Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034572 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1875 on: August 20, 2019, 06:20:18 pm »
Mutant Pogroms cause penalties if you're allied with the alliance even if you ditch the mission.
As long as you're not allied you can skip the mission without penalties.
If you visit the pogrom and instantly surrender you get punished regardless of alliance of not.
If your early squad is not ready to face a pogrom just don't bother with it and gear up.

Radar Coverage: Yes you can't have eyes on the entire globe but using hangar space to field radar craft costs you valuable building space.
The regions important to cover are: Europe / North America / Asia and you're best building bases with baby-hideouts to have radar cover.

These regions have the most traffic and best environments to play the early missions. South America and Africa have alot of jungle and desert tiles causing you to run missions in hot-environment.
Equipment is non-existent early on and you need every single TU to fight and heal and can't waste TUs onto using water bottles to cure stun-damage.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:25:26 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 21, 2019, 10:41:53 pm »
Where can I find a Rail Rifle and Nuclear Battery?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 21, 2019, 11:09:17 pm »
Where can I find a Rail Rifle and Nuclear Battery?

Rail Rifle if I remember correctly is used by Traders Guild in mid-late game where they start to fly big transport ships.

Nuclear Battery I think you can find after dismantling captured Terminators from Space Disruptions mission.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 21, 2019, 11:51:55 pm »
Rail Rifle if I remember correctly is used by Traders Guild in mid-late game where they start to fly big transport ships.

I've fought trader Gunships, Bombers, and Heavy Gunships, and I've only ever seen Gauss Weapons, not Rail Rifles.
Do Heavy Freighters have them?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 22, 2019, 08:30:57 am »
Yes

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 22, 2019, 09:18:36 am »
Yes

Two progression gates in one swing, nice.

X-Gauss and Thunderhorse, here I come.

Offline FireFog

• Squaddie
  • Hivemind #004
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 22, 2019, 11:36:51 pm »
Oi, long time listener, first time caller. I've upgraded to J15 (from J11) and started a new campaign, but I don't seem to be able to move facilities anymore with CTRL + click. Is my brain messed up, or is there a catch ?

Anyways, that's a top-shelf game (a mod of this scope becomes a game of its own right) you made there, the stuff of legends! Hats off to anyone involved with this hell of a mod (and to the lovely OpenXCom + Extended folks also).

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 23, 2019, 01:31:47 am »
After OXCE 5.4, moving facilities is removed. I do also think it is a shame. BTW, if I remember correctly, J16 comes with OXCE 5.4, so you should be able to do it yet.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 23, 2019, 10:15:53 am »
In Piratez it is disabled on the highest difficulty, iirc. It costs $333k on the others.
Though I had trouble replacing buildings with newer ones, I couldn't build the red tower over anything. Hangar over plantation worked fine.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 23, 2019, 11:55:52 am »
Which buildings count as studies? The study itself, obviously, and the personal lab as well. Something else?
I started my game way before personal labs and never built one, so I wonder if I miss some research now, as I never built a study anywhere.

Edit: Can there be different missions behind scout gates or is it always the same with the dungeon?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 12:39:57 pm by Rince Wind »

Offline FireFog

• Squaddie
  • Hivemind #004
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 23, 2019, 07:31:01 pm »
After OXCE 5.4, moving facilities is removed. I do also think it is a shame. BTW, if I remember correctly, J16 comes with OXCE 5.4, so you should be able to do it yet.
Cheers, thought I was losing it! I may upgrade to J16 when I'm back.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #1886 on: August 23, 2019, 08:59:44 pm »
^^ ..or, you alwazy can allways edit your savegame file, and edit those facilities coordinates, place'ing th baseĀ“s rooms exactly where yu want

Offline Nefandi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 24, 2019, 02:03:25 am »
I'm right at the end of a Red codex run, and I have no way to get a technomancer corpse. Is there a line edit to the .ru I could do so that I can at least build some Moloch armor? I tried to look for the appropriate value myself, but couldn't find the right one.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 24, 2019, 01:23:34 pm »
I'm right at the end of a Red codex run, and I have no way to get a technomancer corpse. Is there a line edit to the .ru I could do so that I can at least build some Moloch armor? I tried to look for the appropriate value myself, but couldn't find the right one.
Moloch is called str_slayer_armor in the ruleset. The relevant entries for research and manufacture are in piratez.rul.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 26, 2019, 01:50:48 am »
Is there max number of slave maids per base? I can't ship any to another base, it says not it enough store space ans there is about a 100 space there. WTF's wrong??