Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1239868 times)

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3945 on: September 02, 2024, 12:15:33 am »
You gotta do the Scum & Villainy mission (65% chance per month).
oooooooooooook

thanks a lot

it's true that I passed them by, they didn't look interesting

so I was wrong

Offline raubritter

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: September 02, 2024, 05:19:17 am »
Post a screenshot

Restarted game and all the UI appeared normally again.  Having a different thing now where all the audio just completely stops until I restart the client.

Offline dronnoh

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: September 06, 2024, 03:10:12 pm »
Can't find this information, so i'm gonna ask this here.

What are the damage stats formula for Bloodhound's Blood Bite attack? Xpedia here states that it's a whoopping zero damage, which is clearly wrong, since my War Blessing Bloodhounds rip through power armor and even tanks surprisingly easy (considering that bloodhounds are a low tier early enemy), and ingame menu and armor analysis button show no information about it whatsoever.

Might as well ask about dogs' Bite attack, since this is the same situation.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 03:12:00 pm by dronnoh »

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: September 06, 2024, 03:15:54 pm »
0 damage, however:
Strength applied = ✔️
Which means, the unit's strength is added to the damage.

Offline dronnoh

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: September 06, 2024, 03:52:47 pm »
0 damage, however:
Strength applied = ✔️
Which means, the unit's strength is added to the damage.

Thanks. That makes sense, but is a bit unintuitive, since everyhing else has inbuilt damage formula.

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: September 07, 2024, 02:59:33 pm »
Quick query: Are there Alien Bases to search for in this as per Normal X-COM?

I've floated the Fortuna around a few places and not seen any as of yet even checking high spike shipping areas (the old technique).

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: September 07, 2024, 03:45:07 pm »
Quick query: Are there Alien Bases to search for in this as per Normal X-COM?

I've floated the Fortuna around a few places and not seen any as of yet even checking high spike shipping areas (the old technique).
Not quite alien, per se, but the big factions (guild, academy, mercs etc) will occasionally set up an Alien Base on the map. The Ninjas, when sufficiently provoked, will also set up a lot of bases.

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: September 07, 2024, 07:14:19 pm »
Where is the excess gear (not equipped) dropped in a Shadowbat? I can't see the pile on the map. Could really use those extra incendiaries I packed as its a sudden zombie mission!

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: September 07, 2024, 08:02:14 pm »
Where is the excess gear (not equipped) dropped in a Shadowbat? I can't see the pile on the map. Could really use those extra incendiaries I packed as its a sudden zombie mission!

Honestly, no idea. I never used that one, but I do know is that you fill a vessel with the default positioning of your troops, one of them will be on top of the excess gear of that vessel. Well, at least AFAIK.

TL;DR: Fill a ship with troops, check the troop with the excess gear at their feet on turn 1. Hope it helps!

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: September 07, 2024, 08:21:08 pm »
Honestly, no idea. I never used that one, but I do know is that you fill a vessel with the default positioning of your troops, one of them will be on top of the excess gear of that vessel. Well, at least AFAIK.

TL;DR: Fill a ship with troops, check the troop with the excess gear at their feet on turn 1. Hope it helps!

That is not reliable. For example Fortuna has a gear pile in separated compartment that no soldier stands in.

Offline zombieguy223

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: September 07, 2024, 08:34:29 pm »
Just checked it, and the pile is in the room on the bottom-left of the ship (one of the two rooms with ladders), next the door to the center room with the stairs. If you're checking from the start of a battle, then press TAB to go to the second soldier in the deployment, and the pile is on the tile next to them.

I've attached a screenshot showing the location. The soldier is standing on the pile.

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: September 07, 2024, 09:55:59 pm »
Thanks, I did find it on the last turn of the battle, it was disguised against the floor lol.

Fortunately, managed to get through on the ammo we had; thank god I had Incendiary rounds for two Street Sweepers! (34 zombies on that level including 2 brutes with the fists, and 5 purple farmers). Firing from the wings of the shadowbat whilst the two with UAC shotguns covered the entry ramp got me through the first two turns and it was clean up from there. Though the Incendiary grenades would have been useful earlier (see screenshot!).

This was the start lol:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/612020320211042324/1282003772901429320/image.png?ex=66ddc68d&is=66dc750d&hm=250ec2408a836b6848096d24622a5aba3b1f80ca86617b039c41995bce91498f&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1233&height=675

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: September 07, 2024, 10:34:11 pm »
That is not reliable. For example Fortuna has a gear pile in separated compartment that no soldier stands in.

Yeah, I didn't recall that small detail. I'm in the middle of a new run and I didn't remember that.

PS: I should have said Checking the minimap for an item drop dot on turn one, in the ship. I'm colorblind, so I have no idea which color is it

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: September 09, 2024, 08:41:06 am »
1) I just got the Brute armor research, but it will take me some weeks in game to build it. Is it underwater usable like the Harbringer?

2) I checked the research and to get big pew pew lasers I need the Russian files, that from what I searched in forums need a Syberia mission, how do I get this mission?

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: September 09, 2024, 10:51:37 am »
Hi, got a simple question:
When I research get Interrogation Techniques https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_INTERROGATION , and then research captive that has some results locked behind  Interrogation Techniques, will it give that locked result automatically, or is it just added to the pool of dozens of random results that it can give?
FOr example, will Academy engeener https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_SECTOID_ENGINEER  give me his Academy engineering right away, or would i have to potentially research them multiple time before RNG gods give me the engeneering?