aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034308 times)

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3240 on: December 09, 2021, 03:06:33 pm »
Thanks now to hope the mission drops for a third time relatively early, since I'm starting to get immortals awards. Well also gotta look for good bio damage since I mostly ignored that type of damage so far and I doubt the Cobra Staff is gonna cut it in bringing the pyramid down.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: December 09, 2021, 04:22:44 pm »
Chem, not bio.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: December 09, 2021, 10:16:57 pm »
Anything that explodes works. Satchel charges, two or three per pyramid, ought to work. In addition, to stop the swarms of zombies coming from within, also blow up the interior with another charge.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: December 13, 2021, 01:13:01 am »
Yeah, threw chem and bio together since I use neither, will take chem and Satchel if the mission is to pop up a third time.

Blowing up the base stops the Zombies from popping up? But they are great to train my mele fighters, sit at the door so only one can attack from the front, to collect "multiple melee kills in one battle" awards. Also I want a few more undead knight corpses for completion.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: December 15, 2021, 08:50:31 am »
It turns out it wasn't the Black Pyramid after all but the Portal thingy down in the base that had to be destroyed, anyway now I got it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 08:55:35 am by qwertzy »

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: December 15, 2021, 03:59:18 pm »
Does taking out landed ships also trigger crackdown missions or is it just shooting them down? Not sure about that.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: December 15, 2021, 04:06:11 pm »
Just shootdowns.  Additionally, the following are free game to shoot down as well:

-Civilians (they don't shoot back)
-Academy nurse hospital ships
-Megapol (blue flying cars)
-Bandits (wasps and I'm assuming the new bandit zepellin)
-Necroplanes (those WW2 style ancient ships)

No idea on the metal cone cut off one, though.  I think those are reticulan and are fair game, but they might not be.

Note:  You will get fines and large point loss for raiding government ships, but who cares xD

Edit: Btw, do you find necroplane parts only from necroplanes?  Looking at the stats on these early game crafts like daredevils and buckaroos, by the time you can shoot down a necroplane you wouldn't actually need those crafts anymore.  Maybe it's only useful for the irontribes start.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:54:10 pm by Greep »

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: December 15, 2021, 07:30:44 pm »
You can get parts from shooting down necroplane, as you know. Also doing any mission on a map with necroplane wreck awards parts like shot down plane (happens randomly), also bandit zeppelins give a few parts and that early game fighters with mohawk pilots too. That's all I remember, may be more.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: December 15, 2021, 09:43:31 pm »
I started playing this recently, and got a question:

In one of my failed runs I researched the Shadowbat, Shadowtech and the Cloaking Device, and I assumed that the Cloak could be installed in one of Shadowbat's non-weapon slots, but I couldn't. Assuming that Shadowbat comes with one baked in, I tried to place the Cloaking Device in other ships with non-weapon slots, but I couldn't.

Is there is something obvious I'm missing after trying re-read the bootypedia and tech tree viewer several times?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: December 15, 2021, 10:57:22 pm »
The cloaking device comes built in most of your mid-game- advanced craft. It's a building material, you do not need to install it. (Or, in the case of Shadowbat and the like, it comes with it pre-installed).

The cloaking device is a vehicle for storytelling, actually, not a functional piece of equipment. All your craft are assumed to have cloaking built-in, either from cloaking device, or from being ridiculous(zeppelin), old as fuck(buckaroo), or indistinguishable from normal civilian craft(airbus/aircar).

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: December 16, 2021, 03:55:35 pm »
One question about money, eying the privatising of world peace I started to save up but whenever I got about 750 million bucks, I get a 250 million tewrror hack, is there some kind of soft cap to money or was I just unlucky so far?

Another question is about technology, I can't find the technology needed for fusion power in the tech tree to build the best craft weapons and combat units I've researched so far, and seeing that I can't research anything anymore anyway i'd like to know what I'm missing or if that technology is codex bound.

Offline teddybbeer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: December 16, 2021, 04:15:26 pm »
what does "spy on ninjas" work do?

manufactured it twice, first time got young uber back, second time nothing

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: December 16, 2021, 04:43:10 pm »
Money - there's a typical 2^something variable cap, but in the normal gameplay you will not reach it. These events work as a reminder to reinvest money. To prevent them buy something like gold which has high resell value at the last day. These events are generated at the first day of the month and they check your current gold value. If you have 1000000 gold nuggets and 1000 dollars, you will not get a hack. Personally, while not stockpiling money I buy goblin zaxx slave taskmasters for leftovers. While they wouldn't pay for themselves (return takes like 8 years to become a profit, while the game takes like 3-4), decreasing maintenance pressure and getting storage space feels like a worthwhile thing.

Maybe you have the technology, but not the building? Without the fusion furnace present you can't build fusion ball launcher, for example.
Check "facility missing" tab

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: December 16, 2021, 06:01:45 pm »
Yes, I missed the fact that I unlocked Fusion furnace, anyway will go with buying gold bars thx.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: December 17, 2021, 06:47:16 am »
what does "spy on ninjas" work do?

manufactured it twice, first time got young uber back, second time nothing

You can check the random production here:

https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_SPY_ON_NINJAS

Doesn't seem to be worth it, TBH.  Chance of tech and 200k in chips basically, but high risk and time consuming, net glamour loss.  Pretty analogous to webjobs really
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 06:54:26 am by Greep »