Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033748 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1845 on: August 01, 2019, 02:32:38 pm »
To the colleague with sectopods prob: u trash their shields with a shotgun. Military stgs have quite tight spread. Then u go Recoilless etc.
To the cyberdisk prob colleague: cutting works, but u need a Conan girl with very good melee, or make it two or three, and some serious weapon, not an apple peeler. Try Fuso Swords. Cyberdisks don't have many TUs, so use that. AND, u need a map with plenty of covers.

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 02, 2019, 12:31:00 am »
Hello, as a happy customer of eurosyndicate laser weaponry i've been doing a lot of missions with them (to counter balance the loss of points from avoiding doing the eurosynd missions themselves) .

But i encountered some odd results that leave me rather puzzled about some game mechanic i may not understand as much as i thought.

I equipped my Gals with eurosynd markslaser, very good type of sniper rifle that does 55 laser damage with nice accuracy at long distance with my night ops armors.
In those situation i noticed several times some armored troops like the Government Enforcer most time getting one shot-ed
 https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Govt_Enforcer_(Piratez)

But i also noticed Church Neophytes and Humanist Soldiers, both low health and low protections (and both taking 100% of laser damage)
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Church_Neophyte_(Piratez)
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Humanist_Soldier_(Piratez)

half of the time (so way too much for it being just a simple oddity) resisting 2 direct hits from that markslaser

Apparently the church guys have force circuitry, but a search on this board revealed that only the higher ranks have one (and it's also reflected on the laser resistance , as bootypedia mention neophyte taking full 100% laser damage)

So my question is why is it happening ?

EDIT : typical, i may find the answer just after asking the question, found in another search it looks like there's more randomness to armor penetration that i thought
The way damage works is:
1- Take the average damage of the weapon
2- multiply by 0 to 200% (or 50% to 150% with the TftD formula)
3- Apply the damage modifier of the armor
4- Substract armor
5- If anything is left, remove HP.
6- If HP was removed, also remove 10% of damage, rounded up, from the armor value.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:37:37 am by Rangerh »

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 02, 2019, 08:56:58 am »
Also, many weapons, particularly high powered Piercing weapons like the Auto-Cannon and Bossar inflict armor damage regardless of whether or not they deal HP damage.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 02, 2019, 01:37:05 pm »
I have two questions:

1. Where to get an academy engineer? July 2602 i have not seen one, and it locks research hard...

2. What's the deal with sectopods? I encountered a star gods pogrom, dealing with SGs themselves weren't that hard, but i wasn't able to damage sectopods at all. I looked in ufopedia, i looked in rulez files to confirm that ufopedia is correct, and i dont understand. Sectopod have back armor of 110 with no resistance against cutting or piercing and 40% resistance against concussive, so why my recoilless rifles, panzerfaustes and tech cleavers/battle axes deal no dmg to it? Especially RR which at 62-187 dmg with 40% AP should deal some dmg on every hit...

That 40% means they only take 40% of damage.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 08, 2019, 12:35:41 pm »
How the hell do you kill a Megazombie?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 08, 2019, 02:37:55 pm »
How the hell do you kill a Megazombie?

Shoot it?
The thing has about 800+ hp, but no armor. It takes only 35% damage from explosives (concussive), so these are the least effective. So yeah, it can eat some rockets.
On the other hand, one close-range autoshot from the mammoth chain shotgun will bring it down. Shotguns are the fastest way to kill it.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 08, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »
Shoot it?
The thing has about 800+ hp, but no armor. It takes only 35% damage from explosives (concussive), so these are the least effective. So yeah, it can eat some rockets.
On the other hand, one close-range autoshot from the mammoth chain shotgun will bring it down. Shotguns are the fastest way to kill it.

YEEEA:)
Zombie Troopers go down quite fast with Street Sweeper with incendiary ammo. 2 volleys and byebye.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 08, 2019, 03:18:14 pm »
If  u see a craft with "Flag: Unknown," it's ZOMBIES!

I wanna face such a... Bomber, Cruiser... Oh, yeeeah;)

"Careful what you wish for..." "OF COURSE I WANNA."

Curious thing, I have begun again from a very early save, on a very beginning of the game - NOT a new game - and now, everything is so different! Wayz more zombie ships... Dark ones attacking me base...

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 10, 2019, 06:50:59 am »
Why do my spacesuits tear for no reason?

I'm doing my first space mission, and the moment turn 2 begins, every soldier takes one point of damage, causing their suit to tear, which makes them take half their HP in stun damage.

They don't have to get hit for that, it happens even if they just sit inside the craft (Prospector.)

As with before, I can't tell if this is a legitimate mechanic or a glitch, though I am leaning towards the latter.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 10, 2019, 06:54:20 am »
Does it have something to do with the "You feel the cold of the void?" message?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 13, 2019, 08:48:42 pm »
Space missions are currently bugged, Dioxine was trying to alter the environmental effects in space and didn't fix all the O-G armors. To correct for now.

"there is no quick fix.... well maybe the quickest would be disabling the enviro damage in space
- type: STR_ENVIRO_SPACE
    paletteTransformations:
      PAL_BATTLESCAPE: PAL_DGOOD_SPACE
    environmentalConditions:
      STR_FRIENDLY:
        chancePerTurn: 100
        firstTurn: 2
        lastTurn: 1000
        color: 205
        weaponOrAmmo: "AURA_COLD_DEADLY"
        side: 4
        bodyPart: 1
find that in Piratez_Planet.rul and delete the whole 'environmentalConditions' block"

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 13, 2019, 10:30:21 pm »
Lol, I was just about to write about that :). Had 2 space missions in a row, got around 25% stun pr round :( Managed to complete one, had to load the start of the mission and cancel the second, no way my 2 men could kill 4+ zombies in 4 rounds :)

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 14, 2019, 12:45:12 am »
Trying to update my Excel sheet of all my soldiers, and i was wondering about training.
I know the max trainable stats for my ubers and hands, so I got a pretty good idea of how long it is till they are out of training. But I cannot figure out what the stats are for Slaves, Lokk'Naars and Bugeyes.

My best guess is that it is based on Firing 85, Throwing 66, Meelee 66, and nothing else, can anyone confirm that, or know what the various numbers are?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 14, 2019, 01:46:29 am »
Trying to update my Excel sheet of all my soldiers, and i was wondering about training.
I know the max trainable stats for my ubers and hands, so I got a pretty good idea of how long it is till they are out of training. But I cannot figure out what the stats are for Slaves, Lokk'Naars and Bugeyes.

My best guess is that it is based on Firing 85, Throwing 66, Meelee 66, and nothing else, can anyone confirm that, or know what the various numbers are?

You should be able to research entries on each possible soldier type, and they tell you the possible stat ranges.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 14, 2019, 02:49:40 am »
Yeah, I know their max stat ranges. But i am trying to find out whenever they are done training in the Dojo :).