aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034328 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2955 on: April 08, 2021, 04:48:26 pm »
copy ufo, your saves, and the config files, nothing else. Unless you have modified the file structure the user folder also contains the whole of the mod, so obviously will cause problems.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: April 08, 2021, 08:30:36 pm »
copy ufo, your saves, and the config files, nothing else. Unless you have modified the file structure the user folder also contains the whole of the mod, so obviously will cause problems.

It still doesn't work.
Tried a fresh install and it still refuses to boot. I'm thinking it's an incompatibility issue with OpenXcom Extended at this point.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: April 08, 2021, 09:05:07 pm »
It still doesn't work.
Tried a fresh install and it still refuses to boot. I'm thinking it's an incompatibility issue with OpenXcom Extended at this point.

That's a possibility.  Piratez comes with the 64-bit version of openxcom.  If you have a 32-bit pc you need to DL the 32-bit version of openxcom extended separately and replace the one that comes with Piratez.  I have a 32-bit laptop so I have to do that everytime Piratez is updated.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: April 08, 2021, 09:13:24 pm »
It still doesn't work.
From USER folder: copy over only save files (from .\piratez). Nothing else.
MODS folder and .cfg may be incompatible since couple of years have passed since you last played.

Also there's a native Linux version of OXCE available here (you mentioned using wine). However I don't know how to make it work with XPZ since it comes with tweaked OXCE pre-installed. Not that I think it's necessary (again coz wine) but worth considering as last resort option, if everything else fails. I'm not tech savvy enough to provide further help on the matter.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: April 09, 2021, 01:45:19 am »
What will happen when the same ufo will land again, after killing larger part of it crew?
There will be fewer enemies or fresh new and full crew?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: April 09, 2021, 03:32:11 am »
fresh and new. The geoscape and the battlescape are basically completely separate engines, and the data passed is very minimized.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: April 10, 2021, 04:56:24 am »
From USER folder: copy over only save files (from .\piratez). Nothing else.
MODS folder and .cfg may be incompatible since couple of years have passed since you last played.

Also there's a native Linux version of OXCE available here (you mentioned using wine). However I don't know how to make it work with XPZ since it comes with tweaked OXCE pre-installed. Not that I think it's necessary (again coz wine) but worth considering as last resort option, if everything else fails. I'm not tech savvy enough to provide further help on the matter.

I got it working. Had to use a mac OpenXcom instead of using Wine to run the one provided in the file.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: April 11, 2021, 10:50:33 pm »
That reminds me - having caught some flak from my Cruiser Rodeo a few weeks ago by Dioxine I feel I should preface what actually went on there.

I landed on the Cruiser with the intention of making it leave before a base appeared. But since I had a Heavy Laser I decided to see how far I could get, I wanted to capture equipment. The first guy near my airspeeder had a Plasma Scorcher and he missed with his reactions shot - I nailed him and grabbed the scorcher. But there were very few other mobs outside the ship. After that one body led to another, and after I was already in the ship I just decided to make it work.

Granted while I didn't have much of anything good, I did have Captured equip like the Heavy Laser with Adv clips. I was nowhere near mfg laser clips for it yet. And that did have an impact because even considering statistical ammo I blew through 3 of my 6 Adv clips in that whole rodeo with the other ships involved. It was worth it but even in my current save point I haven't reclaimed those back up to that point.

What is the name of those ships that look like the OG supply ships (peanut shaped?) They're definitely HKs in piratez.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:52:13 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: April 12, 2021, 12:59:42 am »
What is the name of those ships that look like the OG supply ships (peanut shaped?)
Frigate.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: April 12, 2021, 08:04:24 pm »
What does Freshness do? It just seems to drain on it's own and I'm not sure what it does.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: April 12, 2021, 08:13:35 pm »
Freshness is mostly like a secondary fatigue meter, the lower your freshness the worse your morale, TU, stamina, and stun recover are. It is also used to fuel voodoo, and certain consumables.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: April 13, 2021, 03:43:06 pm »
Can anyone explain how protective gear work?
What resistance outcone will I get If I have 400% chocking resistance and equip gas mask?
Set to 70% from mask?
400-70=320%?
400x0.7=280%?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: April 13, 2021, 03:52:02 pm »
As far as I know, it's neither of the two.

There's a practically un-describable formula/script behind it, trying to understand it just hurts the brain.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: April 13, 2021, 05:19:40 pm »
Freshness is mostly like a secondary fatigue meter, the lower your freshness the worse your morale, TU, stamina, and stun recover are. It is also used to fuel voodoo, and certain consumables.

It's also attacked by certain types of ammo/grenades - which is very annoying!  The lowered effects are quite noticeable when your freshness meter is zeroed out by one of those attacks.  And as far as i can tell, there are very few consumables that restore freshness, the ones that do (cigarettes/cigars) also cause HP damage. Troops recover freshness at the base, certain facilities increase recovery.   It is a way to encourage you to rotate your troops (like Long War's fatigue). 

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: April 13, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »
As far as I know, it's neither of the two.

There's a practically un-describable formula/script behind it, trying to understand it just hurts the brain.

The description is "Effectivity: by what factor Resistance is improved between current value and Boundary", so the question is how "improved" is applied.

It should be a simple question whether the resist modifier replaces the armor resist, is multiplicative with the armor resist, or subtracts from the armor resist. I haven't looked into the script, and don't have a copy of the mod data here at work.   My suspicion, based on the combination of gym-suit clad gals wearing a ushanka (who still take noticeable stun, but no longer take HP damage), is that the value is multiplicative with the armor, which also makes the most sense with the text description.  But I haven't done enough testing to confirm that.