Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033810 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1815 on: July 11, 2019, 05:14:17 am »
Mastery is V. power x V. skill

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 12, 2019, 12:44:02 pm »
Jukebox:

I finally managed to add all my tracks to the Jukebox and finally the game recognizes and automatically plays my new tracks a lot more frequently than couple days ago, when I made this error:

musics:
musics:
GMGMEO
GMGMEO1
GMGMEO2
GMTACTIC
GMTACTIC1

As you can see I accidentally left two "musics:"  entries in Piratez_Resources.rul 
and that effectively cut off auto play of most of my new tracks!!!

Offline jungybrogan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 12, 2019, 05:49:23 pm »
How does one acquire Disc of Death (i), Medical Slicer (i), and Holy Hand Grenades once researched?  Are they drop/arcane strongbox only?

Also where are all the Deep One Nomads?  May 2603 and haven't come across any, only Warriors.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 12, 2019, 06:48:04 pm »

Also where are all the Deep One Nomads?  May 2603 and haven't come across any, only Warriors.

The nomads are the ones you find underwater, Warriors you find above.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 13, 2019, 09:56:20 am »
How does one acquire Disc of Death (i), Medical Slicer (i), and Holy Hand Grenades once researched?  Are they drop/arcane strongbox only?

Disc oD you manufacture, slicer you find in missions against the Academy (It's MEDICAL, so that it's the Academy stuff like all other things medical; sonic pulsers, etc, etc? - Deep Ones. Logic, Scotty, logic - Spok) and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch we get explaineth by somebody else as I, too, shalt need to know hat.)

But I DO have an ominous feeling that this Holy Grenade is gonna be some veeery seriously fuked up shet, as Threedog says.

Offline Nefandi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 14, 2019, 07:21:02 pm »

Spoiler:
Academy Espers sometimes carry medical slicers esp on passenger ferrying missions. You can manufacture Disc of Death after getting the info from a merc captain. The Holy Hand Grenade is a super rare drop that I got once from a mysterious tower mission, and another time from a random underwater mission-I've yet to set one off.

Offline jungybrogan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 16, 2019, 08:30:57 pm »
I had them researched already.  Disc of Death actually required the Industrial Printer to manufacture, still haven't figured out how to manufacture Medical Slicer and Holy grenades, but I've been getting them from Campus raids and Arcane boxes respectively.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:32:44 pm by jungybrogan »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 18, 2019, 02:59:39 pm »
Holy grenade will be needed againdt that Baron of Hell (666 HP) that u have to capture (?) for some armor, blahblah... Anywayz, have yer main attack craft stuffed with yer best gals, axes, maces, Gandalfs, Saurons, gunz n ammo. Ya will need those. ALL.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1823 on: July 18, 2019, 03:14:19 pm »
Actually, catching the Baron is relatively easy to do, asit rarely dies from injuries - wear him down with automatic fire and then make sure he doesn't bleed out. It isn't guaranteed of course, but probably the easiest way, so repeat until it works.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 18, 2019, 04:05:46 pm »
TYVM, Scorch. I will face the Demonic Sacrifices Missions, didn't do those yet, so I'm sharpening my swords now.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 18, 2019, 04:11:27 pm »
What do you do to keep calm your gals wearing the Blitz Armor on hard missions? Even Bravery 90 ones go mad, gotto give them back the Chromeback. Bah. They chomp all my chocolate. Blitz looks so nice and has 50 Reactions...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:13:08 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 18, 2019, 07:16:33 pm »
What do you do to keep calm your gals wearing the Blitz Armor on hard missions? Even Bravery 90 ones go mad, gotto give them back the Chromeback. Bah. They chomp all my chocolate. Blitz looks so nice and has 50 Reactions...

Pillow Books, healing other gals, killing enemies, smoking cigs etc. Just check Bootypedia.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 18, 2019, 11:25:32 pm »
Mostly killing though, that's what all those time units are for.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 19, 2019, 06:21:54 am »
In Vanilla, it was possible to get an allied craft to hover over a UFO landing so they would engage the moment the UFO took off.

Is this still possible in X-Piratez with the "Every ship can enter the battlescape" mechanics?

Also, where do "The Russian Files" come from?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:53:45 am by thevideogameraptorboggle »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 19, 2019, 01:14:19 pm »
The files come from a special mission in Siberia, you'll have to research it for it toshow up.