Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033285 times)

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2220 on: March 31, 2020, 04:28:55 pm »
Gambling gets considerably better as you become able to cash in the better tickets (zortrium, etc), but even the copper and iron ones can give you weapons and ammo that you wouldn't normally get so easily in the early game, which can be a great help with research in the early game and gives you another avenue through which you can get better weapons early on. Getting tommy guns early on is a godsend when you only have shitty low damage rifles, muskets and bows.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 05, 2020, 06:31:16 pm »
Anyone got that anoying problem with Hunter Killers appearing out of nowhere next to your base just to snipe troop transports?

They are literally appearning out of the void (spawning) when unarmored troop transports start to somewhere, but are hesitant to appear when more armored crafts start to fly somewhere.

https://easyupload.io/v6xpqq - Save file. For example try to send TURTLE-1 to Mutant Pogrom in South America and watch your base.
I'm quite locked down for eternity. I admit that I'm a bit behind with craft tech (as I never put any emphasis on crafts till I can build atleast Kraken), and I could understand HK finding me during random flights around the globe, but dropping out of the orbit when I fly out of the base is a bit unfair. I can't imagine trying to start Superhuman playtrough when constantly having in mind that in random point in the future there might be a craft that will spawn right next to my base just as I will send troop transport and its powerfull enough to deal with Scarab quite easly.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 06, 2020, 09:37:10 am »
Like I assumed, you got very lucky with enemy hideout spawn. (I hired expedition in the second base and sent it to search area around your first base)
https://imgur.com/IVv3SVr
Landed green medium does base supplying, your base is inside enemy's hideout radar range (you can see the circle on the screenshot), when you enter it (launch a ship), you get intercepted.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:42:13 am by Gremlion »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 06, 2020, 12:41:39 pm »
Like I assumed, you got very lucky with enemy hideout spawn. (I hired expedition in the second base and sent it to search area around your first base)
https://imgur.com/IVv3SVr
Landed green medium does base supplying, your base is inside enemy's hideout radar range (you can see the circle on the screenshot), when you enter it (launch a ship), you get intercepted.

That does explains that. Thanks. I was getting paranoid about it.

Offline Palin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 08, 2020, 02:20:05 am »
After the update to version L1 I can't anymore buy seagull missile so I have to use 20mm cannon  :-\
The Gray codex give me the launcher but without ammo bah :(
Is there any research I have to perform ? Contact Smugglers I always finished

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 08, 2020, 05:12:03 am »
Look for Seagull Missiles in the tech viewer (press q while on the globe). It got moved further in the tech tree due to them obsoleting spike rockets way too early.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 12, 2020, 10:04:31 pm »
Hi, ppl, long time no see;)
 So, I am still using the version from march 2019 and I wanna ask, would I screw up my game if I use the debug mode to research the things that I couldn't otherwise get with my codex? Or do I research these AFTER I research all the 100 percent?

I would like to upgrade to current version, but have no clue what to do and where to go. Links and advice, please?

PS:
The game KICKS ASS, BRO!

Luck, love and health to every1, Alex

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 12, 2020, 11:22:12 pm »
Debug in extra tech at your own peril. It probably won't crash or be unplayable but weird interactions will happen. Debug addtions is the only way to get 100%, since there are exclusive paths and the UI shows % of all techs.

Get the package from the first page of the main thread. Make a clean install after backing up your saves and config file. Then read through the upgrading saves thread and apply fixes needed from there to your save.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 13, 2020, 11:21:23 am »
Debug in extra tech at your own peril. It probably won't crash or be unplayable but weird interactions will happen. Debug addtions is the only way to get 100%, since there are exclusive paths and the UI shows % of all techs.

Get the package from the first page of the main thread. Make a clean install after backing up your saves and config file. Then read through the upgrading saves thread and apply fixes needed from there to your save.

Thank you, bro.
Just, PLS, remind me what is a clean install? Overwriting with a new version, st. else..? Sorry to bother, I used to be a good modder, but now - I just fughot it. :(
And, everyone, for, Heaven's sake, STAY SAFE! :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:23:54 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 13, 2020, 05:04:13 pm »
Clean as in:
1. Download a fresh copy of the newest version.
2. Extract where you want (NOT in the old version folder!).
3. Add original UFO.
4. Play.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 14, 2020, 09:48:21 pm »
how

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 14, 2020, 10:22:25 pm »
Try putting the ammo on the craft first?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 14, 2020, 10:45:30 pm »
The item it needs is "HWP Ammo Crate".

What you have in your stores are different items - "HWP Ammo Crate/PS" and "HWP Ammo Crate/MAG". The code that loads the cyberdisc's ammo can only look for one specific item as ammo, not the whole category of "HWP Ammo Crate/Something".

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:25 pm »
@vadracas: i tried. i even shipped my gnome and a lokknaar in, in the vain hope the disc might be some kind of "armor" (like the cars/tanks).
@ohartenstein23: thanks for the explanation. Although this makes my whole cyberdisc endevaour a lot less cool. i like the sound of the MAG ammo :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 15, 2020, 12:54:18 am »
You can still use the PS and MAG ammo on soldiers that "wear" vehicles as "armor" when the vehicle comes with a HMG.