Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034809 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1995 on: October 31, 2019, 10:24:34 pm »
It's not necessary anyway as apples are very plentiful.

Still looking for that music, by the way.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 01, 2019, 04:58:30 pm »
Never.
Ahhh  :-\
In the case of apples, since they are an ingredient for the Rum medikit, maybe could it be an alternate (even expensive) way to acquire apples besides loot from a battle?

It's not necessary anyway as apples are very plentiful.
In my last campaign, I actually ran out of apples. I had a dedicated base doing pretty much the apple wine thing non-stop. Eventually I had to stop it so apples would be reserved for the rum only.

Something I like about Piratez is the economics. I am/was hoping on some farming industry would be implemented some day. Maybe some sort of plantations that would provide random productions of produce that otherwise would require good RNG luck of a mission. After all, I need all the ingredients for that reaper meat dish I've collecting after those in-game years.  :)

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 02, 2019, 05:23:40 pm »
...Why are there suddenly random explosions happening on Temple Raids? Does it have to do with the changes to grenades?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1998 on: November 02, 2019, 05:37:37 pm »
...Why are there suddenly random explosions happening on Temple Raids? Does it have to do with the changes to grenades?

Not "suddenly" but always were, not "random" but there is a reason, no it has nothing to do with grenades in any sort, form or fashion. Not a bug.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 02, 2019, 05:44:08 pm »
Didn't necessarily think it was a bug, was just extremely confused when it happened two times in a row and never encountered it before.

This mod sometimes.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 03, 2019, 04:40:33 am »
reality is fickle here, enjoy.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 03, 2019, 10:17:15 am »
Lore clarifications: How can non-Ubers survive exposure to hellerium radiation in the hideout potentially for years? Ubers live half as long as unmodified natural humans unless gnomified by controlled hellerium starvation or recieving some kind of advanced medical care, that is why your crew celebrates "birthday" twice a year?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 03, 2019, 11:17:24 am »
Lore clarifications: How can non-Ubers survive exposure to hellerium radiation in the hideout potentially for years? Ubers live half as long as unmodified natural humans unless gnomified by controlled hellerium starvation or recieving some kind of advanced medical care, that is why your crew celebrates "birthday" twice a year?

Simple: Hellerium isn't "toxic" for living beings. I think it is written in Hellerium research report. Mutant Meat might also contain some Hellerium (if we will took into consideration that X-Piratez is sequel to X-Com Files, where every mutant has "energetic blood" as explenation for their existance) so eating big ammounts of it even improves human capabilities. "Pyroman" Armor for example, has description that SS are fed with mutant meat and it improves their night vision etc.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 07, 2019, 05:27:53 am »
Is the Powerball Bat taken from Russian Overkill?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 11, 2019, 09:55:43 am »
Before I could meet the requirements for a certain patron, the game got updated; and now instead of researching it, I have to wait for it to appear as a random event after I've met its requirements.  The things is, I've been waiting for months now.  I looked into the rulesets to see if anything was wrong, but everything seems to check out.  The event is supposed to show up guaranteed at some point, but it just won't.  So I guess my question is: Is there a limit on how many random events can happen per month?  Because that's the only explanation I have left, and if that's the case then I guess I either have to resign myself to the RNG gods once again or edit my save file like a filthy cheater.  It'll be some months before I finish the Conqueror and head to Mars though, so I'll probably just wait it out.

Still looking for that music, by the way.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 12, 2019, 11:59:47 pm »
If it'll help at all, here's my save file.  It's one hour away from the next month, so you can let the next month arrive and then check the geoscape autosave to see if the random event was generated.  It's supposed to, I know I've met all its requirements; but it just won't show up, even after a couple of RNG scumming attempts.  I honestly don't know what could be wrong, or if the RNG just really hates me and refuses to spawn it.

Offline BT000

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 14, 2019, 05:07:04 am »
I've finished 50% research, but I can't start VooDoo research. I can't get VooDoo:Initiation. I think I missed something...
what is needed to research Voodoo Initiation. Sorry for stupid question....
Thanks.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 15, 2019, 12:57:23 am »
It's all in the random events.  Have you been visited by a couple of wasteland denizens?  If one of them told you to find someone in the desert, you should research that and then afterwards all you can do is wait.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 15, 2019, 01:53:34 am »
With the multiple examples of how RNGesus can hate you, introducing more ways for him to hate you might not have been the best move :-D

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 16, 2019, 05:26:22 pm »
Yes, RNG can screw you over BUT the philosopy of the mod is to play the cards you received.
You can't count on a full house each time or a royal flush.

Sometimes 3 of a kind or 2 pairs must work for your campaign to slog through critical parts/bottlenecks of the research tree.
That's why codexes have been implemented: To alter the gameplay-experience EACH TIME you play a new campaign.