Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034806 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3195 on: October 22, 2021, 05:00:26 pm »
Is there a way to preset the behavior in air combat? I would like the Kraken to tank and the Brave Whaler to hang back. But I am too slow give the orders in time.

Yes, sometimes it's hard to direct such air battle.
I'd to see some sort of shortcut keys for the aircraft in combat. Like press 1 to attack from a distance, 2 for normal attack, 3 for close attack, 4 to keep distance, 5 to disengage.

Offline Rhadmaty

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: October 26, 2021, 06:46:36 pm »
Where can you get advanced sonic weaponry(cannons and rifles) aside from gambling? So far I've only been able to find pistols in Devil's Reef.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 27, 2021, 08:39:42 am »
Hello
Question about how damage is calculated vs armour.
For example:
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##XTURRET_CANNON_ARMOR
Has armour 70, Concussion damage multiplier 0.35
Is hit with
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_RECOILLESS_RIFLE
Average damage 125, Armor effectiveness: 0.6, Armor pre-damage multiplier: 0.125
So on average, hit from recoilless rifle  normal shell does to the turret 0.35*(125-70*0.6)=30 damage; or 0.35*(125-70*0.125)=41 damage; or how is it calculated?
Also, does anyone know how many hp the turret has? (so i can calculate how many hits on average would be required to bring it down)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:54:32 am by Ruberto »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: October 27, 2021, 11:49:23 am »
Okay here is how damage works.

First the dmg roll, in this case 50-150% is applied to (base+power bonus) Lets assume average of 100% for simplicity. For basic R-shell that's 125. No power bonus and 100% roll. 125.

Next resist of target, in this case piercing the turret has .75. So 125 x.75=93.75

Next armor. pre-armor damage of the shell is applied damaging targets armor. Pre armor dealt is a multiple of damage after resist. In this case 93.75 x .125=11.7.
Destroy this much of the targets armor. 70-11.7=58.3

The turret now has 58.3 armor. this is multiplied by armor effectiveness of the shell, .6, for 58.3 x.6=34.98 Then subtract this from the damage. 93.75-34.98=58.77. We now have penetrating damage.

Penetrating damage is the value used by damage alters to determine how much of what kind of damage is applied. The R-shell only has one special alter .75 stun. The rest are default. Default HP alter is 1. So 58.77 damage is dealt to hp. Stun alter is .75, 58.77 x.75=44.07 stun dealt. Default armor alter is .1, 58.77x.1=5.8 to armor.

Round if needed.

Final result 59 hp, 44 stun and a total of 18 armor lost(12 from pre, 6 from penetrating alter).

Any questions?

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: October 27, 2021, 01:11:17 pm »
Okay here is how damage works.
Final result 59 hp, 44 stun and a total of 18 armor lost(12 from pre, 6 from penetrating alter).
Any questions?
Thanks a lot, the mechanics were bit confusing.
Do you know how much HP the turret has? it's bootypedia page doesn't seem to list it.
Also, armor loss affects only the  facing hit (for example side or front) or armour all around?
By the calculation you presented, after 2 hits hits from recoilless rifle (-18 armor per hit, so 70-18*2=34), turret should be weakened enough to be penetrated by damage 40 weapons, do i understand this correctly?
Furthermore, as damage modifier from damage type is applied before armour, it follows that most supposedly anti- tank weapons like RPG HEAT and panzerfaust are actually crap against tanks and turrets, since such armored units have very unfavorable damage mod vs concussive damage type, reducing their initially deceptively high damage so much it can't penetrate armour, on average?
For example  RPG HEAT vs turret does 100*0.35=35 dmg; turret's armour is 70*0.4=28, 35-28=7 dmg.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 05:18:00 pm by Ruberto »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 28, 2021, 02:02:38 am »
Next armor. pre-armor damage of the shell is applied damaging targets armor. Pre armor dealt is a multiple of damage after resist. In this case 93.75 x .125=11.7.
Destroy this much of the targets armor. 70-11.7=58.3
This is incorrect, armor value is not touch on this stage, reduction is saved and added to normal armor damage and it do not affect unit until other damage calculations are done.
This mean in theoretical scenario when you could have hit that melt whole armor but it could not do any damage to health at fist shoot.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 28, 2021, 05:50:57 am »
This is incorrect, armor value is not touch on this stage, reduction is saved and added to normal armor damage and it do not affect unit until other damage calculations are done.
This mean in theoretical scenario when you could have hit that melt whole armor but it could not do any damage to health at fist shoot.
Really? huh then a fair part of the community has had it wrong for years, thou i guess it's an easy thing to assume.
Do you know how much HP the turret has? it's bootypedia page doesn't seem to list it.
Also, armor loss affects only the  facing hit (for example side or front) or armour all around?
By the calculation you presented, after 2 hits hits from recoilless rifle (-18 armor per hit, so 70-18*2=34), turret should be weakened enough to be penetrated by damage 40 weapons, do i understand this correctly?
Furthermore, as damage modifier from damage type is applied before armour, it follows that most supposedly anti- tank weapons like RPG HEAT and panzerfaust are actually crap against tanks and turrets, since such armored units have very unfavorable damage mod vs concussive damage type, reducing their initially deceptively high damage so much it can't penetrate armour, on average?
For example  RPG HEAT vs turret does 100*0.35=35 dmg; turret's armour is 70*0.4=28, 35-28=7 dmg.

In order

No, booty pedia list hp else-wear if at all, the armor profile(resists, stat buffs, ect) is a separate entity. All units are outfit+user. Bad guys just happen to only have one predefined outfit, but the data structure is the same.

Only the struck faceing takes armor damage unless the attacking weapon has ignore direction=true, the slime weapons are an example, they always strike the heaviest facing.

Aye 2ish hits would take off quite a bit of armor letting other lighter guns help out.

Most anti tank weapons are concussive type and aoe, tank resists are higher because a tank takes multiple hits from aoe, 1 hit for each tile in aoe, if they had a normal 1x1 unit resistance they would just insta pop to the first thing to exceed armor. Another factor to the aoe anti tank is that aoe with an origin within 3 tiles goes against under armor. So something like a panzerfuast has high dmg and hits the weakest armor multiple times, but the tank is pretty resistant to smooth the performance a little.
To use your heat example, 100x.35=35 after resist. 35 for under armor with .4 effectiveness. 35x.4=14. 35-14=21. Then the additional hits on the other tiles.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: October 28, 2021, 11:14:55 am »
Really? huh then a fair part of the community has had it wrong for years, thou i guess it's an easy thing to assume.
In order
If someone do not try overwrite this logic using y-scripts then it should behave this way, difference is bit subtle and why is easy to miss it.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 31, 2021, 08:41:42 am »
How you guys use Pigeon and spy zeppelin?
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_ZEPPELIN 
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_PIGEON
Like I tried to use pigeon for it's supposed intended use (patrolling the globe radar-scanning it for something interesting), but it just gets shot down by random raider/gov ship passing by.
Do you just tank it's modest cost as acceptable loss or am i using it wrongs?

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 31, 2021, 08:56:01 am »
Consider them an atavism of pre-hunter-killer versions.
Spy Zeppelins were useful to cover spots which inevitable would be left between your bases, but without invisibility they are pretty worthless now.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 31, 2021, 02:24:05 pm »
Consider them an atavism of pre-hunter-killer versions.
Spy Zeppelins were useful to cover spots which inevitable would be left between your bases, but without invisibility they are pretty worthless now.

Well zeppelin in the most recent patch did in fact get intercept invisibility, though it's no longer a transport. So it's a big radar blimp and nothing else.

Pigeon does suck in current ninja meta. Too vulnerable to interception.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: November 04, 2021, 08:01:44 pm »
I recently researched https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_NO_CIVILIAN_TRAFFIC
and got the commemorative stelae;
however, civilian craft still appear on my radar occasionally, are there some new penalties introduced after that research for shooting them civilians down?
Can I sell the stelae, or is it's high sell cost a noob bait like menacing hull was and I will need it for something later?

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: November 04, 2021, 09:17:05 pm »
I recently researched https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_NO_CIVILIAN_TRAFFIC
and got the commemorative stelae;
however, civilian craft still appear on my radar occasionally, are there some new penalties introduced after that research for shooting them civilians down?
Can I sell the stelae, or is it's high sell cost a noob bait like menacing hull was and I will need it for something later?
It will take some time before civilian crafts stop spawning, about 2 months or something. And you can sell it, it's not used for anything.

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: November 06, 2021, 03:58:41 am »
If I reject the power what vehicles will be available to me?  Turtle or maybe the Snake?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: November 06, 2021, 05:57:52 am »
the reject route has it's own unique craft but you lose out on the codex tied craft like the menace class, and the "battery" teir STC craft.