aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1055510 times)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3450 on: March 25, 2022, 02:22:48 am »
"when an angry uber-gal pirate charges at them screaming bloody murder, the Sneaky AI usually runs away and tries to hide"
that sounds like an inadvertent feature

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 25, 2022, 07:52:42 pm »
I must confess that I do abuse AI's inability to logically respond to a gal standing on adjacent tile. Any player in such situation would step one tile back and unload autoshot at the enemy. But AI reliably just walks away and ends it's turn.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: March 26, 2022, 11:14:29 pm »
I must confess that I do abuse AI's inability to logically respond to a gal standing on adjacent tile. Any player in such situation would step one tile back and unload autoshot at the enemy. But AI reliably just walks away and ends it's turn.

That is taken into consideration as a gameplay "feature" (because engine limitations and stuff). Otherwise mechanic like CQC gunfire evasion would be pointless. They either escape from potential melee fighter, or try to shoot it, thus not hitting at all.

Offline Chonks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: April 02, 2022, 04:24:27 pm »
Hi there,
Im a little confused on a part of my research tree where I want to research Hidden desires, but I need the wasteland sorceress but I cannot research the sorceress because threads of prophecy severed has disabled it, and im concerned I may have made an dangerous error at some point in the research, Is there a way to research the sorceress? I need to research this as it is the only topic I need to research in order to unlock higher studies.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: April 02, 2022, 05:39:09 pm »
you cannot get the sorceress (or some other beneficial events) on the lowest difficulty

Offline Chonks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: April 03, 2022, 01:11:25 am »
you cannot get the sorceress (or some other beneficial events) on the lowest difficulty
Oh, Thats a little frustrating, Would debug mode help as a work around for the research tree? I started the game on the easiest difficulty as I didn't know how the game would play, that and the fact im not very good at xcom.

Offline revenous

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: April 03, 2022, 09:12:19 am »
This mod is amazing! Absoltuely having a blast playing it.

However, I must confess that I sometimes find it difficult to resist the urge to savescum when things go bad. To combat this I started a game on Ironman/Supermutant. The run has been been going pretty well (super tense on Ironman, which is fun!) with only a handful of deaths -- until recently that is where my airbus was ambushed and destroyed (newish game in April 2601). Ordinarily, I would have reloaded but I was forced to tough it out and was pleasantly surprised to find out that my crew didn't perish but arrived a few days later at my main base unscathed.

Is the survival of the crew guaranteed after the destruction of the craft, or is it based off a different mechanic? My follow-up question is how do you defend against those types of attacks in the early game?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: April 03, 2022, 09:14:29 pm »
This mod is amazing! Absoltuely having a blast playing it.

However, I must confess that I sometimes find it difficult to resist the urge to savescum when things go bad. To combat this I started a game on Ironman/Supermutant. The run has been been going pretty well (super tense on Ironman, which is fun!) with only a handful of deaths -- until recently that is where my airbus was ambushed and destroyed (newish game in April 2601). Ordinarily, I would have reloaded but I was forced to tough it out and was pleasantly surprised to find out that my crew didn't perish but arrived a few days later at my main base unscathed.

Is the survival of the crew guaranteed after the destruction of the craft, or is it based off a different mechanic? My follow-up question is how do you defend against those types of attacks in the early game?

Hint #137: When being intercepted by an enemy craft, the crew will engage some of the safety systems. If the worst comes to pass, this will allow them to survive the controlled crash, but not to save any equipment from the wreckage.

You can try to evade enemy fighters by watching the map for a few minutes and seeing where they're headed, then flying around them. This works best if you've got a faster craft and, ideally, good radar coverage.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3458 on: April 03, 2022, 11:43:16 pm »
Oh, Thats a little frustrating, Would debug mode help as a work around for the research tree? I started the game on the easiest difficulty as I didn't know how the game would play, that and the fact im not very good at xcom.

You can edit your save and change difficulty from 0 to 1. It's only a little harder, and no content is cut.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: April 04, 2022, 12:07:35 pm »
I have Wasteland priestess related question too.
I started on difficulty 1, later jumped to 3 i think.
I am at 2064 august and the Priestess II just doesn't show up, bottlenecking all my occult research. 
What should I do to get her? (save file attached)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: April 04, 2022, 02:11:27 pm »
You already have the priestess. You need to research The Dark Star which you get by researching your Codex (again).

Btw, how did you get $12M in the first month of the game? And how is it that your 1st month maintenance cost was 6M?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 03:26:08 pm by Delian »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: April 04, 2022, 03:38:08 pm »
You already have the priestess. You need to research The Dark Star which you get by researching your Codex (again).

Btw, how did you get $12M in the first month of the game? And how is it that your 1st month maintenance cost was 6M?
I have priestess I, I cant research Dark star without getting Priestess II If i understand it correctly.
(O do I need to spam-research Codex until I hit the Dark Star on RNG god?)
As for 12m, I believe it is for the month I edited the save file to jump to higher difficulty.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 09:35:50 am by Ruberto »

Offline revenous

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: April 06, 2022, 04:52:31 am »
I have a potentially silly question.

In the upper right screen I sometimes see something that looks like this:

CHILLIN'
B: 0 R: 10

What does this mean? Including SS as well.

Offline Daenen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: April 06, 2022, 09:09:00 am »
I have a potentially silly question.

In the upper right screen I sometimes see something that looks like this:

CHILLIN'
B: 0 R: 10

What does this mean? Including SS as well.

It's the number of idle Brainers (Scientists) and Runts (Engineers) you have. Optimally you want nobody idle, for your runts you can set them working on and selling something profitable to make additional income if there's nothing else you want them to specifically manufacture.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: April 06, 2022, 01:06:21 pm »
if your runts are idle, make more guns/armor
if you have enough of that, sell grog