Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033641 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1920 on: August 31, 2019, 05:06:45 pm »
Every action (healing someone / hitting a shot / slapping an enemy) gives you experience for the stats.
If you let one of your gals do only one action per mission they'll level very slowly.

If you want to level fast, you've to use weapons that can't harm your opponents to get a larger boost for your stats for a single mission.

A strat I used some patches ago was the one shotgun with rubber-shells to fight Megapol Wolfmen.
They can't hurt me and I can't hurt them = up to +6 on firing skill each deployment.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 03, 2019, 09:37:59 am »
TYVM, every1. And...
Did any1 fight this dreaded Silence? Those skeletons in spacesuits? Which enemy is the most dreaded one in your case? I just love to fight Mercs. I devised a tav for 'em. BUT, as for zombies... gawd... Those are always a PItA to fight, especially the troopers.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 03, 2019, 04:38:44 pm »
Cheesy ways to get max xp:
Spoiler:
You can attack unconcious enemies on the ground. Target the tile he is lying on. If it's alive and you hit it, it gives xp. Best use is if you stun an armored opponent (megapol enforcer for example) that won't take damage from low power attacks. You take that guy back to your craft where your weaker gals that need training wait in safety. They can all get max xp by gangbanging the one armored guy. Best outfit for the gals you want to tain: gym suit, black adder or mini smg, leather whip.
- Black adder: train firing, fits anywhere. Can empty clip in one round.
- Leather whip: train throwing.
- Kung fu kick: trains melee and reaction. Can target ground, so you can kick a guy on the ground.
All these attacks won't damage the enforcer. You can get max xp for firing, throwing, melee and reaction from attacking a guy passed out on the ground.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 03, 2019, 06:17:53 pm »
The thing is to find a person that doesnt take damage from weak attacks but not too strong so you can reliably stun them

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 04, 2019, 02:57:44 pm »
Like Eddie mentioned in the spoiler, megapol are great for this, as are the big raider guys. They got plenty of hitpoints so they'll last a while, though megapol enforces are better merely due to their armor. Get some strong gals in armor to use stun batons or electric lassos on them till they fall, then drag their still living bodies inside the ship where your gals can gangbang them.... Figuratively, of course.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 11, 2019, 10:33:34 pm »
My little question:  Is a zombie space freighter mission winnable?

I just got my first space freighter mission and wouldn't you know it, it is full of zombies.

I know it is wise just to flee missions where your gals are outmatched or overwhelmed.  But I'm curious if at some point in the future with the right equipment my gals could ever successfully tackle this mission.  Oh and if the hordes of zombies weren't enough, there is at least one dude on the freighter that I've never seen in any of the previous missions (I've done almost 700).  He has some kind of psi attack that comes through the walls and hits a gal pretty much anywhere on the bottom level of the ship.  I'm assuming he will be able to hit my gals anywhere on the map.  The attack has a lightning like animation (like the electric lasso) that does quite a bit of stun and  tu damage along with some hp damage. 2 or 3 hits will pretty much drop a maxed hp gal unconscious.

I would rather not have to obliterate the entire freighter to "win"  the mission.

As this is my first post, I just want to thank Dioxine, those that work on the game engine, and everyone else that helped create such a great game.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #1926 on: September 12, 2019, 02:05:04 am »
"..I would rather not have to obliterate the entire freighter to "win"  the mission..." --

..although, - that would be the best possible solution, of course!

(..simply, just get & equip as much & powerful-est as possible nukes, nuc.bomb, rockets, and missiles, (and also as powerful, strong as possible.. - and launch them all, on that hordes of negro-musli.. ..ehm zoombies!

problem solved!

(also (would be) in real..)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:08:36 am by LytaRyta »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #1927 on: September 12, 2019, 02:06:16 am »
..you just cant loss..

(..with enought, a LOT of powerful nukes)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 12, 2019, 07:21:08 am »
Yeah a zombie freighter is winnable with advanced tech, but pretty much voids the main reason for coming there, the specific captives found in the normal deployment.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 13, 2019, 11:50:43 pm »
Actually I discovered today that there is a good reason to go after the zombie space freighter if your crew is buff enough.  One of my gals wearing novice armor(sense) spotted a vip.  He'll most likely wipe your squad before you can get to him.  Its the one someone in this very thread was looking for several weeks ago.

Spoiler:
There is a Technomancer on board.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 17, 2019, 07:23:58 pm »
Heheheh,
I got a Battleship, ppl. Yea. Used a barracuda w/ 4x plasma spitters and 3 Brave Whalers with 3x Meteors each. Barely, but I got it. The fight was awesome and so was the loot.

Offline Gyvon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 18, 2019, 05:43:14 am »
Is there anything you can do if the last enemy on the map spawns in an unreachable location?  Had a Techromancer Tomb mission where it went to Bug Hunt mode and I couldn't get to the last enemy.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 18, 2019, 06:51:36 am »
Is there anything you can do if the last enemy on the map spawns in an unreachable location?  Had a Techromancer Tomb mission where it went to Bug Hunt mode and I couldn't get to the last enemy.

I guess you are reffering to underground mission. Yes, you can, there is few weapons that are designed specifically to destroy terrain and dig tunnels. Like Pickaxe, or autoaxe.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 19, 2019, 07:24:54 am »
Always bring demolition tools anywhere your allowed to. Even if you don't need them on a specific example of a mission, terrain generation can always fuck you over.

Offline Gyvon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 20, 2019, 11:38:32 pm »
So, uh, what's the deal with Hovertanks?  It's not letting me load them onto my vessels.

Version J15, BTW, because I'm paranoid about updating in the middle of a save

Edit:  Nevermind, I figured it out.  Just needed to read the Bootypedia page and it explained everything
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:36:05 am by Gyvon »