences described situations much?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3446 on: March 23, 2022, 02:19:22 pm »
Basic zombies already have Aggressiveness set absurdly high (7-8), so I don't think cranking it up further will help.
This setting can be found in Piratez_Faction.rul, on units.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: March 23, 2022, 10:11:52 pm »
Don't take my word, I don't find myself playing much recently, but sneaky AI does influence enemies to be less aggressive and try to be "smarter." However with melee enemies it can be detrimental and result in some of what you described.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: March 24, 2022, 10:13:13 am »
Don't take my word, I don't find myself playing much recently, but sneaky AI does influence enemies to be less aggressive and try to be "smarter." However with melee enemies it can be detrimental and result in some of what you described.
Does changing  " sneaky AI" during combat takes effect immediately or is it something that has to load up somehow and will take effect only in next battle?
I normally like challenge of enemies being sneaky and actually using cover, but if it's ruining battles vs all-melee factions it would be cool if it could be changed after combat starts (and you see that bandit camp is now populated by zombies, for example).

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 24, 2022, 10:20:04 am »
In my experience "sneaky AI" makes AI MUCH less effective, melee or not.

AI has a couple of advantages: taking a lot of shots, and finding quircky, impossible angles of shooting to ruin your day.

Sneaky AI ruins volume of fire first and foremost, leaving the player the initiative of methodically flushing out cover. Players have huge advantage in this area, especially with aggressive tactics. Met with agression, sneaky AI will fold and try and hide, instead of unloading a double sawedoff in your overextended ass.