aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033952 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2010 on: November 20, 2019, 09:16:11 pm »
These particular random events in question are RNG-weighed to be a non-issue if you started a new campaign on K version. If you continued an old one, and upgraded, don't be surprised the pacing is bad.

With the multiple examples of how RNGesus can hate you, introducing more ways for him to hate you might not have been the best move :-D

Yeah well, brace for even more :-D

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 21, 2019, 12:56:15 am »
I was quite some ways into the campaign when version K dropped, so I didn't want to restart.  The mystery patron being a no-show is all on me then, and I guess all I can do now is just wrap up this campaign.  At least I now know that when I start a new one (probably several versions later, I'm a rather infrequent player of this massive mod), everything should work as intended.

That's why codexes have been implemented: To alter the gameplay-experience EACH TIME you play a new campaign.

Even if you only ever pick one color.  I can't help but pick gray all the time because it always has something new each time I play.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 23, 2019, 11:46:21 am »
How about disabling bullshit events so the story ones have less competition? Who cares about minor changes to infamy or geting free animal poison by second year? Another solution is to edit seed in save near the start of next month untill the event shows.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 23, 2019, 12:08:48 pm »
i love the random events!! It is a wonderful addition.

Offline RetroJL

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 24, 2019, 02:56:11 am »
Completely agree with the random events.  They add just the right amount of pure chance to make every game unique.  Got a few early game smuggler's lockboxes off a few lucky events last playthru that really turned my entire research/etc strategy around for a bit. 

I had put this down for a few month due to school but really liking how much of the game is around building off of what you're dealt instead of just rushing certain techs.  IE: The game throwing 2(!!) melee heavy heroes at me super early pushed me into slave armors and melee weapons hard. 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2015 on: November 25, 2019, 02:38:18 pm »
How about disabling bullshit events so the story ones have less competition? Who cares about minor changes to infamy or geting free animal poison by second year? Another solution is to edit seed in save near the start of next month untill the event shows.

Explain what do you exactly mean by "competition"? As far as spawning chances go, most events are unrelated to each other. However if your thinking goes deeper that this, please elaborate.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 25, 2019, 10:05:26 pm »
I always assumed there is a limited amount of missions and events than can happen each month. Am I wrong?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 25, 2019, 11:18:34 pm »
There has to be.  Having a mission every single day would be quite draining for both the gals and probably the player too.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 26, 2019, 04:52:01 pm »
The *fixed* mission shedule is created at the start of the month.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 27, 2019, 12:01:14 am »
I always assumed there is a limited amount of missions and events than can happen each month. Am I wrong?

nope - just dice roll.  You can make 50 missions with 100% spawn chance and you'll get 50 missions spawning the next month.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 27, 2019, 12:06:01 am »
So i have my first plantation now. Also sacks (some already opened) with potatoes, leek and other stuff.  How do i "plant" anything?
I'm not the most careful reader but i remember vaguely sth about repeatedly deconstructing the field. Well i did that an lo and behold the plantation was gone - bummer.
can someone give me a primer on what to do and where to click and in what order? i have a workshop btw if that's important (but no workers or slaves).

another issue: i've almost completed the first half year and have chosen a codex (and got the codex stuff ). i finished the "contact shipyard" research recently.
But my gals still roam around in the white airbus. Where are the shadowbat, the big pink ship, the yellow hawk etc?
i feel like i missed a few important road signs ;_;

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 27, 2019, 12:46:18 am »
The only things you can plant at present are sectoweed and boomfruit, otherwise the plantation is an self contained object, no inputs required.

The STC craft require the shadowmasters tech in addition to the contact tech. At that point you will get the tech for each of the3 craft for your codex as an option to research.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 27, 2019, 01:12:22 am »
@legionof1, thank you very much! that's quite a relief. 

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 27, 2019, 02:55:45 am »
I wonder how much longer the regular plantation's description is gonna be a placeholder.  It talks about explosive uber wheat and how mutated reapers are made with them, neither of which have been true for the past year and even this year.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 27, 2019, 03:40:56 am »
The mod needs a copy editor at this point just to keep up with the sheer volume of print in the mod as things change. It's thousands of screens of text at this point, all hand written.