aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033932 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1860 on: August 14, 2019, 08:04:34 am »
The caps in question can be found in piratez.rul, search for"trainingstatcaps". Here's the slave soldier block.

tu: 66
      stamina: 85
      health: 40
      firing: 85
      throwing: 66
      strength: 40
      psiSkill: 65
      melee: 66

peasants are identical, bugeyes have lower cap for health and strength, loks have higher stamina and reduced health and strength. But i will leave you to find all the exact numbers.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 14, 2019, 03:27:26 pm »
The caps in question can be found in piratez.rul, search for"trainingstatcaps". Here's the slave soldier block.

tu: 66
      stamina: 85
      health: 40
      firing: 85
      throwing: 66
      strength: 40
      psiSkill: 65
      melee: 66

peasants are identical, bugeyes have lower cap for health and strength, loks have higher stamina and reduced health and strength. But i will leave you to find all the exact numbers.

Perfekt, thanks. I figured it was listed SOMEWHERE, was looking through the savegame for the info, since i could see the current stats there :)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 14, 2019, 04:16:20 pm »
(so work has kept me from playing with the frequency I wished)

I installed the recent version of Piratez into my current campaign. I noticed that an enemy base (Mercs, BTW) now has a small radar-like circle around it.
What is the meaning of said circle?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 14, 2019, 07:48:53 pm »
(so work has kept me from playing with the frequency I wished)

I installed the recent version of Piratez into my current campaign. I noticed that an enemy base (Mercs, BTW) now has a small radar-like circle around it.
What is the meaning of said circle?

Bases are now protected by Hunter Killers, so that they can shot down your transport vessel. You have to either arm up, or send interceptor first.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 15, 2019, 06:14:49 pm »
Bases are now protected by Hunter Killers, so that they can shot down your transport vessel. You have to either arm up, or send interceptor first.

That explains why my airvan randomly got shot down on the way to a completely different mission. Wish I knew beforehand that my crew would return to base, I thought they were just goners.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 15, 2019, 09:27:52 pm »
What code gives el Fuego craft?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 15, 2019, 09:38:08 pm »

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 15, 2019, 11:14:51 pm »
Gold Codex
Thanks!
Hey, can we really integrate the new version into ours? I got the March 2019 one. Old saves really work? Whete from do we download?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:47 pm »
Where you always download? The link is in the 1st post in the main thread, the one that changes its name according to the current version.

After installing as usual just copy your save and, if you want to (I know I do) your options.cfg.

I always update to the current version.

Offline Kevlar Bullfrog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 19, 2019, 05:56:53 pm »
Is there some way of boosting infamy in the early game that I'm missing? I've lost one campaign last version and may be about to lose another one on this version to the "two consecutive months of negative infamy" fail condition, despite doing nearly every mission, taking few casualties, doing research and conducting interrogations etc. Some months I do fine and get 2500+ infamy and others for no reason I can tell it's -100. In my last campaign it would be randomly -1000. Is there something I'm doing that's killing my campaign? Does slavery or pimpcraft secretly tank your infamy?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 19, 2019, 08:14:09 pm »
Are you going to mutant pogroms? Mutant pogroms are xpiratez's terror missions, so if you don't at least show up, you'll take a significant infamy hit. Also, knocking government ships out of the sky and raiding them after tends to make your infamy tank as well, since they're the people who pay you protection money, and its not like you absolutely can't do it, just don't do it often.
Slavery and pimpcraft have nothing to do with infamy, AFAIK.
Killing/kidnapping civilians during missions is also bad, and I *think* not helping the lok'narrs also tanks your infamy, since they're your only real ally, lore wise.

Some research options can tank your infamy too, but those are rare and far between.

EDIT: There's also two other things that I know can lower your infamy, those being that one "strange signal" space mission, which gives you an infamy hit if you don't deal with it, and secret bases, which give you a monthly hit if you don't deal with them, me thinks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:50:35 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 19, 2019, 09:20:28 pm »
Some enemy missions can lower your infamy, especially the ressource one with the ore ship because they stay on the map for a very long time.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 19, 2019, 11:07:44 pm »
snip
Slavery and pimpcraft have nothing to do with infamy, AFAIK.
snip

correct.

Offline Kevlar Bullfrog

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 20, 2019, 12:51:51 pm »
Thanks all, I think I must just be getting really unlucky with the enemy missions that are spawning. And I have dodged some pogroms here and there but I thought that didn't matter under you officially allied with the Mutants. Should you still show up, land and take-off even if you're not ready for a fight?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 20, 2019, 02:07:00 pm »
@Kevlar Bullfrog:
Upload a save and we can tell you more. It may be that you are unlucky, or it may be that you are not expanding fast enough (brainers + radar coverage). Research gives infamy, so the easiest solution is to get more brainers as fast as possible.

- Mutant progroms: will not drop your infamy if left alone if you are not in the mutant alliance.

- Civilians: will drop your infamy if killed. Capture is better, but still negative score. However, once you have researched a civilian, it will give positive score for capture.

- UFOs: They fly around all over the globe. They generate negative score when flying, and a lot more negative score when landed. Worst are the mining ships, that stay on ground for a very long time. The mining ship is not hard to assault, but you need to detect them first. This is why you need to expand your radar coverage.
In the early game you don't have the money to build a base and radar everywhere, that is why the game has the Pigeon radar craft. Look at the graphs to see which area has lots of activity, then send your pigeon there.